Ramayana: History or Myth?

Iamanidiot

So you mean to say that a person who is now alive is true, his grand father is history and his forefathers and great grand fathers are MYTH. Without those great grand fathers the YOU, HE or SHE do not exist today
There is no evidence for the existence of Rama it is a bards tale.Buddha's existence is supported by history and archaeology

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Silly argument. No one has stopped anyone to question other faiths.

Gentlemen, your concern has been addressed in previous posts. If you do not like thread, stay away. Non-conformity with your belief does not mean propaganda. Report posts if you find actual bashing.

Back to topic now.
Simply just being a MOD at DFI does not give the right to say me that if i do not like this or that, i should stay away from the topic SIR.

tramp

If you have that much capacity of questioning about GOD, ask him directly. Not to people who do not know who is GOD in the first place. First ask yourself, who are you and from were you come from How does the soul enter the body? Why the body does not get up after the soul leaves the body? What is death? What is birth? get the answers of this questions and then you can ask the authenticity of GOD and who is GOD. If a person dies can you make him alive by any of the presently available medicines or technology? There is no answer to this and here you are questioning about GOD.
What is soul?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
There is no evidence for the existence of Rama it is a bards tale.Buddha's existence is supported by history and archaeology
You mean to stay that there is no evidence of our fore fathers? Then you and I do not exist in this world.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Simply just being a MOD at DFI does not give the right to say me that if i do not like this or that, i should stay away from the topic SIR.
Being Moderator gives me right to hold a discussion or call it off.

Be a part of discussion or ignore it, your choice. Thread will continue.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

tramp

Your statements shows your insensitiveness & your High class time killing ideas. In Hindusism, we do not have provisions for the blasphemy like others.

My Point is this discussion is disrespectful, insensitive & propagandist.
If there is no blasphemy, how can you say I am being disrespectful? I have my beliefs. And I am discussing it with whoever is willing to discuss. Anybody who does not think its disrespectful can reply.
By your argument, unless religion is accepted without questioning, it is disrespectful, is it?
I may believe in a historical Rama and I may use a religious text to know more about that entity. I may believe in a religious Rama and I may use a geological analysis to understand the entity. How can you prevent me from doing that?

Is your BELIEF so weak that it is hurt when somebody discusses it? Or do you think that unless YOU stand up as protector it will not survive?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Rama my forefather you must be kidding do you think he went on a gang banging spree to sire all Indians?
First of all I did not say LORD RAM was our forefather. Now stop your BS.

Think your great grand father did bang your great grand mother and did not have children and you came down to earth from HEAVEN :pound::pound::pound:

Decklander

Your name suggests it all. I am a Saraswat Bhardwaj Gotra Brahmin. Lord Ram was guided to Panchavati by Rishi Bhardwaj who was son of Rishi Angira of previous Manavantra. I have record of my family right upto second century AD and it goes back even beyond that. It has been traced just bcoz of my Gotra. Now If there was no Lord Ram than there was no Rishi Bhardwaj also. If so, than how have my gotra survived and FYI most Brahmins of palaghat in Kerala and Tamilnadu are Bhardwaj Gotra brahmins.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If there is no blasphemy, how can you say I am being disrespectful? I have my beliefs. And I am discussing it with whoever is willing to discuss. Anybody who does not think its disrespectful can reply.
By your argument, unless religion is accepted without questioning, it is disrespectful, is it?
I may believe in a historical Rama and I may use a religious text to know more about that entity. I may believe in a religious Rama and I may use a geological analysis to understand the entity. How can you prevent me from doing that?

Is your BELIEF so weak that it is hurt when somebody discusses it? Or do you think that unless YOU stand up as protector it will not survive?
You should discuss with some knowledge and up to a point were you do not insult others. We are not against your discussions, but asking whether our faith or GOD is true is hurting us.

Our Kindness does not mean that we are weak.

Some members in the forum start making vulgur jokes about our GODS and so we get angry. Like that member lamanidiot, who is always waiting for a chance to talk bad about HINDUS and our faith.

Iamanidiot

First of all I did not say LORD RAM was our forefather. Now stop your BS.

Think your great grand father did bang your great grand mother and did not have children and you came down to earth from HEAVEN :pound::pound::pound:
Iam not a shiny brasslota to come from god's esteemd orifice.Iam a humble normal human

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Being Moderator gives me right to hold a discussion or call it off.

Be a part of discussion or ignore it, your choice. Thread will continue.
It does not mean that you start bashing on members who are against you SIR. Who are you to stop me?

Iamanidiot

Your name suggests it all. I am a Saraswat Bhardwaj Gotra Brahmin. Lord Ram was guided to Panchavati by Rishi Bhardwaj who was son of Rishi Angira of previous Manavantra. I have record of my family right upto second century AD and it goes back even beyond that. It has been traced just bcoz of my Gotra. Now If there was no Lord Ram than there was no Rishi Bhardwaj also. If so, than how have my gotra survived and FYI most Brahmins of palaghat in Kerala and Tamilnadu are Bhardwaj Gotra brahmins.
You sir being a MP, be rational. Some Hypothetical family tress connecting to some hypothetical divine ancestor through some imaginary family tree is not my cup of tea.What you stated is too redundant in Indian History,Sociology and Anthropology. I would rather take it with a pinch of salt

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
It does not mean that you start bashing on members who are against you SIR. Who are you to stop me?
:facepalm:

Read my posts again.

Be part of discussion or stay away. Thread will not be closed. I am not going to repeat.

tramp

You should discuss with some knowledge and up to a point were you do not insult others. We are not against your discussions, but asking whether our faith or GOD is true is hurting us.

Our Kindness does not mean that we are weak.

Some members in the forum start making vulgur jokes about our GODS and so we get angry. Like that member lamanidiot, who is always waiting for a chance to talk bad about HINDUS and our faith.
Can you show me a single instance where I have used insulting language against any religion, spiritual being or any member of this forum?
Nobody is questioning your faith or your god.. please continue to believe... but leave me to my belief. and do not think for a moment you will make me believe in what you believe.
Please don't be KIND to me..... I don't care about what your disposition is.

Patriot

Country flag

What you are practicing shows your belief system.

Coming to questioning, did you ever questioned your mother about who is your father? One got to believe. It is not respectful to keep questioning everything what you believe. Cheers!!

You guys are ignored as per your advice. Enjoy.

Decklander

You sir being a MP, be rational. Some Hypothetical family tress connecting to some hypothetical divine ancestor through some imaginary family tree is not my cup of tea.What you stated is too redundant in Indian History,Sociology and Anthropology. I would rather take it with a pinch of salt
We can always have a meaningful debate without sarcasm and without hurting anyone's sensibility. You stated that we can have hypothetical family trees. Yes you have a point. But how is it that nearly all written texts available as history prove the existance of such a person who started this family tree. How can you discount the DNA evidence which binds us together? I hope you know that Y-chromosome is carried only by males and gets passed to a male child only. So if we go by DNA profiling, my family tree is not hypothetical unless you want to trash even DNA as an evidence.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
You just proved that "every religion harbors extremism". Respect and belief cannot be forced.

Moreover, your statement resembles the blasphemy laws of Pakistan. Would you like to burn me alive or club me to death for debating history?

You are calling/ discussing Hindus' deity as Myth, what does it meant by you? You are challenging the very existaence of the same, it is an insult to our beliefs. What is purpose to discuss this? What do you want to achieve by discussing it?

What I am suggesting is insensitive guys take Hinduism & it's followers beliefs for granted & discuss it to prove how broadminded intellectual & secular you are. So , if Hindus as always been tolerant that does not mean to kill your time you keep ridiculing it with your fancy ideas.

tramp

What you are practicing shows your belief system.

Coming to questioning, did you ever questioned your mother about who is your father? One got to believe. It is not respectful to keep questioning everything what you believe. Cheers!!

You guys are ignored as per your advice. Enjoy.
I do not know if you would have refused to ask who your father was even if you had reasonable doubts. Because you got to believe.

Thanks for seeing reason.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles