Ramayana: History or Myth?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I won't debate on the approximate DOB but the Yuga cycles posted here need to be understood differently.
Yugas are all of same duration. There are 2 halves in the 24,000 years durationof the Yuga cycle.
First is the ascending half of 12,000 years where each Yuga of 3000 years ends at a positive high for the other Yuga to take over.
At the end of this half civilizational virtues are at peak.
Second is descending half of another 12,000 years which is the waning phase obviously.
1 Solar Cycle(?) takes 24000 years. It has two phases, which we can call ascending and descending both of 12000 years each. Descending phase starts with Satyuga (4800) -> tretayuga (3600) -> dvaparyuga (2400) -> kaliyuga (1200), followed by ascending phase kalyuga (1200) -> dvapuryuga (2400) -> tretayuga (3600) -> satyuga (4800) and so on and so forth.

To go off topic would mean, each Solar Cycle follows evolution and a birth of "new" human "race".

Cross posting from - http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/religion-culture/43444-ancient-astronomy-kaliyuga.html

:whoa: One of the implications from all this, is that we've already hit rock bottom between 976 B.C. and 676 B.C. and we'll be entering another transitional phase of 300 years from 2025 A.D.
Sorry if all this was too OT.
There is a 400 years transition cycle in Satyuga, 300 in Treta, 200 in Dvapar and 100 in Kalyuga.

ASsuming 1699 was the year dwapar yuga started. Then 1599 onwards effects of Dwapar were seen, and till 1899 effects of Kaliyuga were seen. The peak will reach in 2899.

David Frawley aka Vamadeva Shastri :D
He changed his name after adopting Hinduism.
I don't know why people have this urge to change names when the religion/faith or whatever is changed. :rolleyes:
I mean you can be a Hindu and still call yourself David Frawley. No offense in that.

Regards,
Virendra
I have read a few of his works, I wasn't much impressed.

tramp

Paji, I kindly request you to not to encourage these kind of debates which are hurting my believes and others too. Why don't people ask the same to christians faith about the life of Jesus?
This is simply anti-HINDU debate.

I personally feel this is showing the hatred towards my faith and believes. No one has the right to question my faith or spread my belief as a MYTH or CONSPIRACY THEORY.
Is there an attempt to ridicule, show contempt, negate YOUR belief? You can continue to believe. Let others believe what is comfortable for them. Do not be so intolerant, bro.
Jesus is among one of the most controversially discussed historical personalities.

Patriot

Country flag
Paji, I kindly request you to not to encourage these kind of debates which are hurting my believes and others too. Why don't people ask the same to christians faith about the life of Jesus?
This is simply anti-HINDU debate.

I personally feel this is showing the hatred towards my faith and believes. No one has the right to question my faith or spread my belief as a MYTH or CONSPIRACY THEORY.
Very true! These type of guys create such propaganda because they do not have fear of fatwas & types when same thing is done with Islam or Christians. All this discussion meant to hurt the religious beliefs of Hindus. In addition, talking or writing any crap against Hindu beliefs has become style statement & symbol of upper /elite & intellectual class.

Decklander

The cycle of Yugas is close to 24k years with ascending and desending cycles seems rather true. As per Kalki Puraan, the Birth of KALKI SHUD HAVE ALREADY happened either in 1992 or will happen in 2014. He is supposed to start his battles with Jin/Zin/Xin at the age of 40 yrs. The timing of the birth of Kalki is set to be the beggining of the end of Kaliyuga After which Satya Yuga is supposed to return in the cycle of Yugas.
@Razor,
Lack of fossils does not mean they never lived in this part of the world. Your logic is as wrong as that of Aryan invasion Theory where the english cited the lack of fossils of horses in saraswati river civilization to buttress their arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:

tramp

Very true! These type of guys create such propaganda because they do not have fear of fatwas & types when same thing is done with Islam or Christians. All this discussion meant to hurt the religious beliefs of Hindus. In addition, talking or writing any crap against Hindu beliefs has become style statement & symbol of upper /elite & intellectual class.
So, are you obliquely suggesting that the culture of issuing 'fatwas' at the drop of a hat is alright, so long as it is for so-called protection of YOUR faith?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
No one is bashing religion here. There is no propaganda. This is academic discussion. We encourage everyone to contribute their views. If thread does not suit your taste, please ignore.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
No one is bashing religion here. There is no propaganda. This is academic discussion. We encourage everyone to contribute their views. If thread does not suit your taste, please ignore.
What bloody discussion? No one has the right to question my religious book "RAMAYANA". Stop this anti-HINDU propaganda.

Whom so ever may be the person , he has no right to play the fool with others faith. He has no right to do that.

Patriot

Country flag
So, are you obliquely suggesting that the culture of issuing 'fatwas' at the drop of a hat is alright, so long as it is for so-called protection of YOUR faith?
You are calling/ discussing Hindus' deity as Myth, what does it meant by you? You are challenging the very existaence of the same, it is an insult to our beliefs. What is purpose to discuss this? What do you want to achieve by discussing it?

What I am suggesting is insensitive guys take Hinduism & it's followers beliefs for granted & discuss it to prove how broadminded intellectual & secular you are. So , if Hindus as always been tolerant that does not mean to kill your time you keep ridiculing it with your fancy ideas.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Many already have questioned Jesus ? Have you read the "Da Vinci Code" ?

I think everybody has the right to question every God. Otherwise society will not move forward.
Debate about that here. Stop doing anit-religious debate in a DEFENCE FORUM. It may be against any religion, no one has the right or correct knowledge to debate about other faiths and believes. Please stop questioning authenticity.

Hardly no one can answer the question of what is the name of his or her great great great great grand father and here we are debating about religions which are existing from 1000's of years.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What bloody discussion? No one has the right to question my religious book "RAMAYANA". Stop this anti-HINDU propaganda.

Whom so ever may be the person , he has no right to play the fool with others faith. He has no right to do that.
Calm down. This is nothing anti-Hindu. People have questioned jesus and everyone else. No one is compelled to embrace any faith without question. There is reason why it is called 'Belief'.

Belief - The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in something or someone.

They have right to doubt, question and discuss anything. That is freedom granted by our constitution. As long as there is no religious bashing, thread will continue. If you do not like, please stay away.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Many already have questioned Jesus ? Have you read the "Da Vinci Code" ?

I think everybody has the right to question every God. Otherwise society will not move forward.
If you have that much capacity of questioning about GOD, ask him directly. Not to people who do not know who is GOD in the first place. First ask yourself, who are you and from were you come from How does the soul enter the body? Why the body does not get up after the soul leaves the body? What is death? What is birth? get the answers of this questions and then you can ask the authenticity of GOD and who is GOD. If a person dies can you make him alive by any of the presently available medicines or technology? There is no answer to this and here you are questioning about GOD.

Iamanidiot

Rama and Jesus are myth.The Buddha is certainly historical figure

tramp

You are calling/ discussing Hindus' deity as Myth, what does it meant by you? You are challenging the very existaence of the same, it is an insult to our beliefs. What is purpose to discuss this? What do you want to achieve by discussing it?

What I am suggesting is insensitive guys take Hinduism & it's followers beliefs for granted & discuss it to prove how broadminded intellectual & secular you are. So , if Hindus as always been tolerant that does not mean to kill your time you keep ridiculing it with your fancy ideas.
Please continue to believe in what you believe. I am not saying you should not believe in it. Also, I am not saying it is wrong to believe.
I am discussing what I believe in. There is no compulsion for you take part in the discussion. You can ignore all of it or you can state your views.
Or do you want to slap blasphemy provisions on me for discussing it?

Patriot

Country flag
Calm down. This is nothing anti-Hindu. People have questioned jesus and everyone else. No one is compelled to embrace any faith without question. There is reason why it is called 'Belief'.

Belief - The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in something or someone.

They have right to doubt, question and discuss anything. That is freedom granted by our constitution. As long as their is no religious bashing, thread will continue. If you do not like, please stay away.
Please dare to start questioniong the Islam & it's holy icons, let us see what happens then.

Thread will continue to carry forward the propaganda & the craps. Great!!!

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

They have right to doubt, question and discuss anything. That is freedom granted by our constitution. As long as their is no religious bashing, thread will continue. If you do not like, please stay away.
It does not mean one can question my religious book. Why don't the same people file an RTI and question why BHAGATH SING, RAJ GURU and SUKHDEV are being made terrorists in books?

Only 1 year or odd before a small girl filled an RTI asking who gave GANDHI the name as FATHER OF THE NATION. Till then no one questioned the authenticity of Gandhi. Everyone blindly followed and taught that Gandhi is the FATHER OF NATION(INDIA). In another text book they show Bhagath Singh as a terrorist. People don't dare to debate this.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I do think Rama is not a myth. He might have lived and so did Rawana. But I do not think Rawana resided in Sri Lanka. His suzerainty might had been around somewhere in India.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
So you mean to say that a person who is now alive is true, his grand father is history and his forefathers and great grand fathers are MYTH. Without those great grand fathers the YOU, HE or SHE do not exist today

Patriot

Country flag
Please continue to believe in what you believe. I am not saying you should not believe in it. Also, I am not saying it is wrong to believe.
I am discussing what I believe in. There is no compulsion for you take part in the discussion. You can ignore all of it or you can state your views.
Or do you want to slap blasphemy provisions on me for discussing it?
Your statements shows your insensitiveness & your High class time killing ideas. In Hindusism, we do not have provisions for the blasphemy like others.

My Point is this discussion is disrespectful, insensitive & propagandist.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Please dare to start questioniong the Islam & it's holy icons, let us see what happens then.

Thread will continue to carry forward the propaganda & the craps. Great!!!
Silly argument. No one has stopped anyone to question other faiths.

sesha_maruthi27 said:
It does not mean one can question my religious book. Why don't the same people file an RTI and question why BHAGATH SING, RAJ GURU and SUKHDEV are being made terrorists in books?

Only 1 year or odd before a small girl filled an RTI asking who gave GANDHI the name as FATHER OF THE NATION. Till then no one questioned the authenticity of Gandhi. Everyone blindly followed and taught that Gandhi is the FATHER OF NATION(INDIA). In another text book they show Bhagath Singh as a terrorist. People don't dare to debate this.
Gentlemen, your concern has been addressed in previous posts. If you do not like thread, stay away. Non-conformity with your belief does not mean propaganda. Report posts if you find actual bashing.

Back to topic now.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Today we all are so much alive and we have our names in the GAZETTE OF INDIA. But after 1000 years will we become a MYTH.

People are just debating or discussing for the sake of time pass.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles