Rajiv Malhotra Lectures on Dharma and Ancient India

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I think Rajiv Malhotra's lectures do give a more clear voice of many Hindus like me with more information and coherence. Wanted something positive to be here in this forum. If we can have a thread on laltopi, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have a dedicated thread on this man IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
For Rajiv Malhotra fans - there's now a "Breaking India" course https://www.cisindus.org/courses/breaking-india/
-
Relevant video on what he calls "Emotional Kshatriyas vs Intellectual Kshatriyas". Emotional Kshatriyas are bombastic people who are eager to give response without doing research. The "right wing" needs to up their game on the intellectual front.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Where does one start? I want to learn more about my dharma and also become a better Hindu. I'm quite lost. I have followed PVR Narasimha Rao. I do not like a lot of what he does (spread our teachings and stuff to people who maybe are not deserving), but I cannot doubt his sharpness.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Where does one start? I want to learn more about my dharma and also become a better Hindu. I'm quite lost. I have followed PVR Narasimha Rao. I do not like a lot of what he does (spread our teachings and stuff to people who maybe are not deserving), but I cannot doubt his sharpness.
I am not in position to give you some proper guidance but from what i've read so far, some tidbits to at least start with something,

do ashthang yog as much as you can, and to understand it read Gita Press' "PaatanjalYogPradeep" ( link to order it -> Gitapress, alternatively there also is a scanned pdf version on archive.org at here -> archive.org )
if it is too much just start doing Praanaayaam (and i mean actual pranayam, not just breathing exercises)...
the jyotish i have been following since past some years, Shri Vinay Jha ji, has told it many times when you start doing pranayam and your cause is just and your faith is firm enough Ishwar himself starts showing path...
do note that in Ashthang Yog, Pranayam comes later after Yam-Niyam-Aasan...you may have to at least learn basics of those first three parts to be eligible for pranayam but please follow it throughly...
May Ishwar show you right path :pray:

Also you wanted to know about Jyotish as well,
Shri Vinay Jha ji's website on the topic would be helpful, http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
I am not in position to give you some proper guidance but from what i've read so far, some tidbits to at least start with something,

do ashthang yog as much as you can, and to understand it read Gita Press' "PaatanjalYogPradeep" ( link to order it -> Gitapress, alternatively there also is a scanned pdf version on archive.org at here -> archive.org )
if it is too much just start doing Praanaayaam (and i mean actual pranayam, not just breathing exercises)...
the jyotish i have been following since past some years, Shri Vinay Jha ji, has told it many times when you start doing pranayam and your cause is just and your faith is firm enough Ishwar himself starts showing path...
do note that in Ashthang Yog, Pranayam comes later after Yam-Niyam-Aasan...you may have to at least learn basics of those first three parts to be eligible for pranayam but please follow it throughly...

Shri Vinay Jha ji's website on the topic would be helpful, http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/
I cannot read Hindi. Is there anything in English translation?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I cannot read Hindi. Is there anything in English translation?
I'm sorry i am not aware of any translation of Geeta Press books outside the press itself, but this and some other books (like ShaankarBhashya and Ramanujacharya's Bhaashya on BhagawadGeeta) are often recommended by Shri Vinay Jha ji,
and he also specifically mentions to ONLY FOLLOW SANSKRIT MEANINGS of our shashtras, all kaliyugi translations are more or less corrupted etc...in this case try to find a good translator maybe ? or just learn Hindi + Sanskrit...i know lots of hard work but sometimes there are no shortcuts

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Start with Eknath Easwaran's translations of the Gita and Upanishads. Accessible and modern english language. Targeted for a Western audience but is authentic. You can easily get copies on Amazon/Kindle

Last edited:

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Guns + Spirituality

Ati uttam milan hai Johnny Baba
Pranaam:truestory::yo:

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag

This man says he has never seen such a strong horoscope for anybody except Muhammed. Wtf?

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
This is from the same guy's website: "God is neither Hindu, nor Christian or Muslim." Seriously?

Corrupt people like this guy, PVR Rao, the whole lot were predicted I guess thousands of years ago to appear during Kali Yuga

The whites will steal our Vedic heritage, claim it to be their own. HIndus will then possibly wake up, but probably not. Whites will then use our heritage against us, as they have done for hundreds of years.

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
This is from the same guy's website: "God is neither Hindu, nor Christian or Muslim." Seriously?

Corrupt people like this guy, PVR Rao, the whole lot were predicted I guess thousands of years ago to appear during Kali Yuga
Ok man if you don't have much acumen to even understand what he's trying to say then you do your karma...otherwise HE IS THE PANCHANGKAAR OF GOVARDHAN MATH, you think those guys are just fools to give any "corrupt" person tasks of creating panchang... 😒 He regularly writes on his FB account about various topics but you won't go through it all (cannot even, because he writes in hindi there and you are handicapped about it) but would just jump around some quotes and what not then yes, you do your karma..

Last edited:

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Ok man if you don't have much acumen to even understand what he's trying to say then you do your karma...otherwise HE IS THE PANCHANGKAAR OF GOVARDHAN MATH, you think those guys are just fool to give any "corrupt" person tasks to create panchang... 😒 He regularly writes on his FB account about various topics but you won't go through it all (cannot even, because he writes in hindi there and you are handicapped about it) but would just jump around some quotes and what not then yes, you do your karma..
#1: I don't have a facebook account. I'm not fool enough to give facebook access to my inner musings for them to profile me, or in another way so you can understand... understand how I think to create a bot version of me

#2: What I am talking about is literally what many many people are concerned about. Rajiv Malhotra himself has written extensively on this topic. You are appealing to authority. Because he is part of a Math he is infallible. This is wrong.

#3: I am taking nothing "out of context" or "jump around some quotes". This is explicitly written on this guy's website. If you are blinded by authority, that is on you. I care strictly, almost exclusively, for not only Hindu existence but Hindu unity and Akhand Bharat. Think whatever you want.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
#1: I don't have a facebook account. I'm not fool enough to give facebook access to my inner musings for them to profile me, or in another way so you can understand... understand how I think to create a bot version of me

#2: What I am talking about is literally what many many people are concerned about. Rajiv Malhotra himself has written extensively on this topic. You are appealing to authority. Because he is part of a Math he is infallible. This is wrong.

#3: I am taking nothing "out of context" or "jump around some quotes". This is explicitly written on this guy's website. If you are blinded by authority, that is on you. I care strictly, almost exclusively, for not only Hindu existence but Hindu unity and Akhand Bharat. Think whatever you want.
k

DownWithCCP

Country flag
I used to admire Rajiv Malhotra but that man seems to be a charlatan, he has links with that crook Nithyananda, gave bizzare justifications of his infamous "act" and goes on to do stuff like this.

Like wtf?

fooLIam

I used to admire Rajiv Malhotra but that man seems to be a charlatan, he has links with that crook Nithyananda, gave bizzare justifications of his infamous "act" and goes on to do stuff like this.

Like wtf?
Yet he have done more than any of us,or armchair warrior. He debated debated likes of wendy and Pollock and whole western acedmia.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles