Rafale versus Sukhoi 30--which is your favourite?

Poll: Battle of Favourites Sukhoi 30MKi or Rafale ?

• Total voters

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
First off Rafael

F1 standard was pure Air to air
F2 included air to ground and recon capability
F3 is Nuke capable (Curent standard)

Only advantage is terrain mapping radar thats just one component(that gives a + not an absolute that same radar can be incorporated into Su30 if need be)

Wepons SU30 MKI has the capacity to take a whole load of mutions Guided , Unguided and it can be modified just as how bahamos was intergrated that will never happen for Rafel
with Thrust to weight ratio of 1.0 its as good as rafel.

Air-to-surface missiles:
3 × Kh-59ME TV guided standoff Missile, 115 km
3 × Kh-59MK active radar homing anti-ship missile, 285 km
4 × Kh-35 anti-ship missile, 130 km
6 × Kh-31P/A anti-radar missile, 70 km
6 × Kh-29T/L laser-guided missile, 30 km
4 × S-8 rocket pods (80 unguided rockets)
4 × S-13 rocket pods (20 unguided rockets)

VS

MBDA Apache or
Storm Shadow-SCALP EG or
AASM-Hammer or
GBU-12 Paveway II or GBU-49 Enhanced Paveway II
GBU-24 Paveway III
AS-30L

Can you tell me launching brahmos in air to land mode .. is that strike mission or Air-Air combat mission??

All that aside Rafel carrying drop tanks and mutions is not going to give the performance that is advertised and either way its range is way lower than that of SU30-MKI which is a bigger aircraft carrying more fuel all intenally
For the price they are offering its not worth the perfomance it gives . SU 30 can do the same job. For the price of a singe Rafel you can probably upgrade 2 more SU30-MKI to super sukoi standard with Zhuk radar

All i am saying here is SU-30MKI is a versatile Multi Role platform and not just a Air superiority fighter . SU-27 was designed as one but has grown to be a multirole aircraft. Just as Rafel that started in the design as being air dominace fighter and then became a multi role aircraft(Omni Role is a marketing term)

BTW im sure Su-30 MKI can fly at 20 m
:thumb:

Su 30 MKI ,, Keep the Burglar Alarm in ON condition

Khagesh

Dekhiye bhai sahab what I gave you was figures. How you define it is not under my control.

But that combat radius for Rafale is one where it ain't gonna see any combat. It is good enough for only sight seeing. Not even good for Oblique Photography missions. And that is the only point I made besides the raw data which I am merely forwarding.

Also IIRC, the Su30MKI was listed at 750 km for nuke delivery missions in lo lo lo profile in one of the Ashley Tellis (@Rand) writeups. Circa Santhanam exposes days.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles