Racist attacks on Indians in Australia!

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Is Aus trying to bury racist attack? 27 May 2009, 1703 hrs IST A student from Andhra Pradesh who was among four students from India, assaulted by a group of teenagers this week, is battling for life in a hospital in Melbourne. Shravan Kumar, the 25-year old student is in a critical condition, said one of his close friends who also had a narrow escape during that attack. Another student, Kiran, is also from Andhra. The other two have been identified as Subhash and Sandeep.

"Doctors are still unsure if Kumar will survive and if he does, he will lose his vision or memory", Shravan’s friend, Sinivas Gandhi, said.

A group of teenagers attacked four Indian students while they were partying here over the weekend, leaving Kumar in a serious condition. Sinivas said the attackers abused them and said they should go back to India.

They were hit with a screwdriver by the attackers who apparently were in drunken state. While three were discharged after medical treatment, Kumar is still fighting for his life.

Shravan’s cousin told TIMES NOW that the Indian Consulate General met the victim and that they have been assured of every help that is required. Doctors have told Sharavan’s family to be ready for any eventuality.

After Indian Consul-General in Melbourne sent a report to Delhi about the racist attack on Indian students; Indian government has said that it would examine the case. India's High Commissioner to Australia would visit the racist attack victim.

Shravan Kumar, hailing from Andhra Pradesh, came to Australia two years ago and was a student of automotive engineering at Cambridge International College in Melbourne.

Sinivas said, the police had asked them to take care of their own security and even said that they "can't go on protecting each and everyone".

He said they were also asked to change their residence in a bid to protect them.

Past instances of racist attacks against Indians in Australia

Violent attacks on Indians have been growing over the last few years and have raised serious concern for aspiring students who wish to study in Australia.

The latest attack on Indian students is the second such incident in the span of a month.

On 21st May 2009, 21-year old Sourabh Sharma, was assaulted in a train by a group of thugs who asked the boy to give them a cigarette. Sharma was mercilessly kicked mercilessly by the thugs.

On 20th May, 2008, cabbie Balraj Singh was attacked by two men who had hired his cab.

In April last year, 23 year old Indian student Jalvinder Singh was stabbed four times in the chest. Jalvinder was working as a part time cabbie in Melbourne.

The incident has prompted TIMES NOW to ask:

Why is the Aus govt and media trying to bury the 'racist attack'?

Despite repeated attacks, what has the Australian Government done to ensure that foreign students are protected?
http://www.timesnow.tv/Is-Aus-trying-to-bury-racist-attack/articleshow/4317931.cms

p2prada

Such attacks cannot be avoided.

Next time someone in this forum comes under attack, just pick up a rock or anything hard and don't hesitate to use it. If anything happens to the attacker, you will be protected under the law. As long as you don't get carried away.

The same crappy incidents used to happen in New Jersey, US.
Indians used to come under attack regularly in certain areas. Police complaints yielded no results. One such incident resulted in the death of a middle aged guy carrying groceries. The attackers were a part of a gang particularly created for hate crime.

So, the rest of the diaspora came up with a "quick reaction team":D.
These guys formed a network of informants on many streets. So once an attack was reported. 20 or 30 Indian guys used to arrive armed with baseball bats and the like. They used to make it to the scene is a few minutes. The petty gangs disappeared overnight. Not just Indians, all were protected, Chinese, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Latinos.

Country flag
i recommend to Indians i meet in USA to arm themselves, they think i am kidding but they are running big buisness and with the economy going bad it will become a jungle.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
@Sailor

* Police Interrogation Scene *

Where were you on the night of 26th May???

:D:D:D:D:D

Mohan

Respected Member
Well I dont know why only Indians and few weeks ago it was in America and now its Australia. Is India govt going to give a travel advisory to students like Oz always found to give and pull out of the tournaments. But i feel the damage has already done now and the students might think twice to go there. its my view thats all

Country flag
mohan it is not only Indians but since we view Indian media we get that impression, try going to UK and getting a job saying you are pakistani.

p2prada

i recommend to Indians i meet in USA to arm themselves, they think i am kidding but they are running big buisness and with the economy going bad it will become a jungle.
It would be better if they stick to crowded places for shopping or eating out. Also use cars even if you are going around the block. Damn the environment, your life comes first.

Arming themselves is dangerous, most of the muggers will carry guns. Who knows what those crazy buggers might do if they are drunk or high on drugs. Especially knowing American gun culture.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
There is an undercurrent of racism that exists in all countries and it is more prevalent among the blue-collar workers who treat outsiders has someone who stole their job or is a competition. This got even more exacerbated now due to global recession and massive layoffs in western economies.

All one can do in foreign land is avoid nights, if cannot, try to stay in groups or hang out with locals. This will ensure and protect you from attacks. There is nothing one can do to stop hate crimes all the time, round the clock.

Country flag
It would be better if they stick to crowded places for shopping or eating out. Also use cars even if you are going around the block. Damn the environment, your life comes first.

Arming themselves is dangerous, most of the muggers will carry guns. Who knows what those crazy buggers might do if they are drunk or high on drugs. Especially knowing American gun culture.
you can assume most criminals in USA have guns so being unarmed is not a guarantee that you will be safe, it is a right of every American citizen to bear arms given by the constitutions and very few Indian citizens exercise this right, but i surely do.

p2prada

you can assume most criminals in USA have guns so being unarmed is not a guarantee that you will be safe, it is a right of every American citizen to bear arms given by the constitutions and very few Indian citizens exercise this right, but i surely do.
You have a better sitrep on the situation mate. Which gun do you use?

We Indians are a bit passive by nature.

Perhaps I will recommend my uncle a Peacemaker:D. Nothing like the old six shooter.

Rage

DFI TEAM
India asks Australia to ensure security of its students there

27 May 2009, 2047 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Expressing outrage at the attack on its students in Melbourne, India today asked Australia to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna reminded Australia about its responsibility to ensure the well-being and security of Indian students studying in that country.

"I have been appalled at the attack on our students in Melbourne," Krishna said in a statement here while commenting on the assault on four Indian students, one of whom is battling for life in a hospital there.

"We will impress upon the Australian authorities that such attacks should not be permitted," he said.

The minister said Indian Consulate General in Melbourne is in touch with the affected students and the state police.

Indian High Commissioner in Canberra Sujata Singh has rushed to Melbourne to take stock of the situation and to ensure that the student who has been seriously injured receives the best possible treatment and that the authorities ensure that the culprits are brought to book.

http://www.turkishweekly.net/other-...ity-of-its-students-there-economic-times.html
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...of-its-students-there/articleshow/4585714.cms
http://www.samaylive.com/news/india...re-security-of-its-students-there/630431.html

Sailor

For every so called racist attack made against students from overseas by ethnic crime gangs, one hundred white Australian youths are bashed.

Note that if they are Hindu Indians, I'd say they were targeted by Islamic crime gangs.

We are sorry too that we allowed this scum of the Earth to come and live in our beautiful country.

johnee

Education is a big business in Oz, then they should also make sure that those innocent kids who come there are protected. GOI must put some real pressure on the Oz Govt to take action.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
For every so called racist attack made against students from overseas by ethnic crime gangs, one hundred white Australian youths are bashed.

Note that if they are Hindu Indians, I'd say they were targeted by Islamic crime gangs.

We are sorry too that we allowed this scum of the Earth to come and live in our beautiful country.
I think I saw footage of the incident on TV. Have you seen it?

Do the attackers look immigrants?

Sailor

The crime gangs just look like normal youths. Lebanese Islamics would be hard to pick from any other whites.

We are a multicultural society. Our glorious politicians created this paradise of all peoples coming together to live in peace and have a new life.
Only one thing wrong. It doesn't all work. Older married people with families assimilate after a generation but it all takes time.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I don't think anyone is railing against Australia as a country. It is a nice country of great people overall and that doesn't change.

The demand for security of Indians in Australia after some of these incidents is a legitimate one. The Aussi government should do whatever it takes to punish the guilty and create strong deterrence to avoid a repeat.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
My prayers for the victim and yes this thing is bullshit. Same thing happened here in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Almost 10-12 tibetan guys had been gun shot by those ugly ass Hmong low life thugs though only one lost his life. But still it was a sad moment. I guess wrong time, wrong place, and wrong people. Any ways, now that's one reason why we should stay away from such a ignorant and low life people, second reason why we choose to live in better and more friendly neighborhood, and third reason why its important to have restriction on late night partying. To all those people who are safe and secure now, we should all be thanking our wonderful parents and grandparents for teaching us to stay away from dirty and low life people who can be criminal. There's lot we can learn from other people's circumstance. Om Mani Padmai Hum......may he get well soon!

ShyAngel

Founding Member
I don't think anyone is railing against Australia as a country. It is a nice country of great people overall and that doesn't change.

The demand for security of Indians in Australia after some of these incidents is a legitimate one. The Aussi government should do whatever it takes to punish the guilty and create strong deterrence to avoid a repeat.
Amen!
That ......... who killed that one tibetan boy he was sentence to death 4 years ago. Now that .... is no more........

johnee

The Aussie Govt should be blamed here. They tried to hush hush the matter, until GOI took it up. BTW, we all need to remember that not every racist incident involves voilence. There must be racial taunts, verbal attacks and then they finally culminate into this kind of incident. Aussie Govt doesnt seem to care.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles