Racist attacks on Indians in Australia!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is not the first time, Indian's been targeted.. What was the prevention taken by Indian/Aussie government ???

Wherever we go, we are targeted racially!! .. Why is it like that??
Have you ever travelled by an autorickshaw in Delhi which refuses to go by the meter and interacted with the driver?

Well, that is the type who goes abrad to acquire low level skills and their behaviour does not change!

Oracle

Oracle I don't think its entirely wise to go to a foreign land and form gangs and attack their natives. It will make matters even worse for everyone. One thing to note is that the number of attacks have actually come down in recent times from the previous highs.
I understand your POV. However, being nice and tolerant as the Indian society teaches us right from our childhood has not helped matters, no? It's not Ghandian era!

All that matters is the length of one's stick!

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Majority who get attacked are Pendu (village Indians), who work odd/late shifts which pays them more money. As they are not fit to live and acclimatize to the life of metropolitans such as Delhi or Mumbai, due to which, they become sudden misfits when they are exposed to culture of cities 10 times more advanced (e.g Melbourn). These people who have sold their village lands to take up courses such as cookery, hotel management etc and other short-term schemes are there only to make money and get PR, if not then work illegally. They lack basic city manners, curtsey, English (language), physical cleanliness and are rude. Some of them live life worst than a Junkie minus Pot. They are one of the most dirtiest lot and usually gets attacked.

Above all the people who attack are not always white, there is a major Lebanese and Black Gang problem in cities such as Sydney and Melbourne, these Pendus cannot differentiate between an Aussie and a Wog? For them every white is an Aussie, and majority of the attacks take place with the motive of robbing and shabby appearance of this particular lot.

Ask Indians who live in class and have friends from all communities (are not doing double shifts like these pendus), they live in good places not the shabby areas away from the city due to cheaper accommodations; such Indians feel more safe than anyone else. These semi-literate village people invite such incidents on themselves and are afraid to fight back due to PR and language issues.

And as per ganging up and fighting back, I know many Indians who have trashed not just Lebanese but even Aussies, my brother's friend has a police case on him for beating up two racist white boys single handedly, the only difference was that he had confidence and was from a good family, moreover, taking crap was not his cup of tea, he knew the law and got his way out because he was well educated and from Delhi. Indians from well educated backgrounds and good families may face some racial slurs but never get attacked by gangs, as they know the no-go Lebanese/Black zones where even Aussies don't enter.

In the end, I would say even Aussies get attacked and killed, crime has increased manifolds in Australia due to immigration from asylum seeking nations and things don't look very rosy for law and order situation. People from India who are illiterate, under confident and lack proper exposure will always face trouble in foreign lands. There has been a huge IELTS/Toffel scam (to get admissions) which has been unearthed, wherein all these Pendu people scored high score in English exams, when in reality, they could not speak/read/write a sentence of English. Aussies have strengthen their Visa policy and have understood the issue of undeserving people entering Australia, I am sure things will start improving when student visas are issued to deserving students and not to the people who have a sole aim to drive cabs (after immigration).

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This is not the first time, Indian's been targeted.. What was the prevention taken by Indian/Aussie government ???

Wherever we go, we are targeted racially!! .. Why is it like that??
Because good morals are only for preaching to others. Remember one thing there still is racism all over. Its really high in germany which was recently lamented by its own chancellor. Australia had a White Australia policy till the 70s. They only pretend to be nice as they know they need the colored, blacks, yellows to do the work they themselves can't do and to buy their products as the wealth of the colored people increases. But deep down for them they are the "whites" and others are inferior.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Agree with maomao. My sister and brother in law live in australia. They say they are perfectly all right and not faced any problems. Lebanese are the biggest problem as they form ghettos and their area is a strict no go even for white Aussies.
But then we have some cases of attacks on well educated and high flying indians too. I remember that person who was dragged from his car and beaten up. I think he was from delhi. So its a mix of both racism and some plain goondagiri.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
Hey i have had a couple of experiences as a victim of street crime, that too in the last year, and it can happen to anyone who is unfortunate enough to end up in a bad situation, with bad guys lurking about.

The government of Australia should start a coaching/instructions class for these poor students.

And criminals come in any race face possible.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Agree with maomao. My sister and brother in law live in australia. They say they are perfectly all right and not faced any problems. Lebanese are the biggest problem as they form ghettos and their area is a strict no go even for white Aussies.
But then we have some cases of attacks on well educated and high flying indians too. I remember that person who was dragged from his car and beaten up. I think he was from delhi. So its a mix of both racism and some plain goondagiri.
Yusuf, I have clearly said some Aussies are racist, as its hard for anyone to accept migrants to rule their ghettos and get bullied, Aussies have long been bullyed by Lebanese, hence Cornula incident, its more about discontent in the native masses. On the contrary, if you go to Rural Australia, people there are not at all racist but friendly, they will feed you, let you spend night without charging a penny; disgust against rowdy migrants have not seeped in there yet. Yes I know some up-scale people have been attacked, again the question is by whom? lebanese, aussies or local hoodlums? Few years back Indians thrashed many Lebanese out of utter disgust in a pub fight, and the trashing was in and around Indian dominated areas, no Lebanese came out of their houses for almost a week. We have to realize, unlike Indians, rowdy Lebanese are 2nd or 3rd generation asylum seekers and many of whom have citizenships, Indian who trashed them were all with PRs or well to do and young, hence secured and were well versed with the local law and connections, they were joined by local whites and in particular by the local rugby team to clobber rowdy lebanese, since then there have been no incident by lebanese in that area.

In shyty places crime happens, and Indians bring it on themselves, how do you expect an illiterate underconfident Pendu to defend himself, if he does not even have a capability to explain what happened to him in English? or he is driving cabs, living illegally long after he has completed his Sham course in cookery?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Race row in Australian college over 'Raj theme' party

MELBOURNE: An elite Australian college has sparked a race controversy after it organized a "colonial-themed " party where Indians wearing traditional garments served guests present at the event.

The St Paul's college, affiliated with the University of Sydney, had organized its yearly "upscale" dinner with an "end of the British raj" theme, asking guests to come dressed in "white tie of colonial uniform" and served them Indian food.

College students, who arrived at St Paul's great hall dressed in immaculate black dinner suits with matching white handkerchiefs, were met by a team of Indian and south Asian waiters, dressed in colourful traditional cultural garments, who served them Indian delicacies and curries, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

http://m.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/14009512.cms

pmaitra

Re: Race row in Australian college over 'Raj theme' party

There is plenty of racism in the US as well. I see it all the time.

Even yesterday morning I saw a group of White people walking the streets and picking up garbage and putting them in plastic bags. While I have seen Indians, Whites, Blacks, Chinese, Hispanics, Arabs, et al., tossing refuse all over the place, every time I see the general public going around picking garbage, the are always, and I repeat, always White. Note, these White people are not employed by the city to keep the city clean. They are volunteers!

Okay, so now coming back to the OP. Yes, it is true that one could interpret this as 'racism,' but let's not be one sided in our criticisms. If we must criticize, it is fine, but then, I would like to chip in with appreciation as well. Just keeping it balanced.

Zebra

Country flag
In Australia, Greek and Lebanese people also face racism lelated issues.

For Physical assault, I will suggest please stay away from cheap localities for low rental cost. At the end you will keep your self at risk.
I saw here, people who can easily effort to stay in some safer areas, but still stay in such areas which should be avoided.

Try to avoid Melbourne's north and north-western suburbs. It will be OK.

panduranghari

Majority who get attacked are Pendu (village Indians), who work odd/late shifts which pays them more money. As they are not fit to live and acclimatize to the life of metropolitans such as Delhi or Mumbai, due to which, they become sudden misfits when they are exposed to culture of cities 10 times more advanced (e.g Melbourn). These people who have sold their village lands to take up courses such as cookery, hotel management etc and other short-term schemes are there only to make money and get PR, if not then work illegally. They lack basic city manners, curtsey, English (language), physical cleanliness and are rude. Some of them live life worst than a Junkie minus Pot. They are one of the most dirtiest lot and usually gets attacked.

Above all the people who attack are not always white, there is a major Lebanese and Black Gang problem in cities such as Sydney and Melbourne, these Pendus cannot differentiate between an Aussie and a Wog? For them every white is an Aussie, and majority of the attacks take place with the motive of robbing and shabby appearance of this particular lot.

Ask Indians who live in class and have friends from all communities (are not doing double shifts like these pendus), they live in good places not the shabby areas away from the city due to cheaper accommodations; such Indians feel more safe than anyone else. These semi-literate village people invite such incidents on themselves and are afraid to fight back due to PR and language issues.

And as per ganging up and fighting back, I know many Indians who have trashed not just Lebanese but even Aussies, my brother's friend has a police case on him for beating up two racist white boys single handedly, the only difference was that he had confidence and was from a good family, moreover, taking crap was not his cup of tea, he knew the law and got his way out because he was well educated and from Delhi. Indians from well educated backgrounds and good families may face some racial slurs but never get attacked by gangs, as they know the no-go Lebanese/Black zones where even Aussies don't enter.

In the end, I would say even Aussies get attacked and killed, crime has increased manifolds in Australia due to immigration from asylum seeking nations and things don't look very rosy for law and order situation. People from India who are illiterate, under confident and lack proper exposure will always face trouble in foreign lands. There has been a huge IELTS/Toffel scam (to get admissions) which has been unearthed, wherein all these Pendu people scored high score in English exams, when in reality, they could not speak/read/write a sentence of English. Aussies have strengthen their Visa policy and have understood the issue of undeserving people entering Australia, I am sure things will start improving when student visas are issued to deserving students and not to the people who have a sole aim to drive cabs (after immigration).
good post.

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian restaurant owner becomes victim of racist attack in Australia

In an apparent racist attack, an Indian restaurant owner was beaten up and verbally abused by a group of teenagers in Australia's Ballarat near Melbourne.

22-year-old Himanshu Goyal was bashed up and verbally abused while closing his Bridge Mall eatery about 9.30 p.m. (local time) on Friday when eight teenagers shouted racial abuse at him while another in the group punched him on face.

Indian restaurant owner becomes victim of racist attack in Australia - Indian Express

TrueSpirit

That's really one useful insight. After hearing people on the thread, I feel Nordic countries are, by far, the safest for everyone, irrespective of nationalities.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles