Rachida Dati 'brought shame on her Muslim family' by becoming single mother

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010

Former French justice minister Rachida Dati 'brought shame on her strictly Muslim family' by becoming a single mother, a scathing book by her own brother claims.

Ms Dati, now a Euro MP in Brussels, was described as 'cold, egocentric and authoritarian' by Jamal Dati in a blistering attack on his sister. His book, 'In The Shadow Of Rachida', tells how their staunchly Muslim father 'lost all pride' when his daughter's pregnancy outside wedlock became public. Mr Dati, 42, said: 'For two months my father repeated that it was over, and he no longer wanted to see her.

'We have all been dishonoured by this. We are Muslims after all. 'My father is from the old school, and so fairly strict.' Ms Dati, 43, was controversially sacked earlier this year, just five days after giving birth, and ordered to stand as an MEP. Nicolas Sarkozy is said to have reduced her to tears when he told her: 'Either you leave for Brussels or you leave with nothing.' She then triggered a media frenzy by refusing to reveal the father's identity.
Opinion polls still vote Rachida Dati - the daughter of a Moroccan builder and an Algerian mother - one of the most popular women in France and an icon of ethnic diversity.

Mr Dati added: 'My sister is very authoritarian. Everyone must do exactly what she demands. 'There is only one way of doing things, and that's her way. Everything centres around her.' The book comes after a former minister to Sarkozy branded Ms Dati 'a snob' in a public outburst earlier this year. Sacked sports minister Bernard Laporte said: 'She's a very false person. Rachida is only happy when people are talking about her.'

Mr Dati said his sister also snubbed him and refused to take his phone calls after he was jailed for two months in 2007 for drugs offences. He added: 'If I had the misfortune to call her, she would just hang up because I was her delinquent brother. She buried me. 'Not long ago I have a bracelet to her daughter Zohra and she didn't even thank me.' Ms Dati is said by French political pundits to be planning a return to domestic French politics in fiver years time, with a bid to become mayor of Paris and possibly even stand for president.

She told French newspapers recently that Sarkozy was keen for her to play 'a much larger role' with his ruling UMP party. The former minister was unavailable today to comment on her brother's book.

The book is due to be published on October 7.

S.A.T.A

Sounds more like a snubbed brother complaining than one disgraced upon losing honour..........I mean she lives in France what the heck did he expect.

However one must add,as its usually in such cases,upset he might be but he is probably telling the truth.

amitkriit

At least she is a good human being who valued life over honor. She brought child into this world as a loving mother, rather than throwing her on streets or aborting her. Bravo!

I think its not her but the brother who brought shame to the family by getting caught with drugs, he can best be called a hypocrate and a selfish man who tried to exploit blood-relation for his own profit.

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
Sounds more like a snubbed brother complaining than one disgraced upon losing honour..........I mean she lives in France what the heck did he expect.

However one must add,as its usually in such cases,upset he might be but he is probably telling the truth.
At least she is a good human being who valued life over honor. She brought child into this world as a loving mother, rather than throwing her on streets or aborting her. Bravo!

I think its not her but the brother who brought shame to the family by getting caught with drugs, he can best be called a hypocrate and a selfish man who tried to exploit blood-relation for his own profit.
This dude thinks she brought shame on their muslim family but yet he is banking on her name to get people to buy the book which he wouldn't have been able to write without her. Looks like he's run out of cash for some coke that's why he's cashing on her head. :rolleyes:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles