Race between Jf17 block 3 v Tejas mark1a,

The Maverick

Country flag
just been reading in pak def that they are expected to receive their first upgraded thunders,only in 2022 and that the contract is for only 30 fighters,and not 50 .
I think cost is the big issue
I understand we will receive mark1a,two yeara,later ie,2024 .
anybody know when the first mark1a, is rolled out for testing
I'm feeling our,decision to go with only 40 mark 1 and order 83 mark1a looks a much better,decision now

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
just been reading in pak def that they are expected to receive their first upgraded thunders,only in 2022 and that the contract is for only 30 fighters,and not 50 .
I'm feeling our,decision to go with only 40 mark 1 and order 83 mark1a looks a much better,decision now
Mk1a can be said to be testing as various components are being tested on lsp Tejas beforehand , afterwards it will be just lsp by name but all tech being mk 1a type

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Actually how far are going with Mark1A is not known at all. If serious aerodynamic changes that were studied... ...are made then it'll shoot way past Block3, which is even worse aerodynamically as the Chinks bulged the centre to hold more fuel.

On top of that, there was even talk of weight reduction. So yeah, too little data.

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why HAL does not make a PT of MK1A ? I mean how difficult it can be. ? It's nothing but typical who gives a damn attitude.

Ghost hale

Country flag
I was just thinking where to post regarding the same topic. So as far as information is out, JF-17 has BVR superiority on Tejas right? I know RCS is less for tejas and missiles have lesser effective range than claimed range but on theoretical numbers that assumption is correct right? I m considering the fact that it was mentioned 'Enhanced derby' and derby-ER.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I was just thinking where to post regarding the same topic. So as far as information is out, JF-17 has BVR superiority on Tejas right? I know RCS is less for tejas and missiles have lesser effective range than claimed range but on theoretical numbers that assumption is correct right? I m considering the fact that it was mentioned 'Enhanced derby' and derby-ER.
Jf-17 had better missiles.. Chinese ones are based on Derby only.

But with Derby-ER, Astra etc. that won't last long.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Jf-17 had better missiles.. Chinese ones are based on Derby only.

But with Derby-ER, Astra etc. that won't last long.
Yes thats the idea. I was just thinking about current JF 17 block 2 arms vs MK1 arms already tested.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Which sort of race between the Junk fighter and Tejas Mk1? Where is the match? Junk fighter is miles behind Tejas Mk1 and Mk1A.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Which sort of race between the Junk fighter and Tejas Mk1? Where is the match? Junk fighter is miles behind Tejas Mk1 and Mk1A.
BVR Missiles? Numbers inducted? Export? Tejas will be better in long haul, we all know. We are talking about present. Never count ur enemy down before it happens.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
It's not... Block1 is essentially equivalent to Tejas IOC standard, but Block 2 & 3 are definitely not as "junky" as Indians like to tell themselves.
They too are junk. Only few electronics are changed. Substandard AESA (Air cooled), Substandard Targeting pod cum IFRTS etc. and substandard over hyped Chinese missile.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
China use 5 decades old Mig 21 but they are not using JF 17.
Same reason we're not using Tejas Navy, but offered if up for export. Because we've got other jets for ourselves to do what we need to do.
They too are junk. Only few electronics are changed. Substandard AESA (Air cooled), Substandard Targeting pod cum IFRTS etc. and substandard over hyped Chinese missile.
Kuch vi mat bol do..

It has got its strengths... atleast equal missiles, better cockpit than Tejas, much greater weapons variety. Have you researched?

This is the STR vs speed they divulged to DCS.
Screenshot_20210505_095316.jpg

Tejas would be like this (I suggested for the Mod)..
IMG_20210505_095347.png

So it definitely has its strong suites over Tejas here & there.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Same reason we're not using Tejas Navy, but offered if up for export. Because we've got other jets for ourselves to do what we need to do.

Kuch vi mat bol do..

It has got its strengths... atleast equal missiles, better cockpit than Tejas, much greater weapons variety.

This is the STR vs speed they divulged to DCS.View attachment 88177
Tejas would be like this (I suggested for the Mod)..

So it definitely has its strong suites over Tejas here & there.
In which air show that STR was seen?

Better weapons? better than R73, R 37, Derby, Payton, Glide bombs?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
In which air show that STR was seen?
Quite a few actually. Go & watch. It has a sweet spot, at such speed it outperforms Tejas.

Better weapons? better than R73, R 37, Derby, Payton, Glide bombs?
Yes. Only Python-5 is ahead of it... FOC Tejas has no glide bombs right now, but Blk2 has them as well as AShM.. Plus I just wrote that all Chinese BVR missiles are based on Derby design they bought from Israel. They are similar.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles