Race between Jf17 block 3 v Tejas mark1a,

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
What is the Malaysian fighter requirement? I feel FA-50 will be selected.
Read this
They also want it to perform additional role of lead in fighter trainer
FA-50 has that provisions?
I know Tejas does, with the SPORT variant

FalconSlayers

เคงเคฐเฅเคฎเฅ‹ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคคเคฟ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคฟเคคเคƒ
Country flag
Read this
They also want it to perform additional role of lead in fighter trainer
FA-50 has that provisions?
I know Tejas does, with the SPORT variant
Does it require to have BVR capability?

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
Does it require to have BVR capability?
It doesn't specifically say it
But I would assume it comes under "advanced avionics and weapons systems"

Tactical Doge

Country flag

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Okay then
Is it cheaper?
Is it compatible with present inventory of Malayans?
Also, how does the CLAWs hold up, I'm talking about past incidents and track record of it's safety

FalconSlayers

เคงเคฐเฅเคฎเฅ‹ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคคเคฟ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคฟเคคเคƒ
Country flag
Okay then
Is it cheaper?
Is it compatible with present inventory of Malayans?
Also, how does the CLAWs hold up, I'm talking about past incidents and track record of it's safety
It is cheaper, it uses F-404 engines same as F-18 of their airforce.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
It is cheaper, it uses F-404 engines same as F-18 of their airforce.
From basic googling:
CLAWs they claim to be in house developed using American assistance
But they have had crashes over the same time period as the Tejas
Also no provision for Russian armaments
Which the Malayans use

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Porkis only have some 134 jf 17 in its inventory and even if block 3 is added it will not mostly be less than 50 so jf 17 is just a band aid for porky air force it replaces some j7 that it.malyasians can look for quality of western engine avionics indian made missiles in tejas or the korean trainer cough fighter.or it can go for russian engine aluminium body chinese missile pakistani green paint jf17.
Can you tell me exactly how many JF 17 block they have , how Many JF 17 block 2 they Have and how many JF 17 block 3 they have? Just research this and find out. A small request to you from my side.

Super Flanker

JFT Block-3 is much advanced than LCA Mk1A, true. But Block-1 is useless and Block-2 is trash.
JF 17 block 1 is kinda of a 3rd Generation Aircraft in a sense you can say. Even our Mig 21's can counter it ,if I am right.

UnderFingy

Country flag

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Can you tell me exactly how many JF 17 block they have , how Many JF 17 block 2 they Have and how many JF 17 block 3 they have? Just research this and find out. A small request to you from my side.
attaining solid figures are tough but i think @UnderFingy no are correct.hell i cant even find out how many F16 the pakis have upto 70 were delivered some crashed pakis always have a vague or "corrupt" way of buying stuff.

Super Flanker

50 Block 1
88 Block 2
50 Block 3 on order

Oh thanks for telling me that. So I guess our mig 21 is enough for JF 17 block 1.Block 1 is in a sense pretty much 3rd generation so I don't think so it will be too difficult to shoot Block 1 JF 17 with MIG 21 bisons ,our LCA Tejas will pretty much dominate JF 17 block 1 in BVR .Not sure about JF 17 block 2 and 3 though.Here is a video which might be worth watching:

ladder

Country flag
Oh thanks for telling me that. So I guess our mig 21 is enough for JF 17 block 1.Block 1 is in a sense pretty much 3rd generation so I don't think so it will be too difficult to shoot Block 1 JF 17 with MIG 21 bisons ,our LCA Tejas will pretty much dominate JF 17 block 1 in BVR .Not sure about JF 17 block 2 and 3 though.Here is a video which might be worth watching:
It's seldom 1:1. Try reading more into the strike package of Feb 26/27 of Pakistan without going into who shot down whom and who missed what target.
As many experts have commented on it and many have presented the relative position of the strike package w.r.t time. It will be a good read and by the end of it, you probably will less appreciate the 1:1 comparison.

Super Flanker

attaining solid figures are tough but i think @UnderFingy no are correct.hell i cant even find out how many F16 the pakis have upto 70 were delivered some crashed pakis always have a vague or "corrupt" way of buying stuff.
Yes , we don't always know what exactly is present in their inventory, porkis are Excellent at executing Propoganda. We can't exactly say how many JF 17s they have , how many JF 17 block 1,2,3 they have .We can only assume at this point
And nothing else.

Super Flanker

It's seldom 1:1. Try reading more into the strike package of Feb 26/27 of Pakistan without going into who shot down whom and who missed what target.
As many experts have commented on it and many have presented the relative position of the strike package w.r.t time. It will be a good read and by the end of it, you probably will less appreciate the 1:1 comparison.
Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
50 Block 1
88 Block 2
50 Block 3 on order
Block1 is equivalent to our 16 IOC.
Block2 is equivalent to our 34 FOC.
Block3 is equivalent to our 73 Mark1A (except if 95kN engine & IRST is added, then it'll be between Mark1A & Mark2).

Anyways.. It's clear that due to their early induction, the lower quality Jf-17 are higher in number compared to Tejas. Already considerable in the first 5 squadrons of both, this qualitative difference will become much much more significant if the total orders is counted (that'll include 120-170 MWFs).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles