Race between Jf17 block 3 v Tejas mark1a,

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Same reason we're not using Tejas Navy, but offered if up for export. Because we've got other jets for ourselves to do what we need to do.

Kuch vi mat bol do..

It has got its strengths... atleast equal missiles, better cockpit than Tejas, much greater weapons variety. Have you researched?

This is the STR vs speed they divulged to DCS.View attachment 88177
Tejas would be like this (I suggested for the Mod)..View attachment 88176

So it definitely has its strong suites over Tejas here & there.
Jf 17 is over hyped in DCS all the data given by them is completely false and purely propaganda.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Jf 17 is over hyped in DCS all the data given by them is completely false and purely propaganda.
I don't think so.. It's famous for being shit.

Like there's even sort of a challenge I've seen YouTubers do where they let it get on their tail & then shake it off! It just may have very good turn-rate at a sweet speed of 350-400 knots (the graph agrees too). Because I've seen Jf-17 pilots in airshows accelerate a bit & than do some good moves until it becomes a potato... very different from Tejas.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Yes. RD-93 MA.

Composites added. reduction in weight. U guess.

Composite, yes. More than tejas. No.

Substandard? For a guy such a fan of sources, u urself didn't gave any.

No one is claiming, JF 17 block 3 is earth shattering but try keeping realistic look on everything. Its not as shitty as u claim.
@Bleh I understand u bro. I myself is quite lazy to compile all these long posts.
RD 93 MA was designed to give higher power but its life reduces to just 2200hours. There were news that Russia is going to stop even RD 83 to Pakistan. There is no news that RD 93 is sold to either China or Pakistan or even it is fully developed. If you have the information, please enlighten me.

Composites also are very minimal. No significant improvement.

When I asked that was there any Aerodynamic improvements, you said that composites are added. Do you mean that composites adds to Aerodynamic Improvements?

I didn't gave the information as it was not asked. Here is the information on KLJ 7. It gives a range of 170 KM against 5 Sq meter target while ELM 2052 has a range of 150 KM for 2 Sq meter target. For 5 Sq Meter target the range is 290 KM as per WIKI but it is atleast 240 km.

Moreover, ELM 2052 can engage many more target, It can engage aircraft and simultaneously continue search. KJL 7 is an air cooled radar and hence can not operate on peak power for a long time. There are many other limitations as well.

Reliability of Chinese planes is as much as China's commitment to human rights.

I hope I have answered your questions with reference now.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't think so.. It's famous for being shit.

Like there's even sort of a challenge I've seen YouTubers do what they let it on their tail & then shake it off! It may have good turn-rate at a sweet speed of 350-400 knots. Because I've seen Jf-17 pilots in airshows accelerate a bit & than do some good moves until it becomes a potato... very different from Tejas.
Another things which u should keep in mind before comparing that 3rd generation design with tejas.
Jf 17 is basically a pig on lipstick.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Another things which u should keep in mind before comparing that 3rd generation design with tejas.
It is a design rejected by Russians.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I was just pointing out the aspects where it's presently ahead of Tejas, which is quite a few... I think it started with a BVR comparison.

No need to slap that thread on me. I'm aware 😅

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Tejas can fly as slow as 80 NM. It has the software which recovers plane at 100 NM speed. It has auto pilot software which takes charge of plane if pilot looses control because. It is going to get OBOG. All design tweaks are made to minimize RCS without compromising aerodynamics. Software of Tejas identifies the problem and reports it. In fact, both planes are not comparable. But as it happens many times, every plane has its own fan following. however, it is unusual to have JF 17 fan following on IDF but its all right.

Ghost hale

Country flag
RD 93 MA was designed to give higher power but its life reduces to just 2200hours. There were news that Russia is going to stop even RD 83 to Pakistan. There is no news that RD 93 is sold to either China or Pakistan or even it is fully developed. If you have the information, please enlighten me.
Flying hours 2000 bumped to 3000 with RD 93 MA. Engine upgrade is being reported and we will know that once Aircraft goes to production or near. Schrodinger's cat.
Composites also are very minimal. No significant improvement.

When I asked that was there any Aerodynamic improvements, you said that composites are added. Do you mean that composites adds to Aerodynamic Improvements?
Composites can have lighter weight, better strength, more sustenance to heat etc. Aerodynamic performance can be impacted by all three other than design too. It won't be a F-22 but was answering on improvements.
I didn't gave the information as it was not asked. Here is the information on KLJ 7. It gives a range of 170 KM against 5 Sq meter target while ELM 2052 has a range of 150 KM for 2 Sq meter target. For 5 Sq Meter target the range is 290 KM as per WIKI but it is atleast 240 km.

Moreover, ELM 2052 can engage many more target, It can engage aircraft and simultaneously continue search. KJL 7 is an air cooled radar and hence can not operate on peak power for a long time. There are many other limitations as well.
Max range AAM tejas - Astra mk2 160KM.(in development)
Max range AAM JF 17- PL 15 250KM reduce it but it would be greater than 160.(developed)
Both have effective range much less. Astra should be 60-70 at max. PL 15 maybe a bit higher.
Radar range is helpful in missile guidance and enemy aircraft detection and a shot from 150 KM or 120 KM doesn't make much difference for all practical purposes.
Its always good to have better range radar to have first sight and better airspace planning. But its not end all be all.
Reliability of Chinese planes is as much as China's commitment to human rights.

I hope I have answered your questions with reference now.
U won't be throwing those comments to a fighter jet pilot. U will give them available info and these are data. U can have opinions but data speaks better.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Flying hours 2000 bumped to 3000 with RD 93 MA. Engine upgrade is being reported and we will know that once Aircraft goes to production or near. Schrodinger's cat.

Composites can have lighter weight, better strength, more sustenance to heat etc. Aerodynamic performance can be impacted by all three other than design too. It won't be a F-22 but was answering on improvements.

Max range AAM tejas - Astra mk2 160KM.(in development)
Max range AAM JF 17- PL 15 250KM reduce it but it would be greater than 160.(developed)
Both have effective range much less. Astra should be 60-70 at max. PL 15 maybe a bit higher.
Radar range is helpful in missile guidance and enemy aircraft detection and a shot from 150 KM or 120 KM doesn't make much difference for all practical purposes.
Its always good to have better range radar to have first sight and better airspace planning. But its not end all be all.

U won't be throwing those comments to a fighter jet pilot. U will give them available info and these are data. U can have opinions but data speaks better.
Lmao
Exclusive] 40% of Pakistan's frontline fighter jets docked for a variety of reasons.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Lmao
Exclusive] 40% of Pakistan's frontline fighter jets docked for a variety of reasons.
That's actually a baseless propaganda article. 😑 Porkchops replied with this word by word copy... https://www.globalvillagespace.com/over-60-of-made-in-india-iaf-tejas-grounded/

Ghost hale

Country flag
Lmao
Read that news. Its a very old news and misleading. On 2 bases 40% was the news.
AND FOR A FACT.... READ OLD POSTS BEFORE REPLYING
No one is saying JF 17 is best. We were discussing points where JF 17 currently have edge basically BVR missiles. Its really good for us to say Tejas is best but atleast we should have idea of what we are up against. One should never go in fight blindsided.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Read that news. Its a very old news and misleading. On 2 bases 40% was the news.
AND FOR A FACT.... READ OLD POSTS BEFORE REPLYING
No one is saying JF 17 is best. We were discussing points where JF 17 currently have edge basically BVR missiles. Its really good for us to say Tejas is best but atleast we should have idea of what we are up against. One should never go in fight blindsided.
Porkis only have some 134 jf 17 in its inventory and even if block 3 is added it will not mostly be less than 50 so jf 17 is just a band aid for porky air force it replaces some j7 that it.malyasians can look for quality of western engine avionics indian made missiles in tejas or the korean trainer cough fighter.or it can go for russian engine aluminium body chinese missile pakistani green paint jf17.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Porkis only have some 134 jf 17 in its inventory and even if block 3 is added it will not mostly be less than 50 so jf 17 is just a band aid for porky air force it replaces some j7 that it.malyasians can look for quality of western engine avionics indian made missiles in tejas or the korean trainer cough fighter.or it can go for russian engine aluminium body chinese missile pakistani green paint jf17.
If it is regarding Malaysian LCA competion, I don't really care for it. I have zero faith as of now on malaysia if they can even afford it.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Defence decode said it right life time of Russian engine's are way lower than they seems to appear on paper so RD 93MA has around 2000-2500 lower than what's on paper and do they have sufficient engine to replace .
Nothing confirmed. Not even engine upgrade. Info is quite sparse as expected with chinese aircrafts.

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That's literally what they're doing on LSP-8.. 🤨
With all due respect a LSP is still LSP. Can any one confirm that there won't be any structural changes in LSP and upcoming MK1A.
If not then why they need 3 year time for development ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles