Quiz: How much do you know about the Chinese economy?

cir

My two cents:

2012 per capita GDP: $6400.

2013: $7300; 2014: $8400; 2015: $9700-10000.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
China sucks compared to Japan, Singapore or Hongkong, even South Korea and Taiwan are superior.

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Strange quiz:

How much did China contribute to global GDP last year?
Does global GDP mean anything?
Which of these is China's largest trading partner?
Answers to select from are 3 separate countries and Europe. Just stupid.

Urbanization is a major engine of growth. What percentage of China's 1.3 billion people live in cities?
Question should be how many Chinese cities have population of zero?

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Strange quiz:

Does global GDP mean anything?

Answers to select from are 3 separate countries and Europe. Just stupid.

Question should be how many Chinese cities have population of zero?
Mathematical sum of every country's GDP I assme.
Well, standard testing, heheh, LA 's editor grew up with it.
I don't understand your last question, are you suggesting Ordos the construction booming ghost town?
updated news it is populated now. China now considers township a city, the notion is more like a US town not a metropolitan.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Mathematical sum of every country's GDP I assume.
Well, standard testing, heheh, LA 's editor grew up with it.
I don't understand your last question, are you suggesting Ordos the construction booming ghost town?
updated news it is populated now. China now considers township a city, the notion is more like a US town not a metropolitan.
There is more than one of those "empty cities, is there not?

BBC News - China's ghost towns and phantom malls

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All I know is that the Chinese claim that it is so rocking that there is no tomorrow for them!

G90

In terms of industry output, China now produce roughly 50% of the world entire heavy industrial outputs, and they retail markets size is also the world highest, roughly 2X or more than that of the second largest, the US.

China today is very comparable the US before WW2, whilst US today is quite comparable to the some european powers before WW2: China enjoy a huge advantage in raw industrial and economy power (vastly underestimated due to currency distortation through), whilst the US enjoy a head-start in terms of international political influences and military power,and spend alot of more on maintain their war machines ( The US spend 30% of their state income on military now, just like the European powers did before WW2, whilst China spend only 7-8% of their state income on military, just like the ratio US spent before WW2).

When China start to build a world-dominating military power, it wont take long before the US realize there is no chance for them to win, kind of any european countries were hopeless against US in WW2 when both ecomonies turn into war-like mode.

G90

Actually China welcome an all-out arms race with the US now, since it will help China whilst hurt the US, the arms race will be much short-lived than the last one between US and Soviets since the advantage China enjoys over the US is much larger than the advantage the US enjoyed over Soviet.

Thats why you can see China now like to disclose their weapon projects much eariler than a country like China usually did, whilst the US media always try to dismiss Chinese newly developed weapon system, unlike last time when they love to hype-up any Soviet weapons.

Because both teams know who will win this round, so one is willing to start an arms race, whilst the other team hate that idea.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I got a 42% on the quiz.

badguy2000

Respected Member
In terms of industry output, China now produce roughly 50% of the world entire heavy industrial outputs, and they retail markets size is also the world highest, roughly 2X or more than that of the second largest, the US..
from steel, concrete,household appliance,textile,toys,ships to chips, Chinese produce roughly 50% of world entrie industry output.

s002wjh

Country flag
There is more than one of those "empty cities, is there not?

BBC News - China's ghost towns and phantom malls
thats when they just finish building it, and its not a separate town, more like extension/outskirt of another city . alot ppl move in after few years. china don't let empty town go wasted. I know people went to the so call ghost town.... its far from empty.

what happen is these report are often reported right after the area been build, but it take time for people to move in. most chinas real estate build housing after they receive payment from buyer.

AprilLyrics

thats when they just finish building it, and its not a separate town, more like extension/outskirt of another city . alot ppl move in after few years. china don't let empty town go wasted. I know people went to the so call ghost town.... its far from empty.

what happen is these report are often reported right after the area been build, but it take time for people to move in. most chinas real estate build housing after they receive payment from buyer.
i think your last sentence hit the very point....
remind me of a story about American grandma and Chinese grandma

Global Defence

New threads

Articles