Quick Reaction Missile to be developed by BDL and DRDO

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Difference is in mode of operation and deployment.

Akash is more of a area defence system and is deployed around strategic targets like airfield. IAF is the primary user of Akash.

QRSAM on other hand is a point defence system and it would be a part of mechanized or even infantry division. It would be part of a division on move and hence needs to be fired on move literally. Thus came the name QRSAM.
Akash can intercept the enemy plane at 20 Km altitude. I do not know about QR SAM but it may be lot less than that.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Akash can intercept the enemy plane at 20 Km altitude. I do not know about QR SAM but it may be lot less than that.
QRSAM is meant to protect against low flying targets like helicopters, UAS and to an extent CMs.

Akash is meant to protect against all of the above and much more as it is a static area defence weapon so much be able to target all airborne targets in the AOR

uoftotaku

Country flag
QRSAM has an engagement range of 25km and a ceiling of 10km and is being developed for deployment in mobile mechanized formations

Akash has an engagement range of 25km and a ceiling of 20km and is meant for static air defense of critical facilities to replace current SA-3 systems in place

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I'm wondering whether Maitri missile program with France is still alive or it even needs to be.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles