Quick Reaction Missile to be developed by BDL and DRDO

zala09

What means.. Quick react... SAM???

What is different between.. genuine SAM and QR SAM?

It can fire in just few seconds??
Like US RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) or Sea Sparrow ??

I think this is Quickly react short to medium range in SAM system..

Hope India Finds something new.. and 100% Result

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Though "idhar udhar se design mar moor ke kuch toh banaya" was .
This is 100 percent correct.
I having a heated debate with fellow Indians who know shi* about how industry works. All theoretical knowledge!

I think this is Quickly react short to medium range in SAM system..

Hope India Finds something new.. and 100% Result
It means processing time to launch it will be few 10 -12 seconds.

NeXoft007

Country flag
I having a heated debate with fellow Indians who know shi* about how industry works. All theoretical knowledge!

It means processing time to launch it will be few 10 -12 seconds.
QR-SAM means it should launch in around 5 seconds or less.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
QR-SAM means it should launch in around 5 seconds or less.
No we don't have that capability.

That's why I said, jaan chooti idhar udhar se maar moor ke just to impress the political class and save their position they developed it.

Our military is not wrong that they go for foreign stuff. t's all about a life of soldiers...

NeXoft007

Country flag
No we don't have that capability.

That's why I said, jaan chooti idhar udhar se maar moor ke just to impress the political class and save their position they developed it.

Our military is not wrong that they go for foreign stuff. t's all about a life of soldiers...
Naah.. It doesn't qualifies to be a Quick Reaction SAM if its not launched within 5 seconds once the threat is identified.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Naah.. It doesn't qualifies to be a Quick Reaction SAM if its not launched within 5 seconds once the threat is identified.
they haven't tested the radar and I am 200% sure the radar is still under development. which is the main equipment.

AnantS

Country flag
they haven't tested the radar and I am 200% sure the radar is still under development. which is the main equipment.
Nope. I think seeker will be another version of the seeker used for ASTRA. Afterall QRSAM's father is ASTRA.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Kindly refer to a particular system in QRSAM which stands true for the allegation of your's justifying the disgraceful remark and is much greater than USA stealing swept wing design and turbojet technology from laboratories of defeated third Reich.

Speaking of the industry. Yes people learn from each other, take inspirations from other's work. And sometimes even lift other's ideas. So what? It's what all are doing and if DRDO also does that then who cares? All DRDO needs to do is to design and develop systems that get the job done........But does that make it disgraceful as your comment was making it sound? NO! Not even close! On the contrary, it's a moment of pride.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
It's just a nomenclature. Don't mince it too much. Basically, all SAMs with fully active guided interceptors functions the same way. However in this case mobility and deployment time are the differences. Meaning QRSAM is build to be deployed and make active at short notice. Thereby providing SAM cover to highly mobile units of Army like armoured strike columns which are expected to move into enemy territory at short notice in support of a particular doctrine (call it cold start).

Weight of the systems hence mobility.

Reaction time of almost all class of SAMs are same when kept in active mode.

Purpose is same with the difference of launcher.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
So which radar they used yesterday as FCR to lock on the target and guide interceptor towards it?

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Nope. I think seeker will be another version of the seeker used for ASTRA. Afterall QRSAM's father is ASTRA.
Seeker from RCI is still some years away. DRDO may not delay this project for it because it is supposed to be a fast-track project. In all likelihood interceptor of QRSAM will use same AGAT seeker that is there in Astra MK-1, atleast in the first block.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
but what difference a seeker would make? I believe it will be a the same seeker but programmed differently

scatterStorm

Country flag
The following observations I would like to make on QRSAM:

1. Look like it's a point defense standoff SAM.
2. Are we making a "Cascading layer of defense" because, next in the line is MRSAM and LRSAM?
3. I believe it's a good counter to NASIR, when our armored columns and ground troops advance in Paki land.

Also, can somebody tell me about our BMD progress?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
3. I believe it's a good counter to NASIR, when our armored columns and ground troops advance in Paki land.
You would not want to blow is tactical n-tipped rocket over your head. 25 kms interception range(slant) means shooting down a target which is in visual range. Though it will definitely minimise damage if an attack is imminent.

Best counter for NASAR is intelligence plus Prahar.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
It's what all are doing and if DRDO also does that then who cares? All DRDO needs to do is to design and develop systems that get the job done........But does that make it disgraceful as your comment was making it sound? NO! Not even close! On the contrary, it's a moment of pride.
yes and then run to isarel and france because you don't have tools to produce those platforms where a technology can be developed. Because those tools are itself a part of development which comes from research.

On the contrary, it's a moment of pride.
I don't believe in false pride. Let them have the radar developed first. Not the seeker I meant. Because know the main component here is the tracker and ranging radar and firing system not the hawai rocket.

So which radar they used yesterday as FCR to lock on the target and guide interceptor towards it?
ASTRA's

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
yes and then run to isarel and france because you don't have tools to produce those platforms where a technology can be developed. Because those tools are itself a part of development which comes from research.
So you are saying BDL does not have any tool to produce QRSAM systems despite getting prepared to produce Astra MK-1 and NGARM? And going to Isreal or France for some special tools (because you can't source them indigenously yet) is some insult? Wonder how many countries and their companies don't import manufacturing tools from Germany and Sweden. And how many of these nations produce a weapon which is 100% indigenous.

Anyway, carry on with you rhetorical bashing of DRDO. Not interested anymore.

AnantS

Country flag
I don't believe in false pride. Let them have the radar developed first. Not the seeker I meant. Because know the main component here is the tracker and ranging radar and firing system not the hawai rocket.
Whats wrong with 3D-CAR(Rohini/Revathi) radar? Wont they be used with QRSAM?

AnantS

Country flag
Seeker from RCI is still some years away. DRDO may not delay this project for it because it is supposed to be a fast-track project. In all likelihood interceptor of QRSAM will use same AGAT seeker that is there in Astra MK-1, atleast in the first block.
The article mentioned next test (for QRSAM) would be with indigenous seeker.

A home-grown seeker would also get on-board the missile for the subsequent launches.

This Article states indigenous seeker(for astra) already cleared trials .

So I think we would see test with indigenous seeker pretty soon.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles