Questioning Current Indian Inter-Personal Culture

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
We are discussing all these things on a forum, but the practical difficulties need to be appreciated. India has 1300 million people. Out of all these, there is one small village in Karnataka whose residents speak Sanskrit. Reviving Sanskrit, getting mass support for the idea, making it popular in daily usage, waiting a couple of generations for the usage to become popular - this is no mean feat.

And after all this, the task of translation can begin.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Now talking quickly about 'monogamy' & societal degeneracy. If you notice it is directly correlated.

Why? Naturally 80% of women will go for the top 20%. When you forcefully redistribute them down, well the other side of coin has to be balanced.
--
Notice even after 47 no real social problems came until one generation after polygamy ban i.e 55-75.

Why? you had first actual 'degenerate' generation, those born from males who should never have reproduced.
--
Ultimately female hypergamy, is one of the strongest forces influencing society. Unless you address it properly, you'll never have stable society as we did for millenia if not crores of years.

punjab47

Banned
Also, Mata Gujri Ji gave new names to Guru Sahib's wives. Yet, today in name of Jesus (women's rights) they tell girls to keep both names same!

punjab47

Banned
Also why the mention of 'morality' which is an absolute? I.e murder is always wrong, not within limits.

Just a slow way to suicide while chanting hymns to the demon jewsus.

We have Dharam, a complete ever expanding system.

punjab47

Banned
Also what with this, don't call them '******s'

http://m.digitaljournal.com/article/268485

It's funny how Indian christians have absorbed liberalism without thinking.

Someone who's lived 20+ years around these people, must be insane & wrong.

Msm must be right,

They've never had population density to form 'civilization' right.
So in the 1000s year leadup to that when their population increases 40x in 200 years, you want to invite them in.

I don't want ******s in India, neither should any sane person.

That's all I really think or care or about them, concerned with my own first..

In real world, so is everyone else.

Except chaddiwalas & their liberal counterparts. .

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
All right, let's talk about the usage of English amidst Indian languages.

As with anything, one needs to go to the root of things to find the real problem. I would like to know the translations of the following English words into Hindi or Kannada or any other Indian language:

Thermodynamics, Quantum foam, 8-pin CPU bus, Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP), genetic engineering, transverse waves, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), balanced polymorphism, NAT (Network Address Translator), automated clearing house, benthic zone, Visa payment processor

Do you get my drift? The modern world runs on English, and the words we use in our workplaces on a daily basis are ALL in English, with no translation in any local language. Will you spend the time and money to translate all the world's scientific and engineering and biological texts into all Indian languages so that people read, understand and think in those languages instead of English?

At the end of the day, it boils down to the same thing. The nations and cultures which drive technology and finance in the modern day, will also drive their language and cultural exports. Till India begins to drive finance and technology in the world, we can keep cribbing and ranting, we only make a laughing stock of ourselves.
Science & Tech etc is one thing. But English is used in day-to-day life also in India, right?
In addition to the reason you gave, I think there are two other reasons which are more close to the matter:
1. Just like mughal invasions/occupation created urdu,hindi etc from hindustani, English has left its own unique mark due to british occupation.
2. India is a country of many nations. Hence English came to be used as a language of inter-communication where hindi isn't used, which includes large parts of india.

Lets look at 4 other non-western countries which are nominally comparable to india: China, Russia (not entirely western and not eastern either), & Brazil, South Africa (BRICS)
For reference it is estmated that >125M people can speak english in india, which is greater than 10% of population.
In China around 10M speakers of English which is less than 1% of china;s pop.
In Russia around 7M speakers which is about 5% of russian pop.
Brazil less than 5%.
SA around 30%.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population ; https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1a429cDOixqWnlO0D0Z2uOYexqUjPLvgXVyz3HT4)
So where there has not been Anglo-Saxon occupation, English speakers are very less.

Also in EU there are a lot of Englsih speakers. I think this is because their "leaders" ie EU "leaders" have accepted english, so as to let it act as a language of inter-commnication & unification for the EU.

Yes, I agree with the you the poorer the country the more likely it is to have a larger %age of english speakers. But the above two factors are also important reasons, I feel.

punjab47

Banned
The Parsis are dying out. This people of western India, originally from Iran and famous for their role in trade, science, and industry, may disappear by mid-century, having already fallen from 114,890 in 1941 to 69,001 in 2011. Deaths outnumber births by a ratio of almost three to one.

What has caused this calamity? War? Disease? Natural disaster?

None of the above. There just aren’t enough babies. By 1980-82 the Parsi fertility rate had slumped to 1.12 children per woman—a seemingly rock-bottom figure. By 2001 it was 0.89. Today, very few women are of reproductive age. Only one family out of nine has a child below the age of 10

http://www.unz.com/pfrost/a-faustian-bargain/

They are our 'cousins' we should join them in embracing economic growth with no cultural basis. After all, this sounds 'cool'

One reason is a steady ratcheting upward of what it means to be “ready for marriage.” For today’s Parsi, you’re “ready” when you have a university degree, hold a good, stable job, and can buy a home of your own. That means being in your 30s, when fertility is already declining
--
I am babu, I work for goras & Gdp will set me free!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles