QUAD; The Concert of Democracies for Trade, Security & Diplomacy

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Now its Australia's turn

They first rejected the Nuclear Propulsion option on their Collins Class replacement. Then ordered 12 submarines of an SSN type converted to an SSK (Shortfin Barracuda), and now want to ask Papa Sam for Nuke Sub technology. Why not ask the French for it? I mean I know sale of Nuke subs is forbidden but it wouldn't technically qualify as a sale if the French "Assisted" the Australians in integrating Nuke propulsion into a Shortfin Barracuda.
BTW, do Australians have the monies for this kind of spending? Weren't they considering their Collins class replacement to be too pricey?

Jimih

Country flag
They first rejected the Nuclear Propulsion option on their Collins Class replacement. Then ordered 12 submarines of an SSN type converted to an SSK (Shortfin Barracuda), and now want to ask Papa Sam for Nuke Sub technology. Why not ask the French for it? I mean I know sale of Nuke subs is forbidden but it wouldn't technically qualify as a sale if the French "Assisted" the Australians in integrating Nuke propulsion into a Shortfin Barracuda.
BTW, do Australians have the monies for this kind of spending? Weren't they considering their Collins class replacement to be too pricey?
Australia, US and UK are expected to re-orient their submarine and warship fleets to counter China's increasing regional presence.

The new three-nation security pact called 'AUKUS' will be a bid to counter China's growing regional influence, especially in the contested South China Sea.

Australia will use US and British technology to configure its next submarine fleet in a bid to replace its existing Collins class subs.

But Australia's embrace of nuclear-powered submarines will have its own political and technological challenges, given there is no domestic nuclear industry.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Australia, US and UK are expected to re-orient their submarine and warship fleets to counter China's increasing regional presence.

The new three-nation security pact called 'AUKUS' will be a bid to counter China's growing regional influence, especially in the contested South China Sea.

Australia will use US and British technology to configure its next submarine fleet in a bid to replace its existing Collins class subs.

But Australia's embrace of nuclear-powered submarines will have its own political and technological challenges, given there is no domestic nuclear industry.
I still think that AUKUS (the white bros) and In-Jap (Asian bros) should be separate groups with alliances and not the QUAD, unless the roles of each country is properly defined here. To me, the US and Australia continue to be suspect as both sit far away from China separated by vast oceans. So, how committed will they be actually?
India and Japan are right next door and face heavy issues.
the other issue is india is a lower middle income country while the rest are super upper income. The way they make their money spending decisions is going to be very different from ours. so, will the QUAD actually work?

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

How about Second hand Virginia class submarine.. Maybe introduce a new bill in Congress..

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I still think that AUKUS (the white bros) and In-Jap (Asian bros) should be separate groups with alliances and not the QUAD, unless the roles of each country is properly defined here. To me, the US and Australia continue to be suspect as both sit far away from China separated by vast oceans. So, how committed will they be actually?
India and Japan are right next door and face heavy issues.
the other issue is india is a lower middle income country while the rest are super upper income. The way they make their money spending decisions is going to be very different from ours. so, will the QUAD actually work?
I guess.. ultimate dream of US is to station a couple of Indian brigades in Taiwan ( along with US and Japanese soldiers) to try and thwart successful landings long enough.. for allied navies to react..

HawkisRight

Country flag
Australian nuclear subs will be banned from New Zealand waters: Jacinda Ardern

But how will kiwis find out submarine if Aussies don't tell them:bplease:

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Australian nuclear subs will be banned from New Zealand waters: Jacinda Ardern

But how will kiwis find out submarine if Aussies don't tell them:bplease:
True that, it's like saying we would not allow migratory birds in our country .
We have SAMs and airforce to stop fighter aircrafts , how will you stop birds

Similarly how will you stop submarines.

Covfefe

Country flag
Then that would be single vendor situation. Considering the fact that the french guys are deeply hurt we can get a better deal + it will be helpful for our ssn design. We also need to go for pumpjet propulsion for our SSNs not the propeller one. france will be the only country who might be willing to share that tech.
Yeah, we wish. But when has India missed an opportunity to not miss an opportunity? Mirage 2k, C17, Embraer.
Waiting for the next border flare-up to expedite the clearance of Project 75i

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles