QBZ-95 vs INSAS

shiphone

Country flag
Part 4 ... disassembled Type97 NSR and components....continued

shiphone

Country flag
Part 4 ... disassembled Type97 NSR and components....continued

cleaning and maintaining accessory and the fully dismantled rifile...

shiphone

Country flag
as we can see, basicly QBZ95 Rifile is well designed for easy and quick dismantling and installation.And it is a common feature for most of China's small arms system and it has been some kind of designing philosophy roots into every designers...

two advantages are obvious:

1. Daily cleaning and maintaining job becomes very easy...
2. in a combat, some broken Rifiles and LMGs(QBB95 LMG) could easily share and change the parts to re-function...Soldiers can assemble some weapon with the remaining working parts quickly...

another clip about the dismantling and installation ...

[video=youtube_share;F7XzNiyehNQ]http://youtu.be/F7XzNiyehNQ[/video]

but proper and effective training is also important , the following is the one of standard trainging assists.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
oops....some posts were deleted, we lost a page and my images 'flooded' posts came back to the Page3, which might bring some trouble for those with old computer or poor bandwidth....sorry about that...

-------------------------

INSAS with Carrying Handle and Optical Instrument mounted on it:
there is something interesting on the first page which reminds me something similar on the QBZ95 uesd by some SWAT team of police..

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
in an early post , I introduced one Mag change method.

a clip to demonstrate the quick Mag Change method. also know as ' single-hand Mag Changing' method

'single-hand' means ,as you can see, soldier releases the empty Mag , plugs in the new one and reloads with the 'left hand' only...the following video demonstrates another STANDARD method with both hands and hand changing in process...I do suggest those Type97 5.56mm players to have a look at this ,it might help to improve the T97's 'bad reputation' of Mag changing

[video=youtube_share;bgRL5JN2r7I]http://youtu.be/bgRL5JN2r7I[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@shiphone, Regardless your previous posts, you were unable to answer the points i raised ..

========================
========================

The picture of INSAS you quoted was a late 90s development by an Independent research by an Army Col, Out of his own pocket, Was based on previous version of US land warrior program, Similar program were initiated latter of similar concept, Wire or wireless ..

US land warrior program, wired

French Program, Wired

Russian program, With wireless

Turkish program, Wired

Italian Program, Wired
----------------------

Comparable tech developed in that ERA by Chinese looks like this >>

Chinese program, Wired
There is a dedicated thread > http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...r-shot-non-line-sight-infantry-weapons-9.html

oops....some posts were deleted, we lost a page and my images 'flooded' posts came back to the Page3, which might bring some trouble for those with old computer or poor bandwidth....sorry about that...
-------------------------

there is something interesting on the first page which reminds me something similar on the QBZ95 developed for the SWAT team of police..

shiphone

Country flag
as I claimed ,that was used by some Police 's SWAT team.. besides the Corner Shot / Non Line of sight , the other important function might be:

1.Photographic evidence
2.Real time image transmission to the high rank officer hehind the line at the Commanding post for commanding and decision-making(we could see this in many movies)

as I said ,it's just 'similar' not the same.....I would say that's for public security and CT operations.

Pay attention to the display terminal in the last page..

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
@shiphone, Regardless your previous posts, you were unable to answer the points i raised ..
what's your points?

1. QBZ95 's bad iron sight ?---I think it's quite clear now.

...(a).you quoted the wrong pic of Type81-1
...(b).at least some Indian in Canada owning the T97 with his own experiece has corrected you.and further more, many T97 player has no problem with this Iron sight it self...

2. the so called 'heavy recoil'? --- obviously this is another baseless claim. I don't know where you get that...

3. the high 'line of sight' and Cheek rest issue?,yes ,this is the problem of QBZ95 (Type97 as well).but this just happend in Optical sights mounted cases...

....(a) the rifile was designed in early 1990's , at that time the optical sights were not as popular as today...the iron sight is primary sight method
....(b) PLA Army is the largest Army with the largest Infantry units ...I don't think we could afford too many modern Optical sights for the whole army
....(c) we don't think QBZ95 has much difference with other Rifiles(FAMAS, M16 none-flattop version) on these issues...
....(d) no change or any improvement on this issue so far? no ...just wait please, I would explain later

-----------------------------
two clips of video to expose some strange statement about so called ' heavy recoil' issue....

shooting on the move excercise------------some SF unit from the Army
[video=youtube_share;MW1mRU9t6rk]http://youtu.be/MW1mRU9t6rk[/video]

some PLA Marine unit

[video=youtube_share;wHCMHSRbzi4]http://youtu.be/wHCMHSRbzi4[/video]

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You will remain a stubborn military illiterate ..

By posting some reviews by civilians on an export version of Type-95 rifle, You haven't proved much ..

Don't expect to understand military firearms by Internet reviews, you are not the user ..

And comparing them with Famas and M-16 top ups, Does not qualify that Rifle either ..

Lets start about the points you noted, And compare to our INSAS 1B1 ..

===============>>

INSAS 1B1 Iron Sights >

Benefits >

1. Large leaf sights, Are easy to flip and grasp in slipper hands, Specially when in mud or water ..
2. Duel flip up leaf sights, For long and medium ranges ..
3. Sights are alined with butt stock, This gives clear line of sight regardless of placing of cheek bone of the user over the butt stock, Flexible under combat conditions ..

------------------

QBZ-95 iron sight, Design flaw >

Flaws >

1. Smaller leaf sights, Harder to flip in slippery hands,
2. Duel flip up sights ?
3. Sights are placed over +5cms from the base of butt stock, It needs a proper height of the eye to aline both rear and front sights, This increase reaction time under combat stress ..

================>>

Recoil >>

INSAS LMG at full auto, In sitting position ..
============== =>>

Cheek Rest >>

For your defense, I would give QBZ-95 +1 as its based on AK, Just like our INSAS, FAMAS is a bad design bullpup mainly coz of the same cheek bone rest issue ..

M16 is not a bullpup, The firing mech is not at butt, Its not same with QBZ-95 or Famas where user cheek feels the shake of the firing mechanism, Its harder to concentrate specially >

1. Over those tiny sight provided in your qbz ..
2. QBZ design is much influenced by AK which gives a bigger recoil compare to those of Famas ..
3. And that too the sights placed over a +5cm high top up ..

Under continual usage, The user will have issues with alining his eye with both sights ..

============================

Get both QBZ and M16, try out at some firing range in US ..

To get the feeling what i am saying ..

what's your points?

1. QBZ95 's bad iron sight ?---I think it's quite clear now.

...(a).you quoted the wrong pic of Type81-1
...(b).at least some Indian in Canada owning the T97 with his own experiece has corrected you.and further more, many T97 player has no problem with this Iron sight it self...

2. the so called 'heavy recoil'? --- obviously this is another baseless claim. I don't know where you get that...

3. the high 'line of sight' and Cheek rest issue?,yes ,this is the problem of QBZ95 (Type97 as well).but this just happend in Optical sights mounted cases...

....(a) the rifile was designed in early 1990's , at that time the optical sights were not as popular as today...the iron sight is primary sight method
....(b) PLA Army is the largest Army with the largest Infantry units ...I don't think we could afford too many modern Optical sights for the whole army
....(c) we don't think QBZ95 has much difference with other Rifiles(FAMAS, M16 none-flattop version) on these issues...
....(d) no change or any improvement on this issue so far? no ...just wait please, I would explain later

-----------------------------
two clips of video to expose some strange statement about so called ' heavy recoil' issue....

some PLA Marine unit

[video=youtube_share;wHCMHSRbzi4]http://youtu.be/wHCMHSRbzi4[/video]

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I would expect better from you, Its better not to avoid questions and counter the points i raised ..

shiphone

Country flag
LOL... another vivid example here... that's why loser will always be the loser...

playing the double standard games and without enough courage and tolerance to face the Ugly truth, no one or nation could go far except being struggled in the endless 'Blaming games' all the time...

------------------------------------------------------
Get both QBZ and M16, try out at some firing range in US ..

To get the feeling what i am saying ..
Australian Army Skills at Arms Meeting 2013 http://www.army.gov.au/Army-life/Sport-and-recreation/AASAM

in the ranges ,QBZ95-1 has competed with many rifiles--M4 ,M16, F88(Aug A1 and other varients),FAMAS, L85 and could win some golden medals. and where is the other?
remember, it's an international games with the single standard...it would be much Convincing than the those Blah,blah in front of Screens...

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
Australian Army Skills at Arms Meeting 2013

weapon swapping experience... QBZ95-1 in others' hands...

---------------------------------
Three Rifle shooting competition Champion from PLA team

Rifile 450m Precision shooting
--于建强

Riflle close range shooting---周栋

Rifile Running Target Shooting
--张涛

PLA team makes a fine figure in AASAM

(China Military Online)
08:27, May 21, 2013

BEIJING, May 20, (ChinaMil) -- As the Australian Army Skill At Arms Meeting (AASAM) concluded on May 17, 2013, the shooting team of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA), made up by the officers and men from the Beijing Military Area Command (MAC) of the PLA, bravely won three gold medals and three bronze medals in the sniper contests and gained the title of the "Champion Sniper Team", scoring the first among all competition teams.

In the matches of military rifles, machine guns and light-arm pistols, the PLA team collected 7 gold medals, 7 silver medals, and 20 bronze medals, ranking the third among all competition teams in winning the most championships and medals.

More than 340 competitors in 20 teams from 17 countries, including China, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and others, participated in the 37 international competition events in this year's AASAM. This was the first time for the PLA to organize a team for the AASAM, with 14 team members joining 35 events.

During the intense competitions among the competitors from all the participating countries, the individual comprehensive results of all the 14 PLA competitors were listed among the leading 20, which showcased the toughly-tempered comprehensive quality of Chinese PLA servicemen.

After the competitions, Angus Bell, chairman of the AASAM organization committee, sent a letter to the Ministry of National Defense (MND) of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and praised that Chinese soldiers showed not only exceedingly high standards of professional marksmanship but also high morale, deserving to be the model for all the teams of all the participating countries.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Winning competition does not prove best rifles but best men and their skill, AUG, M4/M16 all have there limitations, I would love to talk but the topic above is not so, The same person with QBZ-95 can do the same with a bolt action 3o3 ..

Your problem is that you cannot take criticism about your country nor about your country products, You are running high on National pride and low on logic, Your fear let you being protective hence lots of LOL, And its the fear let you down ..

I was being nice to you for brief as you sound logic, The moment you lose it, You lose your credibility ..

Broccoli

Chinese "ZH-05" project is not dead. OICW type weapon system based around QBZ-03.

t_co

Kunal, I'm still not sure how you've proven the QBZ-95 and its later variants have demonstrably worse recoil than the INSAS. Can you put up some diagrams or figures to back up your claims?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Love to see the result of his shooting on move from iron sight but the video dont show it, camera just stop.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I cannot find any cutway diagram of QBZ-95 nor INSAS over Web, If had would explain ..

In theory, i have already explain ..

===========

Will add little more, Being bullpup QBZ-95 recoil is absorbed directly over shoulders, And as QBZ based on AK, The vibration and recoil is more than any AR-15, Being bullpup also meant this rifle gives its operator a good amount of disturbance while aiming as the cheek is right over the firing mechanism ..

This is not the case with traditional designs, I will also add that TAR-21 is also a bullpup but does not have issues like in FAMAS or QBZ-95 ..

Kunal, I'm still not sure how you've proven the QBZ-95 and its later variants have demonstrably worse recoil than the INSAS. Can you put up some diagrams or figures to back up your claims?

t_co

I cannot find any cutway diagram of QBZ-95 nor INSAS over Web, If had would explain ..

In theory, i have already explain ..

===========

Will add little more, Being bullpup QBZ-95 recoil is absorbed directly over shoulders, And as QBZ based on AK, The vibration and recoil is more than any AR-15, Being bullpup also meant this rifle gives its operator a good amount of disturbance while aiming as the cheek is right over the firing mechanism ..

This is not the case with traditional designs, I will also add that TAR-21 is also a bullpup but does not have issues like in FAMAS or QBZ-95 ..
Got it. It seems to be an intentional design tradeoff; I am fairly certain the short-stroke gas piston of the QBZ/AK/INSAS/Galil/G-36 is much more reliable than a direct impingement system a la AR-15/M-16/M-4.

How does the TAR-21 avoid the recoil issues?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles