Qatar to host $1mln Pakistan Super League, says PCB

Blackwater

LAHORE: The twice-postponed Pakistan Super League (PSL) will finally be ready for take off in Doha, Qatar, next year, former chairman Najam Sethi announced on Wednesday.

The event is scheduled for February and will feature around 25 foreign players.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had planned a Super Twenty20 league in 2013 but had to postpone it twice -- in 2014 and 2015 -- over a lack of response from sponsors and logistics problems.

Sethi, the head of PCB's Executive Committee, announced the PSL will be held from 4-24 February next year.

“The PSL will be held in Doha from February 4-24 with a prize money of one million dollars (100 million rupees) and we are getting encouraging responses from sponsors and foreign players,” said Sethi.

The idea behind staging the league was to give Pakistani players a chance to compete with and against top foreign players, something which the national players do not get as international cricket has been suspended in the country since 2009.

Pakistan was a no go area for international teams since terrorists' attacks on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore in March 2009.

This was partially overcome with a short limited-over series against Zimbabwe in May-June this year.

“We are in talks with 40 foreign players and we expect some 25 to sign for the league and out of these 15 will be world class players,” Sethi said of the planned league.

Four West Indians and two players each from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa were amongst the targeted names, he said.

Sethi added that no player from India was on the PSL target list as the Board of Control for Cricket in India does not allow its players to feature in a foreign league.

Pakistan was forced to shift the League to Doha after grounds in the United Arab Emirates -- where Pakistan have played all their home cricket since 2009 -- were booked for a private league in January-February 2016.

Source: Dawn

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
If it's in Qatar then..... it SHOULD be Qatar Super League.

If it's in Pakistan then..... it SHOULD be Terrorist Super League.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Ought to fail due to corruption and fixing

Blackwater

BCCI should banned this paki super league:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

they dont deserve

blue marlin

Again pakis managed to fool arabs in the name of islam and competition against hindu kufur IPL:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

@blue marlin

@Neo

@musalman

@Zarvan
no thats india's job. modi went the the uae and started going on about how many muslims are they and how there are important in india. someone forgot to tell him that 94% of muslims are in poverty.

i hope he does not come to the UK and take a selfie with the queen, if so then that will be interesting.
939463-modiselfie-1439793158-359-640x480.gif.png

you may kiss the bride. ohh wait i though modi was married?
CMtWCsmU8AAZunA.jpg

Reactions: Neo

Blackwater

no thats india's job. modi went the the uae and started going on about how many muslims are they and how there are important in india. someone forgot to tell him that 94% of muslims are in poverty.

i hope he does not come to the UK and take a selfie with the queen, if so then that will be interesting.
View attachment 5788

View attachment 5789
what better comment we can expect from a gay paki mindset ohh i mean great paki mindset:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
BCCI could arm-twist players during ICL, saying that "if you play in ICL, you won't play in the IPL." I'm sure they'll play that card again, and before you know it, this league will be a flop.

Blackwater

and what is it, if it is in india?

IPL Indian premier league

dont u get TV in ur local madrasa:hehe::hehe::hehe:

BTW , as usual u shy away from main topic.

what will QATAR get from this PPL cricket??? apart from supporting poor pakis against kufur hindus:biggrin2:

Blackwater

View attachment 5788

that is difference between Trade above and Aid below

jhuki jhuki si nazar of pak leaders:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

blue marlin

what will QATAR get from this PPL cricket??? apart from supporting poor pakis against kufur hindus:biggrin2:
Qatar will be hosting many international matches and can make Qatar a perspective destination for many other non Pakistani related matches too. it will increase revenue in the stadium and a boost to the local economy as visitors will need hotels and servicing example food, cloths and airline tickets.

blue marlin

i have a tv at home nothing to worry about.

Blackwater

Qatar will be hosting many international matches and can make Qatar a perspective destination for many other non Pakistani related matches too. it will increase revenue in the stadium and a boost to the local economy as visitors will need hotels and servicing example food, cloths and airline tickets.

R u serious ???rich country like Qatar economy does not depend on third class matches of PPL.

more over as footballl world cup coming up they dont want to spoil their stadium and infrastructure with napak PPL

Blackwater

View attachment 5788

View attachment 5789

:):):):):):):):lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

censored that clip where he said UAE and saudi helped pakis for smuggling nukes:rofl::rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles