Qatar to become first AMRAAM-ER user

arya

Country flag
Raytheon will carry out the final certification of the Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile-Extended Range (AMRAAM-ER) for Qatar, making it the first country to procure the new missile, the US company announced on 10 July.

It was providing more detail on an announcement made the previous day when Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Qatar’s emir, visited the White House. A joint statement listed the Qatari Ministry of Defence’s “commitment to acquire Raytheon’s NASAM and Patriot systems” as one of several transactions that had been discussed.

Raytheon said AMRAAM-ER certification was part of two direct commercial sales worth USD2.2 billion that also included the National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS) and an “unspecified quantity of additional.

Source :: https://www.janes.com/article/89815/qatar-to-become-first-amraam-er-user

Immanuel

Country flag
Raytheon will carry out the final certification of the Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile-Extended Range (AMRAAM-ER) for Qatar, making it the first country to procure the new missile, the US company announced on 10 July.

It was providing more detail on an announcement made the previous day when Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Qatar’s emir, visited the White House. A joint statement listed the Qatari Ministry of Defence’s “commitment to acquire Raytheon’s NASAM and Patriot systems” as one of several transactions that had been discussed.

Raytheon said AMRAAM-ER certification was part of two direct commercial sales worth USD2.2 billion that also included the National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS) and an “unspecified quantity of additional.

Source :: https://www.janes.com/article/89815/qatar-to-become-first-amraam-er-user
Interesting, does this mean we also get AIM-120ER as part of NASAMS-2 deal?

Last edited:

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What would they do with air to air missile ??

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk
With some jugaad,it could be converted into SAM. Houthi abduls took down many drones including reaper drones using iran supplied modified (probably)r27s...
I posted some air crash notification thread,

#Breaking: #IRGC backed #Houthi rebels shot-down another #UAE Air Force's RQ-1E Predator drone in South of Sana'a #Yemen early morning today. Its video was released just minutes ago.

Wtf,you gotta give some credit to houthi abduls!
Most probably by modified r27 missiles,supplied by iran. This is not their first drone kill , you can see similar attack in my earlier post

For more info on such modified systems, read this below articles,

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...h-r-27-air-to-air-missile-modified-into-a-sam

https://medium.com/dfrlab/yemencrisis-houthis-and-high-precision-missiles-702de0546fd
Houthi abduls strikes again!!!

#BREAKING: #IRGC backed #Houthi rebels released video of the #USAF's MQ-9 armed drone which they shot-down over Zaaferan village near #Yemen's west coast yesterday. They probably used R-27T or R-73E missiles modified by #Iran's Islamic Regime to be launched from Ground Platforms

The dancing is cringe worthy though:biggrin2:

More pics,

IndianHawk

Country flag
With some jugaad,it could be converted into SAM. Houthi abduls took down many drones including reaper drones using iran supplied modified (probably)r27s...
I posted some air crash notification thread,
They'll need a bloody booster to convert it into SAM. Even then why would they shoot down an aircraft. They are mostly against African/ Muslim migrants who come in by boats!

Chinmoy

Country flag
They'll need a bloody booster to convert it into SAM. Even then why would they shoot down an aircraft. They are mostly against African/ Muslim migrants who come in by boats!

Neo-Nazis would not convert it. They would simply sell it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles