Putin leaves G20 after Harper and other leaders press him on

Zebra

Country flag
Putin leaves G20 after Harper and other leaders press him on actions in Ukraine | National Post

Matthew Fisher, Postmedia News | November 15, 2014 | Last Updated: Nov 15 12:54 PM ET

BRISBANE, Australia – Russian President Vladimir Putin is to skip the last day of G20 leaders' two-day summit and return home early to Moscow after a chilly exchange with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and sharp criticisms from his Australian and American counterparts over Russia's seizure of Crimea and reports of fresh incursions by heavily armed Russian troops into eastern Ukraine.

Harper and Putin spoke briefly with each other Saturday morning at a retreat that organizers had hoped would allow summit leaders to get to know each other better. That goal seems to have been achieved, although not in the intended way.

The Canadian version of what happened, as provided by PMO spokesman Jason MacDonald, was that Harper found himself near Putin who extended his hand to the Canadian leader.

Reluctantly accepting Putin's hand, Harper was said to have told him: "I'll shake your hand, but I only have one thing to say to you: Get out of Ukraine."

Putin's terse rejoinder was "that's impossible because we are not there," the Russian leader's spokesman later told Canadian journalists.

Putin has insisted for months that no Russian troops have ever crossed into Ukraine. This is total nonsense.

I, myself, saw and spoke with Russia's "little green men" clad in the latest Russian uniforms and equipped with the best Russian gear who had come from bases in Central Russia to Crimea in the days before Russia annexed the Ukrainian territory. I saw them again, although slightly more disguised, in eastern Ukraine during the summer, where they fought a decisive tank and artillery battle with Ukrainian forces at the very moment when it appeared that Kyiv's forces would win back territory it had lost to Russian-backed and directed rebels.....

pmaitra

Reluctantly accepting Putin's hand, Harper was said to have told him: "I'll shake your hand, but I only have one thing to say to you: Get out of Ukraine."

Putin's terse rejoinder was "that's impossible because we are not there," the Russian leader's spokesman later told Canadian journalists.
Excellent response to that buffoon Harper, who, instead of acting like the Canadian PM, acted like Obama's aide-de-camp. This is what a US ally looks like, a subordinate motley of a vassal. :lol:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Excellent response to that buffoon Harper, who, instead of acting like the Canadian PM, acted like Obama's aide-de-camp. This is what a US ally looks like, a subordinate motley of a vassal. :lol:
What if Harper's convictions just happen to align with Obama's? You can't just assume its blind faith or allegiance. Most of the Western Hemisphere sees Putin for the thug he is. And yes Russians have violated Ukrainian sovereignty. Such an act can not be tolerated for it sets a dangerous precedence for the rest of Russia's neighbours. The line must be drawn somewhere.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Firstly as expected misleading headline (designed for the audience who only read headlines): The headlines read "Putin leaves G20 after Harper and other leaders press him on actions in Ukraine". So according to the Headlines, Putin has left. But the first line of the article says, "Russian President Vladimir Putin is to skip the last day of G20 leaders' two-day summit". This means he hasn't left. Bullshit one exposed.

Secondly, almost immediately after the rumors started surfacing Dmitri Peskov, Presidential Press Secretary said it was untrue. Note below quote.

The Russian president's press secretary, Dmitry Peskov, has denied reports, saying Vladimir Putin plans to leave the G20 summit ahead of time due to pressure over Ukraine.

"The G20 summit ends tomorrow (on Sunday) and Vladimir Putin will surely leave it – when all the work is finished, the president will leave. The report by Reuters is wrong. The issue of the sanctions is being widely and actively discussed during all bilateral meetings, but there's no pressure," Peskov told Kommersant FM radio.

Earlier, Reuters cited an unnamed source in the Russian delegation, who said that Putin planned to skip Sunday's working session at the two-day summit in Brisbane, after Western leaders threatened more sanctions against Moscow.
Contrary to what the article says Putin didn't leave and I just saw him give a speech, on the second day of the summit.

Typical Western media.

And finally, regarding the quoted part of the article quoted below:
I, myself, saw and spoke with Russia's "little green men" clad in the latest Russian uniforms and equipped with the best Russian gear who had come from bases in Central Russia to Crimea in the days before Russia annexed the Ukrainian territory.
My turn: I, myself, saw and spoke to CIA agents in Ukraine, clad in latest tuxedos equipped with suitcases full of cash and cookies, who had come from ranges in Texas and Virginia, in the days before the "peaceful protests" turned really really peaceful.

I saw them again, although slightly more disguised, in eastern Ukraine during the summer, where they fought a decisive tank and artillery battle with Ukrainian forces at the very moment when it appeared that Kyiv's forces would win back territory it had lost to Russian-backed and directed rebels.
"at the very moment" ? Wow, which moment was that ? Did they note the time and date ?

Is this Matthew Fisher guy a joker or a reporter ?

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What if Harper's convictions just happen to align with Obama's? You can't just assume its blind faith or allegiance. Most of the Western Hemisphere sees Putin for the thug he is. And yes Russians have violated Ukrainian sovereignty. Such an act can not be tolerated for it sets a dangerous precedence for the rest of Russia's neighbours. The line must be drawn somewhere.
Have you heard of Kosovo ?

pmaitra

I do not discount the possibility that you have presented. Valid point.

Yes, we should never tolerate the shooting down a passenger airliner using a puppet state's fighter jet just to blame Putin.

MH17 culd be the new RMS Lusitania.

pmaitra

My turn: I, myself, saw and spoke to CIA agents in Ukraine, clad in latest tuxedos equipped with suitcases full of cash and cookies, who had come from ranges in Texas and Virginia, in the days before the "peaceful protests" turned really really peaceful.
:pound:

"at the very moment" ? Wow, which moment was that ? Did they note the time and date ?

Matthew Fisher is at best a fisherman, by his name, and by the quality of his article.

Zebra

Country flag
Firstly as expected misleading headline (designed for the audience who only read headlines): The headlines read "Putin leaves G20 after Harper and other leaders press him on actions in Ukraine". So according to the Headlines, Putin has left. But the first line of the article says, "Russian President Vladimir Putin is to skip the last day of G20 leaders' two-day summit". This means he hasn't left. Bullshit one exposed.

Secondly, almost immediately after the rumors started surfacing Dmitri Peskov, Presidential Press Secretary said it was untrue. Note below quote.

Contrary to what the article says Putin didn't leave and I just saw him give a speech, on the second day of the summit.

Typical Western media.

Feel free to post that speech here, if you don't mind.

So we all can see it.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Feel free to post that speech here, if you don't mind.

So we all can see it.
I saw it as a live feed about 3 hrs back. I didn't take notes and was only passively listening.

He talked about a few things and thanked the Australians for their hospitality etc.

Also he said that after the speech he'll be leaving as the trip to Moscow takes about 18 hrs and he'd like to get back to work on Monday.
But unlike the OP source article he did not take Sunday off.

If and when a transcript is available, I will post it.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
Putin did attend the 2nd Plenary session today and did participate the working breakfast. (Earlier reported by some agencies that he will not attend them)

What he did not attend was the 'wait for official statement/ release of official communique' of G20 and probably the closing lunch.

Last edited:

josh67

Take a scenario in which mexico is couped in a millitary dictatorship which is anti usa with the help of russian intelligence and arms supply... what would be united states response ?? It would surely engage in a full blown millitary conflict and why? Becoz the existence of a new enemy well within its border would threaten its own existence ... so russia is in a similar situation and is just assuring its national security and has full right to do so..

jouni

After leaving G20 Putin visited Finnish tv show

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KnP2vj2yFgU[/video]

Last edited:

pmaitra

Here's Why the Recent "Putin Isolated" Headlines Are Sheer Nonsense

The picture of an isolated man

[LINK]

• Mainstream media factually misrepresents what happened at the recent G20 meeting
  • Fifteen out of twenty heads of state did not criticize Putin on his Ukraine policy
  • Putin is not isolated, and it is ridiculous for the media to suggest that he is

This article originally appeared at The Moon of Alabama.

These headlines are silly:

Even more silly then those headlines was the German prime news Tagesschau which used a picture of Putin seemingly sitting alone at a lunch table to prove his "isolation". But news service pictures show that he is sitting with the Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff waiting for the other lunch guests to sit down next to them. These were simply not visible in the frame Tagesschau selectively used.

And do these headline writers, TV correspondents and politicians know what the 20 in G-20 means? The people who publicly miffed Putin in Brisbane were Obama, Cameron, Harper, Abbott and Abe. I count five out of twenty.

Those leaders who did not "isolate" Putin by grandstanding in front of the media were from Argentina, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Republic of Korea and Turkey.

Many of the leaders of those countries had one on one talks with Putin. Merkel alone had a three hour talk with Putin. Did that make him feel lonely?

Fact is Putin is about as isolated as the Pope.

Fact is also that those "world leaders" who "isolated" Putin represent a minority of people, military and economic power of the world. As Putin himself correctly pointed out before the G-20 meeting:

Incidentally, the combined GDP of the BRICS countries calculated using purchasing power parity is already bigger than that of the so-called G7 countries. As far as I know, the BRICS countries have more than $37 trillion calculated using purchasing power parity, while the G7 has $34.5 trillion. And this upwards trend is in favour of the BRICS, not vice versa.

Now all this silly isolation talk would be funny if the people in power would recognize it for the bullshit it is.

Unfortunately a lot of stupid people in Washington DC, politicians as well as media folks, believe in their own propaganda bullshit and therefore tend to miscalculate in their assessments of global policies.

This is dangerous as it often has bloody consequences.
[HR][/HR]

Commentary:
  • It was only Obama, and his vassals, five in all, who attempted to isolate Putin.
  • The result was, these five wise men, ended up isolating themselves.
  • The pipsqueak who harped the most, Harper, is currently competing with Donald Tusk, for the position of USA's favourite vassal prince.
  • David Cameron, soon after issuing his customary bluster, urged folks back home to strike deals with PRC and India, to stave off an economic crash.
  • It was the five wise men who were issuing warnings.
  • It was Putin who listened, and kept his calm.
  • Putin went back home, and the western puppets, the Kiev regime goons, are now being shelled.

Corrigendum: Five wise men is literally incorrect. It should be interpreted as five wise (wo)men.

pmaitra

Super-Symbolbilder: "žPutin, einsam und verlassen"
Super Icon images: "Putin, alone and abandoned"
Source: Stefan Niggemeier | Super-Symbolbilder: "Putin, einsam und verlassen"

Yesterday, 20 clock, the "žTagesschau" reports from the G20 Summit in Brisbane. The correspondent says:

"When barbecue at noon, as well as symbolically, leaving Putin and lonely."​

And shows fact:

A look at the opening material from Reuters reveals, however, that Putin never sits alone at the table. Links at the table, something na: Dilma Rousseff, President of Brazil.

For this, it looks at Reuters so as if Shinzō Abe, the Japanese Prime Minister, quite lonely and forlorn must sit down in front of him.

And ... oh, Obama?

Note: You see what you want.

And you learn nothing.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Most international newspapers pick up news from the wire services and then give their articles the spin essential to cater for the domestic audience.

And the wire services are basically western,

The leaders of the West has indeed tried to browbeat or 'shirtfront' Putin and it has been widely reported in the western media, which has been picked up elsewhere. It is obviously gleeful news in times of distress, disarray and despondency caused by not finding any solution to the plans in Ukraine and elsewhere like the ISIS etc, where American and British hostages are brutally being murdered and beheaded savagely.

On the Govt plane, others who attended could not care less because Ukraine is not in their focus as it has no effect on their countries. For them, it matters not which side the swing takes place in the confusion that is ensuing out there.

pmaitra

Most international newspapers pick up news from the wire services and then give their articles the spin essential to cater for the domestic audience.

And the wire services are basically western,

The leaders of the West has indeed tried to browbeat or 'shirtfront' Putin and it has been widely reported in the western media, which has been picked up elsewhere. It is obviously gleeful news in times of distress, disarray and despondency caused by not finding any solution to the plans in Ukraine and elsewhere like the ISIS etc, where American and British hostages are brutally being murdered and beheaded savagely.

On the Govt plane, others who attended could not care less because Ukraine is not in their focus as it has no effect on their countries. For them, it matters not which side the swing takes place in the confusion that is ensuing out there.
Sir, my dad was in the Railways, and at that time, was an inspector.

Once, the Railway Minister was visiting Sealdah Station. One reporter went up to the drinking water faucet, turned it on, let the water flow, and took a picture, with the "wastage of water" in the foreground, and the minister in the background.

My dad caught him by the collar and handed him to the RPF.

Rest is irrelevant.

Off topic, but I am trying to point out reporters sometimes deliberately mislead.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles