Purulia arms drop: Centre's plan to destabilise WB gvt???

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Purulia Expose: India's best kept secret
28 Apr 2011, 1045 hrs IST
April 17 in & in the wee hours of Dec 18 1995 a mysterious weapon consignment was dropped from the sky over Joupur Jhalda area under Purulia Disctrict of West Bengal. The consignment was discovered the next morning. Until now nobody knew what really happened. Today Kim Davy the seventh man and the leader of the operation reveals everything to TIMES NOW.

TIMES NOW: My first question to you Niels Christian Nielsen, alias Kim Davy, Why are you choosing to speak out now?

Davy: I am under the danger of being extradited to India as a terrorist, I don't feel I am a terrorist, I have not done anything to harm anyone. On the contrary I have done things to protect people from Communist terror, State sponsored terror and I kept my silence in all those years, 15 years. But now political forces in India are coming out to reach at me again as they did 15 years ago and I feel its time to set the record straight.

TIMES NOW: So tell me and I will call you Kim Davy because you are known as Kim Davy across the country. Tell me who were these arms meant for? This Purulia Arms Drop, who were these arms meant for and for what purpose, who commissioned this arms drop?

Davy: The arms were meant for self-protection, it is my complete conviction that if I was tried in a Court of Law about the legality of dropping arms to protect people against State sponsored Communist terror, I would clear my name because it was legal defence against decades of murder, torture, rape by the CPIM in West Bengal. I have seen friends being butchered in front of my eyes for so many years and all I did was to work for the betterment of the rural people of West Bengal. For 15 years I worked my every waking hour to better the circumstances of the poorest of the poor in West Bengal, but the atrocities committed by the Communist simply became too much when too many friends were tortured to death so we had to defend ourselves against these attacks and that was the whole background of the Purulia Arms drop.

TIMES NOW: Well I dont know if everyone is going to buy that argument but tell me who sent you? My question to you was who commissioned this arms drop and were there any Indians involved?

Davy: Of course there were Indians involved. There were political forces at the centre . There have been for years MPs who had seen the atrocities committed against the people of Purulia district and 24 MPs had signed the petition to the President to intervene to try to protect these people, nothing happened. And finally central government saw and approved the plans to arm the defence of these innocent people

TIMES NOW: Name the people, Can you name the people?

Davy: I can tell you as much as that RAW, Research and Analysis Wing of India was informed by external forces and approved of the arms drop months in advance of the arms drop

TIMES NOW: Which external forces?

Davy: The communication was between the British Intelligence MI5 and RAW. There was a British ex Intelligence officer on board the plane, the Indian authorities knew the flight plan the people on board , the cargo, the drop zone everything was known well in advance and approved well in advance.

TIMES NOW: You are saying that the Indian government knew and authorised these arms drop over Indian territory by you?

Davy: I am saying that there were political forces in the centre in Delhi who saw it as an opportune way to further their political agenda. You must remember that we are talking ancient history here, but in 1988 centre introduced Presidential rule in Tripura after engaging in supplying arms to different rebel groups there. The same strategy was announced publically in the beginning of the 90's that there was a decision to introduce Presidential rule in West Bengal and therefore it was seen as a furthering of this agenda that arms were procured to protect local people.

TIMES NOW: What was your role ? You were working with the British and American Intelligence officials, were there American Intelligence officials also involved or only British?

Davy: To my knowledge there were no Americans involved.

TIMES NOW: So this was, these were British MI5 which was involved in this and you are saying they told the India's external intelligence agency RAW about it?

Davy: No I am not telling that. This is a well published fact go to their webpage and you will see the exact date when MI5 conferred this whole matter to RAW. It is a matter of public knowledge that this coordination was taking place

TIMES NOW: This is the reason you are saying that you were able to slip in that night, in 1995? You flew into Indian territory, you are saying you were allowed to fly in, the movement was facilitated and you are saying the Indian government was told about it?

Davy: Well look at the zest of this. It is a matter of public record that RAW was informed on three defined dates by MI5 about the arms drop, the people on board the plane, the drop zone everything was informed. This is a matter of public record. I don't know who in their right mind would fly a plane from the arch enemy of Pakistan into Indian airspace with a load of clandestine weapons without having it cleared by with the Indian authorities. It is unthinkable to do that.

TIMES NOW: So tell me what happened after that? If you managed to come in, tell me about that flight, where you took it from, how you got the clearances, what assurances you had if you are saying you had some assurances from the Indian side? Who were those assurances coming from?

Davy: That was a lot of questions, can we take them one at a time

TIMES NOW: Sure, Where were the assurances coming from?

Davy: You were saying how did the flight happen, how did I get away afterwards, what did you ask?

TIMES NOW: No tell me about the first part on how the flight happened, who gave you the assurances that you would be allowed to come in?

Davy: Well, I was in direct contact with an MP who told me that he was in further contact with the Prime Minister's office and on the 16th of December I was called in Karachi by these people who told me that I had to finish the job within 48 hours otherwise the window that they had opened for me would be closed down again. So it was very clear that the communication was on time and clearly it was also defined. It was proven in the court case that the radar station concerned, the Military radar that could have detected this was turned off, was switched off and the order for this came from RAW. So don't take my word for it is what I am saying

TIMES NOW: Can you name the Member of Parliament. Please?

Davy: We will do that live

TIMES NOW: Why should we not believe that this is a tall claim?

Davy: Well, I can only repeat that, please verify the facts that I am putting forward for you. Please verify that these contacts between MI5 and RAW did take place, please verify the fact that the radar was turned off, please verify all these external facts and you will see that what I am saying is the only logical explanation of what happened that time

TIMES NOW: Neils, you just said that you had been called in by some people in Karachi and set about finishing this job in 48 hours. Who are these people? When you mention these people, who are these people?

Davy: Well I can only say to you that immediately after the arms drop went wrong and crew and Peter Bleach was caught, there was an investigation going into a Bihari political connection into the arms drop. And that line of investigation was curiously enough, closed down very shortly afterwards and throughout these 15 years that has passed since, three Parliamentary Commissions in India have been commissioned. Nobody has ever seen the result of those. Though it is a matter of public record outside India that there was this communication between MI5 and RAW it has never been discussed in the Indian public, so everytime that the real story has tried to sneak its way forward in this, it has been clamped down and stopped. For obvious reasons because in the Central government in India it is only to turn a couple of pages and one will know who was behind and why, it is a matter of knowledge, it is not a matter of guesswork.

TIMES NOW: What about you leaving? In what circumstances did you leave the country? There have been different reports about that, can you elaborate a little bit on that please?

Davy: Well, first I was helped out of the airport in Mumbai and after that I was smuggled out of India to Nepal on the backseat of an MP's car. I can give you the full details and the latest dates when we talk again but it was very clear that those forces that had approved the arms drop did not want me to be interrogated by the CBI or anybody because the story that I can tell, would not have been convenient. Obviously today there must be political forces in India who see it as an opportune time for me to tell the full story and that's why I think the extradition is now on the table.

TIMES NOW : Neils...in this period when you were, before you disappeared, you vanished from Mumbai airport from what we know, in this period when you were held, were you in touch with the people , like you mentioned the Member of Parliament, were you in touch with those people in this period?

Davy: Before leaving the country you mean?

TIMES NOW- Yes

Davy: Yes, I was in their care

TIMES NOW: Where

Davy: First in Delhi, Mumbai, Delhi and then over the border, land border to Nepal

TIMES NOW: And you were taken in an MP's car into Nepal through the land route

Davy- Right

TIMES NOW: And there were officials with you?

Davy: I don't know what officials they were. But there was a car in front, a car behind with AK-47 holding guard, the whole way. I obviously did not ask people's name and what there duty was but it was obvious to me that I was being whisked out of the country by people who had the power and the ability to do it

TIMES NOW : What is your link with the Anandmarg?

Davy- Well, you see for 15 years I worked with development work in Africa, in Central America and especially in India. I worked with the Catholic Church, I worked with Anandmarg. I worked with Greenpeace, with different organizations through these 15 years. The project in Purulia was reference project for all NGO's around the world that I worked with. Everybody referred to the development project of Purulia as the light and the way to do things. To develop grassroots up with local resources with local people. So this project caught the imagination of not only me, but thousands around the world and when we continuously got these reports of people, even an Australian women who was almost killed by the Communist goondas, her name was Patricia. When we saw our volunteers ending up like you see in these pictures here, butchered by the Communists. This made an enormous impression, you must remember that I as a young 19 year old came to Kolkata for the first time, coming from one of the most affluent corners of the world and I saw the suffering in Kolkata and it moved my heart to do something. I had to work tirelessly for 15 years.

http://www.timesnow.tv/Purulia-Expose-Indias-best-kept-secret/articleshow/4371689.cms

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Purulia arms drop case:Has India been deceived?
28 Apr 2011, 1056 hrs IST
April 17th in & in the wee hours of Dec 18 1995 a mysterious weapon consignment was dropped from the sky over Joupur Jhalda area under Purulia Disctrict of West Bengal. The consignment was discovered the next morning. Until now nobody knew what really happened.

December 17, 1995
An Antonov AN 26 Latvian Aircraft carrying Peter Bleach, Kim Peter Davy, a five-member Latvian crew and a still-at-large South African - Daya M. Anand alias Deepak, flies into India from Karachi . The plane lands at Varanasi airport and refuels.

The Aircraft stays parked at Varanasi Airport for over seven hours while Davy, Deepak and Latvian cargo handler tie the crates containing weapons to cargo parachutes.

Mysteriously there is no move to seize the plane despite intelligence from Britain on three occasions of an imminent arms drop

The early hours of Dec18

The plane digresses from an approved flight path and drops its deadly cargo over Jhalda in Purulia district.

Strangely the Radar at a local IAF air base doesnt catch the straying plane. Some say the radar was switched off. The Plane then rejoins the approved flight path and lands for refueling at Calcutta Airport. Mysteriously there is no move to seize it despite prior information

December 19-21, 1995

Over the next three days Kim Davy and the others stay in Puket in Thailand. While there they get approval for return flight to Karachi flying over Indian Air space touching at Calcutta. This despite an IB Alert at all Indian Airports detailing call sign and description of the aircraft

December 22, 1995
It's early morning. A Cyclone over the Bay of Bengal prompts Davy and Company to file new flight plan. The New plan is to refuel in what was still Madras then. Strangely Madras Airport fails to inform Delhi which has the original approved flight plan. There is no move to seize the aircraft.

It is by chance that Sahar Airport ATC is alerted by the Air Force in Delhi that a plane is flying over its territory without authorization. Fear of collision with incoming aircraft prompts ATC Sahar to ask the AN-26B to land.

The Customs, ignorant of the Purulia case, nab Bleach and five others on charges of hiding the seventh person - Kim Davy, who is named in the flight manifest but is already missing. Davy claims he had jumped the wall of the airport and made a break.

This is where one on the biggest mysteries of the Purlia Arms Drop Ended. There were no answers on whom these arms meant for. Who paid for the arms. What was the bigger conspiracy behind the consignment?

http://www.timesnow.tv/Purulia-arms-drop-caseHas-India-been-deceived/articleshow/4371690.cms

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Congress -I is a very dangerous organization. For Congress-I agendas the national resources are at service like an unethical whore.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

I am ashamed to be an Indian. I never expected congress leaders to go to such a low level .

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Indian gvt involved- part I (video)

http://www.timesnow.tv/Purulia-Indian-Government-involved--Part-1/videoshow/4371701.cms

part 2,3,4,5...etc can be found in same link....

Purulia armsdrop case: 'Indian Government involved'
28 Apr 2011, 1255 hrs IST, AGENCIES
It's the second stunning disclosure in the 1995 Purulia Arms drop case. Peter Bleach, a British citizen who served a sentence for his role in the Arms drop has spoken to TIMES NOW. Bleach not only confirms that Indian politicians were involved, but also makes more startling revelations about what happened on the night of December 18, 1995.

TIMES NOW: First question is why are you speaking out now?

PETER BLEACH: Well because after so many years I thought this was all finished and done and I wasn't happy about the outcome. But suddenly, out of the blue, India seems to want Neils Christien Neilsen or Kim Davy or Neils Holck or whatever his true name is, they seem to want him back in India. So all of a sudden, this has come back and my life has been disrupted yet again. It is high time the truth was told.

TIMES NOW: How will your life get disrupted if Kim Davy is extradited to India?

PETER BLEACH: Well good example ..Were talking together now and instead of me being at work, Im talking to you on Skype about this. It is a thing that doesn't get left alone by the Press. You know, there is not a country in the world that hasn't printed my photograph with a label of terrorist underneath it. Now I have never been a terrorist. Most people don't believe that. So time has come to clear my name. It is not a funny label to have against you after the events of 9/11 and things like that.

TIMES NOW: What was your role in the Purulia arms drop?

PETER BLEACH: I was approached as a businessman. It is common knowledge that I was in the defence industry. I was approached to sell somebody some arms and ammunition and when I discovered this was an illegal deal, this was supporting a terrorist group in India, I immediately reported that to the British Government. And I was interviewed by the MI5 who passed all the information back to India. I was told that the Indian Government wanted the guns delivered into India so they could arrest the people concerned and find out who the guns were for.

TIMES NOW: SO you're saying you told the local police, they informed the MI5, which is the British intelligence agency. In other words, the British Government knew about it and yet you came along with this plane. And you're saying this was some sort of sting operation that you were trying to carry out, that you would come on the plane and help authorities catch the other people red handed. Now that's a fairly long winded explanation Mr. Bleach.

PETER BLEACH: Well, you might say so. I have to say that it was never part of the plan that I would have been on that aircraft. That was due to circumstances beyond anybody's control much later on. But I've got a copy of all the notes taken by the MI5 officer and the special branch officer who visited me and it contains the full details they passed to India. SO whether or not I ended up on the place is one aspect. Of course I wish I hadn't been, but I couldn't do anything about that. But that doesn't alter the fact that the Indian Government had absolute full and detailed knowledge of every part of this. And my understanding is, in fact, the Indian Government actually supported the whole thing. It was an Indian Government job.

TIMES NOW: If it was an Indian Government job and the Indian Government supported it, why would anyone in the Indian government allow the dropping of such a large cache of arms in Indian Territory in such an illegal manner? Whats the motive?

PETER BLEACH: To understand that you have to stop thinking of Indian territory. This wasn't dropped so much in Indian territory as in Bengali territory. The target here was the Government of West Bengal. At that time, Jyoti Basu was the Chief Minister and the CPIM Government was in power. The whole objective, my understanding was to destabilize the Government of West Bengal so that Presidents rule could be declared in terms of the Constitution and the state would have been ruled directly from Delhi. That could have disposed the CPIM Government and that was the entire purpose of the job as I understand it now. I didnt understand it at that time and I have to stress that.

http://www.timesnow.tv/Purulia-armsdrop-case-Indian-Government-involved/articleshow/4371699.cms

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Some points to ponder upon-

1) With out approval from very high office how can a plane came in from pak air-space.... without being shot down by IAF

2) Why the radar in Kolaikunda air base was switched off on that particular night only....

3) How Davy did manage to escape from Mumbai air-port??? (if he was not trafficed to Napal by some powerful persons...)

It looks like a simple plan....give weapons to anti-communist force...let them create some disturbance....and declare President's rule on that ground....

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Purulia arms-drop accused says operation was organised to bring down Left Front

Special Correspondent

NEW DELHI: Niels Christian Nielsen, a Danish national fighting extradition to India for his alleged role in the 1997 air-drop of ammunition over Purulia, has said the operation was sanctioned by the Central government to destabilise West Bengal's Left Front government.

In an interview to Times Now television, Mr. Nielsen claimed that the Purulia arms drop was organised as a form of defence against alleged oppression by the CPI(M) in West Bengal. The government of the former Prime Minister, P.V. Narasimha Rao, he said, "saw and approved the plans to arm the defence of these innocent people."

Central Bureau of Investigation detectives have been seeking the extradition of Mr. Nielsen, also known by the alias Kim Davy, saying he was the key figure in organising the drop of several hundred assault rifles, ammunition and explosives to help the murky Ananda Marga cult start an anti-communist insurgency.

Peter Bleach, a former British special forces officer who arranged for the purchase of the aircraft used in the operation, was sentenced to life imprisonment in 2000, along with the Latvian crew. The convicts, however, all later received presidential pardon. In a separate interview to Times Now, Mr. Bleach backed elements of Mr. Nielson's case, saying "the whole objective, my understanding was, to destabilise the Government of West Bengal so that President's rule could be declared in terms of the Constitution [sic.] and the State would have been ruled directly from Delhi."

Little is known about the 1961-born Nielsen, who is reported to be wanted in several countries on charges related to arms trafficking and money laundering. For years a member of the cult, Mr. Davy has also been linked to the South Sudan insurgent leader John Garang,

The CBI says that Mr Nielson met with Mr. Bleach at Copenhagen in August, 1995, and asked him to supply 2,500 assault rifles and 1.5 million rounds of ammunition. In September that year, the men met again in Bangkok, where the order was reduced to 500 assault rifles, as well as an aircraft for executing the drop over Purulia. Mr. Nielson succeeded in organising papers which persuaded Bulgaria to sell the weapons, which its authorities thought were intended for the Bangladesh armed forces.

Though sensational, Mr. Nielsen's claims are not new — and he has offered no new evidence in support of his claims.

In a 1995 interview to the British Broadcasting Corporation, he first asserted that the Indian government had deliberately overlooked intelligence warnings of the imminent arms-drop, hoping to precipitate an insurgency in West Bengal. "An armed insurgency in West Bengal would have allowed Delhi impose direct rule on the State and oust the ruling Communists," the BBC reported him as saying.

Mr. Nielsen's claim that his escape was facilitated by the government was also made earlier by his organisation, the Ananda Marg. Bhaveshanand Avadhuta, a spokesperson for the group, said that it had "good reasons to believe Davy was escorted away by an Indian intelligence official called Dasan".

But even though little evidence has emerged to support the claims, a succession of unexplained errors by Indian authorities has meant speculation about the operation has refused to go away.

Mr. Bleach, a retired special forces officer who ran an arms firm, had notified the North Yorkshire police of the planned arms drop in August 1995. He claims to have been asked to go ahead with purchasing the aircraft and continue providing information on the plot; British authorities deny this.

Later, in November, MI5, the British intelligence service, notified India that the arms drop was imminent. A London-based British government official involved with the case said at least three meetings took place to discuss events as they unfolded, though he would not share details. The West Bengal government was not immediately notified of the threat. Intelligence Bureau personnel, it later emerged, carried out reconnaissance at possible airstrips in the area, but no on-ground surveillance was mounted by the West Bengal Police.

Mr. Nielsen himself evaded arrest at the Mumbai airport, after the aircraft was finally forced to land by an Indian Air Force jet. Investigators say he bribed authorities at the airport to escape.

A senior CBI official also said Mr. Nielsen appeared to be seeking to "muddy the waters" at the final stage of extradition proceedings. "If he has anything to say", the officer said, "we'd love to hear it — in court."

http://www.hindu.com/2011/04/29/stories/2011042962930100.htm

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I am shameful to be an Indian. I never expected congress leaders to go to such a low level .
Power hungry politicians can swoop down to any level.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Purulia Arms Drop: some pictures

Purulia Arms Drop: some pictures

Tronic

Not surprised at all. This was the ugly face of the power politics played by the Gandhis.

Much like the pre-84 Sikh militancy movement; all of its leaders were financed and armed by the Congress.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles