Punjab Insurgency: the truth

amitkriit

THE TRUTH
I decided to create this thread after the news being shown in media that some anti-nationals are trying again to ressurect Bhinderanwale and Khalistan movement.

Khalistanis and their masters in Pakistan will always rant about "Never Forget 84 Riots" and thus they potray Indians and particularly Hindus as devils.

But no one raises the issue of massacre of Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab during the militancy era, when Hindus and patriotic peace loving Sikhs were asked to step out of the bus and then they were executed on point blank range with AK-47.

Hindu shops were looted in the name of "Khalistan", Ferozepur, Amritsar, Faridkot, Gurdaspur regions once used to be majority Hindu populated area, but due these Khalistani militancy people left these regions to save their lives.

Almost all of the Sikh militant groups in Punjab aimed to created an independent nation called Khalistan through acts of violence directed not only at members of the police and security forces, but also specifically at Hindu and Sikhs who were reluctant to accept their version of History and Religion. In the early 1990s, a number of militant groups tried to impose "codes of conduct" for journalists; these codes carried a death penalty for those who disobeyed. Sikhs belonging to non-orthodox minority sects were also murdered.

The owner of Punjab Kesari newspaper LALA JAGAT NARAIN was riddled with 67 bullets in his chest by Khalistani militants in the name of" Waheguru". Just because he use to publish truth about atrocities committed on Hindus by Khalistanis and the acts of the separatist leader Jarnail Singh Bhindrawala. No one ever mentions it.

According to Human Rights Watch "In the beginning on the 1980s, Sikh separatists in Punjab committed serious human rights abuses, including the massacre of civilians, attacks upon non-Sikhs in the state, and indiscriminate bomb attacks in crowded places.

According to an estimate, 85% of the civilians who died in terrorists attacks in Punjab were Hindus. Threats were also made to the minority Hindu population so as to drive them out of Punjab. In fact, a large population of Hindus left Punjab permanently in 1980's. This also led to rise to the drift of Punjabi Hindus from Punjabi culture and language. This resulted in thousands of Hindus fleeing the state.

This old old video shows how Khalistani Terrorists tried to hold the whole nation to ransom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iFSfvaCifs

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Amitkritt,

It appears you have no idea about the movement.

I decided to create this thread after the news being shown in media that some anti-nationals are trying again to ressurect Bhinderanwale and Khalistan movement.
Explain Simranjit Singh Mann.

Khalistanis and their masters in Pakistan will always rant about "Never Forget 84 Riots" and thus they potray Indians and particularly Hindus as devils.
1984 were not riots but a state orchestrated pogrom.

But no one raises the issue of massacre of Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab during the militancy era, when Hindus and patriotic peace loving Sikhs were asked to step out of the bus and then they were executed on point blank range with AK-47.
Neither does any raise the issue of
1. innocents massacred all in the name of Coin ops.
2. Congress backing to Bhindranwale
3. circumstances of Operation Bluestar
4. mass graves of Sikhs in Punjab.
5. 1984 pogroms

The massacres of Punjabis at the hands of Khalistanis is well documented, and this is the reason why the common citizen was against the Khalistan movement.

Hindu shops were looted in the name of "Khalistan", Ferozepur, Amritsar, Faridkot, Gurdaspur regions once used to be majority Hindu populated area, but due these Khalistani militancy people left these regions to save their lives.
Sikhs form between 50-60% of Punjab population. Trifurcation of East Punjab resulted in a Sikh majority Punjab.

Almost all of the Sikh militant groups in Punjab aimed to created an independent nation called Khalistan through acts of violence directed not only at members of the police and security forces, but also specifically at Hindu and Sikhs who were reluctant to accept their version of History and Religion.
This again false. Many Sikhs joined the Khalistan movement not for their desire to form a Sikh state but for their desire to avenge the Anti-Sikh pogroms and Operation Blue Star.

In the early 1990s, a number of militant groups tried to impose "codes of conduct" for journalists; these codes carried a death penalty for those who disobeyed. Sikhs belonging to non-orthodox minority sects were also murdered.
Refer to the Nirankari-Sikh clashes which resulted in the death of the President of AKJ by Nirankaris.

The owner of Punjab Kesari newspaper LALA JAGAT NARAIN was riddled with 67 bullets in his chest by Khalistani militants in the name of" Waheguru". Just because he use to publish truth about atrocities committed on Hindus by Khalistanis and the acts of the separatist leader Jarnail Singh Bhindrawala. No one ever mentions it.
Lala Jagat Narain is one of those directly responsible for the mess. Read history.

According to Human Rights Watch "In the beginning on the 1980s, Sikh separatists in Punjab committed serious human rights abuses, including the massacre of civilians, attacks upon non-Sikhs in the state, and indiscriminate bomb attacks in crowded places.
This took place during the later parts of 1980s when criminals had hijacked the movement.

According to an estimate, 85% of the civilians who died in terrorists attacks in Punjab were Hindus. Threats were also made to the minority Hindu population so as to drive them out of Punjab. In fact, a large population of Hindus left Punjab permanently in 1980's. This also led to rise to the drift of Punjabi Hindus from Punjabi culture and language. This resulted in thousands of Hindus fleeing the state.
The numbers are grossly exaggerated. It is a fact that man rich Hindus and Sikh were targeted by Khalistani militants and fled the state.
In fact the Khalistanis had setup the first sophisticated extortion network which was later adopted by Dawood Ibrahim.

Punjabi Hindus abandoned the Punjabi culture and language when they demanded the formation of a Hindi speaking Punjab (refer to Lalaji's role in the same).

This old old video shows how Khalistani Terrorists tried to hold the whole nation to ransom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iFSfvaCifs
I hope this video is not part of the propaganda unleashed by the Congress rejected by the Intelligentsia ?

amitkriit

Whatever I am writing comes directly from reliable sources(WIKI, Human Right Watch, GlobalSecurity Org), those aren't products of my imagination, I haven't even changed the text.

Every movement starts small, sogarcoated to attract people. U have heared about distribution of rings of the saint, please come to net and read discussions, Khalistanis living in US/Canada/India are taking it as resurrection of Khalistan movement. These SSF guys might be looking as been doing some kind of religious work, but I have seen them spewing venom against Indians, and particularly Hindus and Sikhs (some say 75% of Sikhs in India aren't pure Sikhs at all).

Rejecting everything as propaganda will serve no purpose, as we need to accept both sides of the truth. Rejecting one part will only damage one's credibility.

Khalistan movement is a fine example of how a quest for religious purity gets converted into a nightmare for common men.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Whatever I am writing comes directly from reliable sources(WIKI, Human Right Watch, GlobalSecurity Org), those aren't products of my imagination, I haven't even changed the text.
I would suggest start reading newspaper articles, you are not yet ready to graduate to books.

4 Points you might not be aware of

1. Bhindranwale was handpicked by Congress party to solidify their position in Punjab.

2. Bhindranwale never explicitly demanded Khalistan, he was always non-committal on the subject.

3. Babbar Khalsa members were sworn enemies of Bhindranwale, post-Bluestar they became the leading insurgent group.

4. Post-Bluestar and during the initial stage of the insurgency many of the insurgents and sympathisers were ex-army Sikhs including several high ranking officers.

sob

Mod
Country flag
The Punjab problem was too complicated to be discussed objectively here in this Forum.

The problem had it's roots in Sikh Politics of early 80s and the desire of the then PM Indira Gandhi to use the classical Divide and Rule to ensure that Punjab would remain in the hands of the Congress Party. To achieve this she encouraged Bhinderwale against the Akalis and soon she was riding a tiger she could not get off safely nor hang on to it.

This was a classical mess created by the Govt. and thoroughly exploited by our friends across the border, and helped in full measure by the 84 riots, which were orchesterated by ministers and senior Govt. officials. The only reason that this did not spiral out of control was due to the saner elements in the official machinery and in some parts the bravery of the non-Sikhs in protecting their neighbours and friends from the mob.

Let me stick my neck out and say that Operation Blue Star was a necessity but was botched right from the word go. It was the Operation Black Thunder conducted in 1988 that broke the back of the seperatist movement. Using Snipers and under the full glare of the media the operation was conducted with minimum damage to the Golden Temple and within days normal prayer services were resumed.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
the kalistani troubles are an out come of the dirty vote bank politics that was played by the so called "seculer" congress in the late 1970s for petty political gains on the akali dal and when the Blow back came and took the chife architect with it the Congress took out it revengs like a mad dog pack on the Innocent shiks of delhi and the former Patial&East Punjab State Union so both the Congress and the terroist are both at fault

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The Punjab problem was too complicated to be discussed objectively here in this Forum.
The problem had it's roots in Sikh Politics of early 80s and the desire of the then PM Indira Gandhi to use the classical Divide and Rule to ensure that Punjab would remain in the hands of the Congress Party. To achieve this she encouraged Bhinderwale against the Akalis and soon she was riding a tiger she could not get off safely nor hang on to it.
Absolutely.

To add a few points.

Gandhi also wanted to punish Akalis for their support of the anti-emergency protests and wanted to break the alliance of Sikhs and Hindu parties.

The rising Hindu sentiments had worried her and in the later part of her career her speeches were distinctly anti-minority and she chose not to even react to the the Bhagalpur riots.

This was a classical mess created by the Govt. and thoroughly exploited by our friends across the border, and helped in full measure by the 84 riots, which were orchesterated by ministers and senior Govt. officials.
84 were not riots it was a pogrom. And the role of Pakistan in Khalistan insurgency is over-rated. Zia was infact against it.

The only reason that this did not spiral out of control was due to the saner elements in the official machinery and in some parts the bravery of the non-Sikhs in protecting their neighbours and friends from the mob.
Let me stick my neck out and say that Operation Blue Star was a necessity but was botched right from the word go.
The maximum killings were seen in the non-Punjabi lower class areas of Delhi in the Punjabi and middle class areas groups of youth kept vigil to prevent congress supporters from entering their colonies.

It was necessary to kick out Bhindranwale out of the Golden Temple but I don't see any reason for sending 1000s of troops to do the same.

It was the Operation Black Thunder conducted in 1988 that broke the back of the seperatist movement. Using Snipers and under the full glare of the media the operation was conducted with minimum damage to the Golden Temple and within days normal prayer services were resumed.
The operation to seal borders was I believe the turning point.

sob

Mod
Country flag
=Singh;99801]Absolutely.
The rising Hindu sentiments had worried her and in the later part of her career her speeches were distinctly anti-minority and she chose not to even react to the the Bhagalpur riots.
This is a fact that most of the riots post independence happened in Congress ruled states, and with the full backing of the Congg. party. Whether it was Bhagalpur or the PAC action in Meerut, it all had the classical backings of the ruling political class.

84 were not riots it was a pogrom. And the role of Pakistan in Khalistan insurgency is over-rated. Zia was infact against it.
It was an open fact that elements of the Sikh insurgency were freely operating from Lahore.

The maximum killings were seen in the non-Punjabi lower class areas of Delhi in the Punjabi and middle class areas groups of youth kept vigil to prevent congress supporters from entering their colonies.
The local leaders used the poor people from the slums as their storm troopers and they were given a free hand to indulge in lootings.

It was necessary to kick out Bhindranwale out of the Golden Temple but I don't see any reason for sending 1000s of troops to do the same.
By the time Operation Blue Star was executed the situation had gone completely out of hand. The amount of arms and ammunition stocked in the precints of the Golden Temple were huge enough to equip a small army. One of my relatives was part of the Armed forces who were first inside the Temple described to me the huge quantity of arms and ammunition. However the timing of the operatrion, the scale and the media blackout could have been very clearly avoided.

The operation to seal borders was I believe the turning point.
In addition Operation Black Thunder was in full media glare , this ensured that rumors did not float freely and the people were aware of the antics of the terrorists huddled inside.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles