Propaganda and Brainwashing of Sikhs

Sikhbrah

Country flag
I have been busy with twitter world over the past weeks trying to understand the Sikh sentiment in regards to referendum 2020.

Some very interesting things are brewing.

1. There is a conscious high budget propaganda effort to bring Sikhi away from the dharmic fold into the Abrahamic fold.

This are not just the ramblings of a few delusional folks, there are literally organizations with funding running this propaganda.

2. RSS, BJP and to further extend all Hindus are being completely blamed for 1984. Congress given a clean sheet.

3. 500 years of Islamic atrocities are forgotten, 1984 is highlighted again and again. Muslims are given a clean sheet even for Kabul massacre that happened a few months back, while 1984 is brought up again.

4. Among foreign Sikhs, Muslim propaganda has completely controlled the narrative. Islamic followers are seen as peaceful and supportive of Sikh goals while Hindus are seen as hateful of Sikh gurus, religion and 1984. Most of these people have never lived among Hindus.

The 1984 machinery started in Canada among the refugees who left India during that time (they still carry immense bitterness today) - has spread to UK (which mostly consist of older generation Sikh immigrants that were not impacted by 1984) - and is now creeping into Punjab.

A combination of Congress + Pakistan + leftist seems to have a stronghold among the Sikhs in Punjab.

The government has to counter this narrative fast and soon.

If anyone is in Punjab now, would like some ground situation update. My analysis is based on online media and interactions.

indiatester

Country flag
I have been busy with twitter world over the past weeks trying to understand the Sikh sentiment in regards to referendum 2020.

1. There is a conscious high budget propaganda effort to bring Sikhi away from the dharmic fold into the Abrahamic fold.

This are not just the ramblings of a few delusional folks, there are literally organizations with funding running this propaganda.

2. RSS, BJP and to further extend all Hindus are being completely blamed for 1984. Congress given a clean sheet.

3. 500 years of Islamic atrocities are forgotten, 1984 is highlighted again and again. Muslims are given a clean sheet even for Kabul massacre that happened a few months back, while 1984 is brought up again.

4. Among foreign Sikhs, Muslim propaganda has completely controlled the narrative. Islamic followers are seen as peaceful and supportive of Sikh goals while Hindus are seen as hateful of Sikh gurus, religion and 1984. Most of these people have never lived among Hindus.

The 1984 machinery started in Canada among the refugees who left India during that time (they still carry immense bitterness today) - has spread to UK (which mostly consist of older generation Sikh immigrants that were not impacted by 1984) - and is now creeping into Punjab.

A combination of Congress + Pakistan + leftist seems to have a stronghold among the Sikhs in Punjab.

If anyone is in Punjab now, would like some ground situation update. My analysis is based on online media and interactions.
Agreed.
We can start with identifying some of the handles that are most active in this propaganda on various platforms.

Amrk

Country flag

What's your twitter handle , if its alright, I'd like to participate

ashdoc

Country flag
Siding with Pakistan backed organizations will make Sikhs go on the wrong side of history. Some day even in western countries there is going to be confrontation between Islamic fanatics and non muslims. If Sikhs continue this way in western countries then they run the risk of being branded as terrorists in the long run along with Islamic militants.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Siding with Pakistan backed organizations will make Sikhs go on the wrong side of history. Some day even in western countries there is going to be confrontation between Islamic fanatics and non muslims. If Sikhs continue this way in western countries then they run the risk of being branded as terrorists in the long run along with Islamic militants.
On the positive side, this anti-Dharmic termites seem to come out only on Twitter world or from Canada (with zero knowledge on ground reality).

I have yet to meet a single pro-Pakistani, anti-Hindu Sikh in real life so perhaps the silent majority are good law abiding patriotic people.

But this doesn’t negate the fact that there is a highly funded propaganda machinery in place to brainwash the Sikhs.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Agreed.
We can start with identifying some of the handles that are most active in this propaganda on various platforms.
What's your twitter handle , if its alright, I'd like to participate
Follow this twitter handle for a start @amaanbali

He is a Kashmiri Sikh who calls a spade a spade and a good starting point of discussions pertaining to Sikh community.

I use my twitter handle just for commenting and retweets so not much value you can get out of mine.

Kanwaljit

Country flag
Good points raised here by Sikhbrah. There are a couple of factors which I can tell regarding the gullibility of Sikhs in North America:

1) 1984 as an issue, the riots in particular, was not addressed. The perpetrators were not duly punished and there is a general bad taste that hasn't gone away. Whether it was INC or whatever, from their perspective (rightly or wrongly) there just doesn't seem enough effort from the Indian society in general to condemn or punish, or even understand the plight of the victims/community.

2) Punjabiyat and all that same language feels music to the ears. Couple that with the most sacred Sikh shrines left behind in that land, there just seems that bond, without realizing that it is a farce. If all this biraadari was so good, then why were the Sikhs killed / looted / raped in 1947. India is left behind and is by and large doing nothing to control this narrative.

3) Being a minority, there is a general apprehension with BJP and Right Wing, and terms like 'Ghar Waapsi' and 'Akhand Bharat' are not understood. Again the Indian narrative is blank regarding such.

4) The 2nd and subsequent generations have no/limited connection with India. To them Punjabi is Sikh, Muslim is Pakistani, Hindus are the rest of India (excluding Punjab) and they don't know that Muslims and Hindus can be Punjabi, in fact Sikhs are the minority Punjabis - that fact is completely lost.

Just my observations, living here in Canada.

indiatester

Country flag
Good points raised here by Sikhbrah. There are a couple of factors which I can tell regarding the gullibility of Sikhs in North America:

1) 1984 as an issue, the riots in particular, was not addressed. The perpetrators were not duly punished and there is a general bad taste that hasn't gone away. Whether it was INC or whatever, from their perspective (rightly or wrongly) there just doesn't seem enough effort from the Indian society in general to condemn or punish, or even understand the plight of the victims/community.

2) Punjabiyat and all that same language feels music to the ears. Couple that with the most sacred Sikh shrines left behind in that land, there just seems that bond, without realizing that it is a farce. If all this biraadari was so good, then why were the Sikhs killed / looted / raped in 1947. India is left behind and is by and large doing nothing to control this narrative.

3) Being a minority, there is a general apprehension with BJP and Right Wing, and terms like 'Ghar Waapsi' and 'Akhand Bharat' are not understood. Again the Indian narrative is blank regarding such.

4) The 2nd and subsequent generations have no/limited connection with India. To them Punjabi is Sikh, Muslim is Pakistani, Hindus are the rest of India (excluding Punjab) and they don't know that Muslims and Hindus can be Punjabi, in fact Sikhs are the minority Punjabis - that fact is completely lost.

Thank you.

Its very important for all to remind the reason for the birth of the Sikh and what they had to face and who they had to face.
Those atrocities continue to this day in other pak and afghan.

We also needs to remember familiarity breeds contempt. This must be addressed.

Sikhbrah

Country flag

Good analysis.

My view on the points mentioned.

1) Till today I don’t understand why successive governments have not taken action on the perpetrators of the riot and closed the chapter for good. Tytler and Sajjan Kumar still walking free today.

2) My personal view (some will call me communal or hateful, but a spade is a spade) - Muslims can never be in brotherly relationship with any other community for long. The kafir torn will appear after a while - it’s just how their religion is. There is a huge romanticism among Sikhs for Punjab Pakistan and everything it encompasses though.

3) Pakis have very successful propagate the narrative that once the Hindutva brigade finishes the Muslims - they will go after Sikhs next, which is causing anxiety among minorities. BJP has not countered that narrative in any way.

4) Agree 100%

Somehow I feel BJP is horrible at this media propaganda game.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Thank you.

Its very important for all to remind the reason for the birth of the Sikh and what they had to face and who they had to face.
Those atrocities continue to this day in other pak and afghan.

We also needs to remember familiarity breeds contempt. This must be addressed.
A British Sikh once told me - Sikhs in general have forgotten how it’s like living with Muslims.

Successive generations of Sikhs in Punjab have never lived with Muslims. Partition stories are a fading memory.

Lack of familiarity is leading to lack of understanding and overly romanticism of the minority brotherhood.

Hindus don’t have this issue as all their big cities are filled with Muslims.

PS : Kashmiri SIkhs will tell you this whole Muslim-Sikh unity is a farce though.

yuba

Country flag
As a 44 year old sikh who was a young kid living in a village near phagwara I like to give my view. That time has left a scar thst needs to be healed. I hate congress with a passion I won't lie I celebrated when rajiv gandhi was killed. His comment while sikhs were being killed makes the blood boil. Why has the bio not given us justice and had tytler and Kumar hanging at the end of a rope. I spend my time between the US and UK and i see a fundamentalism creeping in to my religion. A religion that preaches respect of all faiths is being corrupted . I love India and have kept my Indian citizenship and will move back with wife once my youngest child is married and settled. I took my kids back to India and lived there while I moved back and forth and made a l8ving.I wanted them to learn to read and write punjabi and know the culture which they did. You can be born in the west and learn punjabi but you never really know what being a punjabi is. In the UK when we moved there we lived in a town where we had a small population of sikh Hindus and punjabi muslims. I have Pakistani friends I was shocked to know there is Pakistani jats just like me and we stuck together when someone would call us pakis or wogs. What I'm saying is we where taught m9stly by our mums that dont judge someone by their faith judge the person . That is the beauty of Sikhism but in the larger towns like birmingham and Leeds our fudementals are being twisted this has to be stopped. We might as well forget the states and Canada they arevlost me and my brothers have a transport company in northern california and a family buisness in the UK so I see the differance my name here is named after yuba city california where I live when there.But I will say this when shit hits the fan and India is in a war like situation most sikhs support india. If the BJP gives us justice and puts those congress thugs who butt and raped my people it will go a long way . The anger of that time is a massive thorn in the side . How many terms has the BJP been in power since that time and what has it done nothing. I'm not a BJP supporter but i feel they better then the Gandhi party and the Italian bitch and her offspring. But whether you a Muslim hindu or whatever you are just a Indian like Hindus we should not have to prove our patriotism. Now some on here will say you liv8ng in the west you not Indian but my passport says differently I can have a view and people like my father sent money loads of it back to India when india was not doing so well we did our bit. My grandfather fought in world war 2 not because he loved Britain but thought it would get us Azadi his brother never came back. The troubles of the eightys were a horrible time and the centre killed a lot of innocent sikh men you had to have been there to know the fear and KPS gill not a hero for me. Even after all that I would dare someone to go to any town 8n punjab and say pakistan zindabad and see what happens . I love india and it's diversity its a beautiful thing we are all sons of the soil . There is a worry that the BJP once done with muslims will start on sikhs next. If you a minority there is a fear .If ever khalistan was formed we would sell our land and move to another state but that wont happen sikhs have proved their loyalty and watching the funerals of the punjabi shaheeds and the other 18 sons of india makes me weep and a anger for revenge .Please forgive me for how i wrote this. I spent my high school days in yuba city chasing girls smoking weed and snorting or smoking methamphetamine. methamphetamine

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Country flag
A British Sikh once told me - Sikhs in general have forgotten how it’s like living with Muslims.

Successive generations of Sikhs in Punjab have never lived with Muslims. Partition stories are a fading memory.

Lack of familiarity is leading to lack of understanding and overly romanticism of the minority brotherhood.

Hindus don’t have this issue as all their big cities are filled with Muslims.

PS : Kashmiri SIkhs will tell you this whole Muslim-Sikh unity is a farce though.
Sir, don't see you in LAC thread commenting what happened?
Also some ammo to you.
Show them the picture of KALKA mata (pranam) mandir.
Some Khalistan will get hell shocked.
Also ask them, if similar thing they can find in pagalastan.

yuba

Country flag
I dont think you have anything to fear its a minority in Punjab a small minority. And sikhs born in the west are not really punjabi that their culture but if you have never shit in a field or had a bath while the motor running to water the fields on a hot day you not a proper punjabi.Saying that I'm showing my age I dont think alot of the younger punjabis have shit in a field and wiped their ass with dirt and washed it when getting back to farm house sounds disgusting but sometime you get caught out when playing as kids

yuba

Country flag

That last message was for you my brother it did not quote your post

yuba

Country flag
I know this is off topic but has anyone set up a fund for the families of the 20 shaheeds.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Sir, don't see you in LAC thread commenting what happened?
Also some ammo to you.
Show them the picture of KALKA mata (pranam) mandir.
Some Khalistan will get hell shocked.
Also ask them, if similar thing they can find in pagalastan.
Just been busy with work and the LAC thread moves way too fast for me to catch up with. So mostly been a silent reader.

Meanwhile you see this in twitter.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Country flag
Just been busy with work and the LAC thread moves way too fast for me to catch up with. So mostly been a silent reader.

Meanwhile you see this in twitter.

Yes, all are making some sort of FUN of the guy on the left of the photo.
Naturally to say guru govind singh ji when He came it was very bad time to be of any other religion than Islam.
One of the foremost reason of why I am uncomfortable with the aurangzeb, jahangir and babur, akbar lovers gang.
What can I say? Although my father do like gandhiji.

Illusive

Country flag
I would also like to point out the scale of conversions happening in Punjab, like Kerala, AP

This is grand scale Christian Conversion programs are happening in Punjab ....Can you imagine how much money is being spent to destroy Punjab.

At this point I think its the people need to fight back along with govt brining in end to this farce.

Trying to destroy India and its culture 1 state at a time.

Pitting our own against each other, happening for centuries.

There needs to be a collective Dharmic consciousness.

yuba

Country flag
I would also like to point out the scale of conversions happening in Punjab, like Kerala, AP

This is grand scale Christian Conversion programs are happening in Punjab ....Can you imagine how much money is being spent to destroy Punjab.

At this point I think its the people need to fight back along with govt brining in end to this farce.

Trying to destroy India and its culture 1 state at a time.

Pitting our own against each other, happening for centuries.

There needs to be a collective Dharmic consciousness.
It's been happening for a long time mostly from the lower castes and who can blame them. The higher castes have been treating them badly. Thank god a lot has changed I can remember as a kid when the food would come for the workers in our fields they would have separate dishes and would sit on their own, not with us. I don't care what caste my kids marry but if I had a choice it would be jatt it is ingrained color and caste it's still there. So when a religion comes along with no caste bias who would not convert I think that is a big reason

Global Defence

Articles