Project P15B Visakhapatnam class destroyer

swapcv

Country flag
When I compare the pictures of Kolkata class and Visakhapatnam class, it is really difficult to differentiate between the two ship classes. Any person if he looks at a Visakhapatnam class Destroyer from Far Away will easily mistaken it for a Kolkata class. And That is a Fact Guys . But there are few Differences between the Two ships. One of them is the design of the Bridge section.
View attachment 119178
(Above pic is of a Kolkata class Destroyer) notice how the bridge of the ship (marked with a red arrow) is square in Shape.

Whereas in Visakhapatnam class Destroyers
(Visakhapatnam class Destroyer pic |below|)
View attachment 119179
The bridge is angled ( marked with green arrow) . This is one such visual difference between the two ship classes. Also Visakhapatnam class Destroyers need less crew than kolkata Class ships because there is more Automation done in Visakhapatnam class Destroyers, I just wanted to note some Differences between the Two ships Good day.

Just like the good ol' days when Vice Adm. Lancelot Holland mistook the Prinz Eugen for Bismarck

swapcv

Country flag
Btw, is there a way we can preserve our DDG strength by giving the Delhi Class an extensive Refit or a MLU using the experience gained on the Kolkata's and Vishakhapatnam's. Ngl, some of her sensors and systems are fast becoming obsolescent.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Btw, is there a way we can preserve our DDG strength by giving the Delhi Class an extensive Refit or a MLU using the experience gained on the Kolkata's and Vishakhapatnam's. Ngl, some of her sensors and systems are fast becoming obsolescent.
I feel like we could to be honest in my opinion, I Feel it is a necessity to give our delhi class ships an extensive refit in my opinion to be honest, we need to keep up our Destroyer strength as much as we can. An extensive refit could be done to our Delhi class Destroyers (DDG) to keep Them in service for atleast 10 years at max. I don't much but I just shared my personal opinion about this.
Mumbai.jpg

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Visakhapatnam_(D66)_-_P15B_destroyer_of_Indian_Navy_during_sea_trials.jpg

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 120918
It is having range of 11000km without Refueling.

IndianHawk

Country flag
We need more P15b destroyers . Atleast 6 more
It's a issue of budget. Each destroyer now a days costs more than a billion dollars.

To catch up with china we need to induct a destroyer every two - three year continuously at the very least .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Or we can get more missile corvette's
They can't do the job of destroyers. Destroyers are all rounders. We need at least 6-8 destroyers just to support 3 carrier battle groups and then destroyers for independent missions.

Navy has now started building frigates which are the size of destroyers. P17a.

We need many more to absolutely dominate IOR.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
They can't do the job of destroyers. Destroyers are all rounders. We need at least 6-8 destroyers just to support 3 carrier battle groups and then destroyers for independent missions.

Navy has now started building frigates which are the size of destroyers. P17a.

We need many more to absolutely dominate IOR.
We actually need to bring down our shipbuilding costs

IndianHawk

Country flag
We actually need to bring down our shipbuilding costs
Not going to happen so long as we are using so many western / russian equipments. They make are ships batter than chinese both in reliability and capabilities but they increase costs. Indegination will help but by that time labour / material costs will rise again.

We need to increase the budget + need to subsidies naval shipbuilding by expanding commercial shipbuilding. That way we develop facilities by funding from commercial orders and same facilities used for navy ships thus saving on infrastructure costs upfront.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles