Project-75I class SSK Submarines

Zebra

Country flag
Any idea for other contenders , taking part in this mid 2012 tender for non-nuclear subs ?

please .

Galaxy

Country flag
Russia to Participate in Indian Navy's Tender with Project Amur-1650

Dec 7th, 2011

Russia will participate in the Indian Navy's tender for non-nuclear submarines with its Project Amur-1650, said Director General of Sevmash shipyard and Rubin Design Bureau Andrei Diachkov.

"Most probably, in mid-2012 India would issue a tender for diesel submarines, and hopefully we would win it. We offer a well-balanced and quite capable sub. I'm talking of Project Amur-1650"³, Diachkov said.

As for him, the submarine is armed with Club-C missile system. "It uses BrahMos missiles jointly developed by Russia and India. We propose to equip Amur-class submarines with such launching tubes", specified the interviewee.

He said that Rubin Design Bureau had already elaborated such project. "We managed to accommodate those missiles in submarine vertically", Diachkov said.

These submarines will be constructed by Admiralteyskie Verfi shipyard under export order by the project designed by Rubin bureau.

The new fourth-generation non-nuclear submarines will have improved performance characteristics. As a result, Amur-1650 became capable to deliver salvo launches at sea surface targets, both single and group ones.

In addition, noisiness level of the new subs has been considerably reduced comparing to subs of the previous generations; submarines will be equipped with new up-to-date radioelectronics, automated steering and combat control system, new all-mode propelling motor and long-life battery.

Surface displacement of Amur-1650-class submarines is 1,765 tons; length is 67 meters; beam is 7 meters; speed is 21 knots; test depth is 300 meters; endurance is 45 days; crew is 35 men.

Russia to Participate in Indian Navy's Tender with Project Amur-1650 >> Naval Today

Patriot

Country flag

Russian submarine has good chances to win tender in India

The new Russian submarine "Amur-1650" is taking part in the tender which India is holding for purchasing and licensed producing 6 non-atomic submarines.Experts say that the Russian submarine has good chances to win.

The "Amur" has already been tested at a plant where it is produced – and found highly battle-worthy. Hydroacoustic cover of the latest generation makes it practically unnoticeable for radars.

"Still, it would be too early to have no doubts that the Russian submarine would win this tender," the Editor-in-Chief of the newspaper "Nezavisimoe Voennoe Obozrenie" ("Independent Military Review") Victor Litovkin says.
he producer of the Russian submarine, a design engineering bureau named "Rubin", has done much to adjust its brainchild to the demands of the Indian navy. The submarine has an energy device of a new generation which can work out energy no matter how long the submarine stays under water (with the energy devices of the older generations, submarines had to regularly rise to the surface to reload their batteries). Besides, they made the submarine especially fit for accommodating the supersonic cruise missiles "BrahMos" (which are a joint production of Russia and India). Thus, the Russian submarine has good chances of winning the tender, though the ones suggested by other competitors, Germany and Sweden, are also highly evaluated by experts.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Russian Sub Amur-1650 to bid for Indian Navy tender

MOSCOW (BNS): Russia's state arms exporter Rosoboronexport has proposed the Project Amur-1650 submarine for the Indian Navy's tender for non-nuclear submarines, a media report said.

In February, Indian Navy has announced to issue an $11 billion global tender in 2011 for the procurement of six next generation submarines.

The Amur-1650 submarine features major advantages over the other submarines. The submarine has the capability to deliver salvo missile attacks from all torpedo tubes against surface and fixed ground targets.

It is installed with a unique sonar system which increases its longer target detection range capability. In addition, Amur 650 could be equipped with the Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) systems on the basis of fuel cells to increase considerably the endurance and cruise range in a submerged state.

"The Amur-1650 submarine project offers a significant advantage. Its powerful and balanced mix of weapons includes anti-ship missiles and the capability to launch them in salvo. It also can handle a task which is new for submarines - the destruction of ground targets with long-range cruise missiles. To date, such missiles are only available in Russia," quoted Igor V. Vilnit, deputy director general and chief engineer of JSC Rubin CDB ME as saying.

The 67 meters long Amur-1650-class submarine has surface displacement of 1,765 tons with a speed is 21 knots.

Last edited:

p2prada

The plan is to build 6 Scorpenes, 6 P-75I and then 12 indigenous subs by 2030.

Boomers don't count in the figure because they are meant for a totally different purpose. SSN, there is no information for now, or possibly even in the near future. So, we can't include Nuclear subs in our estimates.

p2prada

Following subs are in contention;

Germany's U-214 (HDW)
US+Spain's S-80 (Navantia + Lockheed apparently)
Russia+Italy's S1000 (Rubin + Fincantieri)
Russia's Amur (Rosonboronexport)
France's Marlin (DCNS)

That's about all I guess.
Amur is the export name for Lada class.

bhramos

Country flag
Following subs are in contention;

Germany's U-214 (HDW)
US+Spain's S-80 (Navantia + Lockheed apparently)
Russia+Italy's S1000 (Rubin + Fincantieri)
Russia's Amur (Rosonboronexport)
France's Marlin (DCNS)

That's about all I guess.
Amur is the export name for Lada class.
Amur is upgraded Lada Class, and everybody are expecting it be winner, as this has more commonalities with Indian Kilo's.
i also hope it would be the winner.

i think last time french also offered Merlin class!!!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I would prefer the U-214 - I like their specs and trust their manufacturing and delivery. Russians as we have noticed over the last few years, have lost that credibility. They either take too long, or ask for more money later or BOTH!
Also, the HDW U-214 has more endurance, longer range and can go further with AIP.

bhramos

Country flag
I would prefer the U-214 - I like their specs and trust their manufacturing and delivery. Russians as we have noticed over the last few years, have lost that credibility. They either take too long, or ask for more money later or BOTH!
Also, the HDW U-214 has more endurance, longer range and can go further with AIP.
HDW is a black listed company and no chance to select it, and in this UPA Govt, no chance....

pmaitra

Why not prefer the S1000 over the Amur? Apparently, the former is slightly better, although the latter is 'more' tested, perhaps?

S-1000

Amur

Last edited by a moderator:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
pakistan is already in negotiation to get U-214, so forget it :D

Articles