Project 75A class Nuclear Attack Submarine

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
You're coping too hard fella
From my rudimentary understanding lemme tell you how lobbying works
Company A, B and C are pitching their models, obviously only one can be selected, therefore A,B and C will do some "under the table" dealings, the company which can do more, "under the table" dyk polishing will get the deal(I speculate)
Meanwhile our Babus will try to make it stuck between red tapes as long as possible to squeeze out whatever droplets they can of the green papers
Yup i know it well , but here the money have to be given to lnt or mdl as they will be the one to file the rfp bid , not foreign company , now the foreign company has to make offer to lnt or mdl , and if required pay money to them , so that their partnership is selected , so if they give money to direct babu and company don't chose them tgeir bid are dead , no gain in that .

So they will employ double bribe one to be selected as partner ,second that their partner is selected .

But in that case it will lead to too much cost escalation ,which may cost them being thrown out of deal , which is not beneficial for them , so they will most probably chose to be selected without bribe by two companies and pay bribe later to be selected among the two .

But here the technical bid and financial bid are to be provided in single go ,so they don't have much option here .

Chances of delay are lower this time , really i am really disappointed at naval procurement process ,but this one is what i am hopeful for , maybe i am proven wrong or right .

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Yup i know it well , but here the money have to be given to lnt or mdl as they will be the one to file the rfp bid , not foreign company , now the foreign company has to make offer to lnt or mdl , and if required pay money to them , so that their partnership is selected , so if they give money to direct babu and company don't chose them tgeir bid are dead , no gain in that .

So they will employ double bribe one to be selected as partner ,second that their partner is selected .

But in that case it will lead to too much cost escalation ,which may cost them being thrown out of deal , which is not beneficial for them , so they will most probably chose to be selected without bribe by two companies and pay bribe later to be selected among the two .

But here the technical bid and financial bid are to be provided in single go ,so they don't have much option here .

Chances of delay are lower this time , really i am really disappointed at naval procurement process ,but this one is what i am hopeful for , maybe i am proven wrong or right .
I do hope I am wrong 🙂

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars this therad is of Project 75 A then why Project 75 I class is being discussed her for last two Pages?.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars when the Yasen class submarine displacing 11,000 tons cost 60 billion Rubbles to construct then why a 7,000 Tons Indian SSN would cost 10,000 crores as per some member's?. And despite the Russian Submarine's Industry efficiency the difference is too much.

Last edited:

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars when tye Yankees Calls submarine displacing 11,000 tons cost 60 billion rumbles to construct then why a 7,000 Tons Indian SSN would cost 10,000 crores as per some member's?. And despite the Russian Submarine's Industry efficiency the difference is too much.
Yankee class or Yasen class?
Coz the Yankee class was a series of ballastic missile subs built for the Soviet Navy in the 60s and 70s.

sorcerer

Country flag
The 4 Submarines Competing For The Indian Navy's P-75I Program - Naval News
The four contenders are the Barracuda from France, the S-80-Plus from Spain, DSME-3000 from South Korea and Amur design from Russia. Germany had also been a contender but recently said that they dropped out.

Vamsi

Country flag
They should name it chola class, and vessels in that class can be named INS Rajendra Chola, INS Virajendra Chola etc, kings in the Dynasty i mean
Sorry to off topic, mods may move it to appropriate thread

This is the Resting place of Emperor Raja Raja Chola

Now imagine if it was the tomb of some muslim king
My opinion is that it should be named after 6 great kings of Bharat, we can exclude Rajputs because of Rajput class destroyers (P-18 are rumored to be named as Rajput class). We can also exclude Shivaji Maharaj, because we already have INS Shivaji Naval base.
1st 2 boats ,my opinion is INS Raja Raja Chola , INS Krishna Deva Raya

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
My opinion is that it should be named after 6 great kings of Bharat, we can exclude Rajputs because of Rajput class destroyers (P-18 are rumored to be named as Rajput class). We can also exclude Shivaji Maharaj, because we already have INS Shivaji Naval base.
1st 2 boats ,my opinion is INS Raja Raja Chola , INS Krishna Deva Raya
Yes, that too is a fine idea
Maybe we name out vessels after cities as what we did and British did earlier, and still carries it forward as a colonial legacy

Super falcon

Country flag
South Korean KS III Submarines are front runners as they can better communicate with us made Romeo and p 8 posidon aircraft which Korea also uses

WolfPack86

Country flag
Project 75 Alpha
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
For the conventional-attack submarine programme, see Project 75I-class submarine.
The Indian Navy aims to procure new nuclear-powered attack submarines (SSN) under Project 75 Alpha.[2] The Government of India approved the construction of six of such submarines in February 2015.[3] These will be designed by the Navy's in-house Directorate of Naval Design and built in India at the Shipbuilding Centre at Visakhapatnam. The construction is expected to commence on 2023-24 while the first submarine is expected to enter service in 2032.

Since India is a traditional user of Russian nuclear submarines (with INS Chakra on lease) the new domestically built submarines would be third class of SSN operated by Indian navy after leased Charlie I and Akula II-class submarines.[4][5]

Development[edit]
The program to construct and deploy a fleet of nuclear submarines was first envisaged in late 1990s. Patrolling by People's Liberation Army Navy ships further fast-tracked India's naval expansion programs. As per the initial plan, first 4 Arihant class submarines and later much larger S5 class nuclear ballistic missile submarines, and 6 nuclear attack submarines were planned.[6]

The submarines will be powered by a miniature pressurised water reactor (PWR) being developed by the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre which has already supplied a similar 83 MW miniature reactor for the Arihant-class submarine SSBNs.[4]

On 24 June 2019, it was reported that ₹100 crore (US$13 million) have been allocated for the initial phase of the project. The submarines will be designed by Directorate of Naval Design and the development is expected to continue till 2025. Mishra Dhatu Nigam is developing a new hull material that is expected to allow the submarine to dive to deeper depths than Arihant class. A scaled down model of the submarine is planned to be tested first. The total cost of the project is estimated to be around 1 lakh crore (US$13 billion).[7]

In February 2020, The Economic Times reported that the preliminary design phase of the programme has been successfully completed. The report stated that Submarine Design Group of the Directorate of Naval Design, assisted by the DRDO, will now start working on the detailed design and construction phase of the programme.[1]

The Indian Navy has prioritized the construction of Project 75 Alpha submarines over the third aircraft carrier.[8]

Initially three submarines are planned to undergo construction in 2023-24 while the remaining three will get clearance later. The first boat is expected to enter service in 2032.[9] The ship class will have a final design clearance in Gurugram by Submarine Design Group, its nuclear reactor will be built in Kalpakkam, hull fabrication will take place in Hazira and finally assembly and sea trials will be undertaken at the ship-building centre (SBC) in Visakhapatnam.[10]

General characteristics
Class overview
NameProject 75 Alpha
BuildersNavy Shipbuilding Centre, Visakhapatnam
Operators
Indian Navy (Planned)
Cost₹1.2 lakh crore (US$15 billion) total cost[1]
In commission2030s
Planned6
Active0
TypeNuclear powered attack submarine (SSN)
Propulsion1 x CLWR-B2 Compact Light-water reactor 190 MW (250,000 hp)
RangeUnlimited except by food supplies
ArmamentVarunastra heavyweight torpedo, Nirbhay, BrahMos and BrahMos-II land-attack/anti-ship cruise missiles

Super falcon

Country flag
Even defence matrix agreed India may go for Korean or Spanish but u 214 is also possibility India require 12 subs 6 out of those will be korean

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles