Project 75A class Nuclear Attack Submarine

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Propulsions system is not indigenous.
Sir if you have info , can you tell ,do we have any indian manufacturer making electric motor for application in submarine propulsion or big Diesel engine for submarine , with usage to be used in commercial sector like big pump motor for hydroelectric energy and diesel generator for industrial application

Chinmoy

Country flag
Sir if you have info , can you tell ,do we have any indian manufacturer making electric motor for application in submarine propulsion or big Diesel engine for submarine , with usage to be used in commercial sector like big pump motor for hydroelectric energy and diesel generator for industrial application
NMRL is working on the propulsion tech for submarine along with a few incubators. I believe even IIT Chennai is working in the project.
As far as diesel engine for sub is concerned, there is no news of anyone working on it.

And please, drop the Sir tag.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Do we have names for who is responsible for reviewing these orders and contracts and who is responsible for signing them? What is stopping the IITs (who send people to then work for these same international defense organizations) from developing the technology in-house?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Do we have names for who is responsible for reviewing these orders and contracts and who is responsible for signing them? What is stopping the IITs (who send people to then work for these same international defense organizations) from developing the technology in-house?
Sir iit can't design a full scale submarine , nor do they have budget , neither experience .

They can make particular technology required and that too best in class if given budget , like say any construction alloy to reduce weight of specific components ,or software for a particular sensor ,or emitting module for a sensor and so based on paper specs given to them . And they should do so only

Gessler

Country flag
How ?? If deal is signed in 2022 ,and construction starts in 2023 ,we get first submarine in 2028
"if deal is signed in 2022"

Concluding both technical & commercial negotiations and signing deal in 1 year's time? You must be joking.

Till 2025 we won't even decide which one to buy, the technical evaluations will easily take 3-4 years.

After that the commercial bidding and cost negotiations, another 3-4 years if past deals are any indication.

Very unlikely if even the construction of 1st boat will start before 2030, let alone induction.

Shiv Aroor thinks the same:

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
"if deal is signed in 2022"

Concluding both technical & commercial negotiations and signing deal in 1 year's time? You must be joking.

Till 2025 we won't even decide which one to buy, the technical evaluations will easily take 3-4 years.

After that the commercial bidding and cost negotiations, another 3-4 years if past deals are any indication.

Very unlikely if even the construction of 1st boat will start before 2030, let alone induction.

Shiv Aroor thinks the same:

Frustrating much πŸ™‚

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
I am having a different opinion here , rfp is issued to lnt and mdl to submit bids technical and financial bids altogether , maybe process is faster this time
I have no knowledge of how procurement process works in the MoD
In the MHA atleast it is seemless
But Babus do have a holier than thou attitude, I can confirm coz I have interacted with one
They'll lick of whatever wherever they can
Don't take copium,
Fact of the matter remains, our procurement is a joke unless commanders are given Emergency Financial powers

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I have no knowledge of how procurement process works in the MoD
In the MHA atleast it is seemless
But Babus do have a holier than thou attitude, I can confirm coz I have interacted with one
They'll lick of whatever wherever they can
Don't take copium,
Fact of the matter remains, our procurement is a joke unless commanders are given Emergency Financial powers
No doubt in that , but this procurement is under new model , maybe they wanna improve things , i think nobody can comment adequately on this topic till we see next outcome , let the bids come for it

Tactical Doge

Country flag
No doubt in that , but this procurement is under new model , maybe they wanna improve things , i think nobody can comment adequately on this topic till we see next outcome , let the bids come for it
You're coping too hard fella
From my rudimentary understanding lemme tell you how lobbying works
Company A, B and C are pitching their models, obviously only one can be selected, therefore A,B and C will do some "under the table" dealings, the company which can do more, "under the table" dyk polishing will get the deal(I speculate)
Meanwhile our Babus will try to make it stuck between red tapes as long as possible to squeeze out whatever droplets they can of the green papers

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles