Project 75A class Nuclear Attack Submarine

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

So enlarged scorpenes with nuclear reactor is on cards. Not bad at all. I say it's the best way to utilize the infrastructure made for scorpene subs. With all costs sinked in it will keep cost low and more importantly faster delivery. This is some bright thinking from defence ministry bamboos if true.....😊
Another carrier like Charles de Gaule class should be made, would be cheaper.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
We need CATOBAR for such small carrier to get the jets out of the deck . So either we go CATOBAR or go with current Ski Jump model . a CATOBAR based AC won't be cheap for sure to build and operate .
EMALS is not evolved yet, Steam Catapult is the only solution.

Blank

Country flag

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Gessler

Country flag
So much time for first ship , isn't it too much
It is unclear as of yet just how much the SSN will have in common with Arihant.

If it's going to be simply a 'Arihant without missile compartment' design with perhaps a newer version of the 83mwT PWR with higher % enrichment of U, then yes its a pretty long schedule indeed.

But if its going to be a clean sheet design (like a single-hull design as opposed to double-hull of Arihant), then its about right. But I doubt if we can afford to build Russian-style double hulled boats for SSBNs and Western-style single-hulls for SSNs.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Very important development. Still a long way to go. We need big numbers underwater.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
It is unclear as of yet just how much the SSN will have in common with Arihant.

If it's going to be simply a 'Arihant without missile compartment' design with perhaps a newer version of the 83mwT PWR with higher % enrichment of U, then yes its a pretty long schedule indeed.

But if its going to be a clean sheet design (like a single-hull design as opposed to double-hull of Arihant), then its about right. But I doubt if we can afford to build Russian-style double hulled boats for SSBNs and Western-style single-hulls for SSNs.
Well reactor will most probably same as s 5 , and work on s 5 is in advanced phase , they might add vls for cryise missile ,to make commonality with arihant more , design should be more streamlined , refined , heavy design influence might be observed , let their be more jnfo

captscooby81

Country flag
Strategic projects like these would not come out in open so quickly at least not even before the deal is finalised . If i am not wrong @sayareakd quoted 2 year ago that our first SSN is already under construction . I guess first 2 or 3 SSN might be derived from Arihant reactor and may be the next 3 SSN reactors will have some kind of help from Froggies

So much time for first ship , isn't it too much

Blank

Country flag
Revealed: China’s New Super Submarine Dwarfs Typhoon Class

So.... Any counter to that?

Romediablo

Country flag
You haven't read the article have you?

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

Is this true? there is no news on this apart from thus source.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Sometime i think ,what would be the fate of china , at some point of time ,it gonna turn economically unfeasible to support a huge military , they are expanding all three forces as there gonna be a world war , but surprise there are no silos to save their people

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles