Project-75I class SSK Submarines

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Regarding this P75I. It is officially going back to re-release of RFI. Since single vendor is not strict no-go for us.

1. Maybe we can dust out the HDW sub ToT documents and try to upgrade it. ( Something like how our OFB take the Bofors Blueprint suddenly)
2. May be give some additional orders for Kalvari class to sustain the decline of Subs for some years.

Questions
1. Japan uses Li batteries for their subs. What is the difference between the Li battery used in Subs and in a EV ?
2. Does we have ToT for Kilo class or we just bought it from Russia?
Power etc

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Which subs have more chance I think barracuda subs from France
France's Naval Group is offering 2 submarines under project 75(I) to us as of now.
  • 1. A diesel-electric variant of Barracuda-class SSN.
  • 2. enhanced variant of the Scorpene-class submarine
From my "POV", Scorpene-class Probably has better chance than Barracuda. After these 2 submarines, the Russian Amur Class Submarines are probably the best contenders.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
France's Naval Group is offering 2 submarines under project 75(I) to us as of now.
From my "POV", Scorpene-class Probably has better chance than Barracuda. After these 2 submarines, the Russian Amur Class Submarines are probably the best contenders.
I think Scorpene hull is too narrow to accomodate VLS. If VLS , the french product will be a SF Barracuda derivative.

flanker99

Country flag
ok people what is the advantage of vls in submarines than traditional way of launching cruise missile from torpedo tubes....apart from the limited diameter of torpedo tubes?

johnj

Right now SK sub meets IN requirements, but its tech not as advanced like others. France & Russia consider/wanting a jv to meets IN requirements.

flanker99

Country flag
Rapid fire, salvo fire, carry more, carry large ones.
agree with most but i think more than one missiles can be launched from torpedo tubes at the same time so salvo fire shouldnt be a problem but i could be wrong.....disagree with "carry more" A vls will take up space that can be other wise be used to store more missile or torps

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Amur 950 shows it can carry 10 BrahMos in VLS . So we can assume , same can be done with Amur 1650 too. So we can assume , along with 10 tube launched missiles 10 VLS also can be carried.
Amur class is no longer being offered.
Russia is only offering Project 636.3 Improved Kilo class submarines alongside the 3+3 offer.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
ok people what is the advantage of vls in submarines than traditional way of launching cruise missile from torpedo tubes....apart from the limited diameter of torpedo tubes?
The rate of fire. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to refil a torpedo tube (with a torpedo, a cruise missile, an Exocet...), and even when you have 6 tubes, 2 are always filled with torpedoes for self defense. Remain 4....
And the 4 can be refilled at the same time.
With VLS, you can fire all in a couple of minutes. It's stealthier to fire all in a short time.

johnj

agree with most but i think more than one missiles can be launched from torpedo tubes at the same time so salvo fire shouldnt be a problem but i could be wrong.....disagree with "carry more" A vls will take up space that can be other wise be used to store more missile or torps
Torpedo tubes can use to salvo fire, but need to load first, upto 4/6 missile wrt tubes. carry more, right, but I'm only saying about missile, it like 64 vls 128 vls in a ship, and vls take space.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles