Project-75I class SSK Submarines

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Why we are going after VLS system for brahmos.
Can't we use torpedo tubes for it like klub class missiles.
Means 3 torpedo tubes for torpedos and other for just brahmos

Anupu

Country flag
Why we are going after VLS system for brahmos.
Can't we use torpedo tubes for it like klub class missiles.
Means 3 torpedo tubes for torpedos and other for just brahmos
Brahmos is too big.............................................

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Brahmos is too big.............................................
But 3M54K Club-S class missiles are 8.2m and diameter 0.533 can be fires from kilo class submarines.
Can't we fire brahmos from advanced kilo class with a length of 8.5 m and diameter 0.6m?
Why going for new submarine with huge costs we can atleast buy 12-16 submarines for 8 billion $

Gessler

Country flag
But 3M54K Club-S class missiles are 8.2m and diameter 0.533 can be fires from kilo class submarines.
Can't we fire brahmos from advanced kilo class with a length of 8.5 m and diameter 0.6m?
Why going for new submarine with huge costs we can atleast buy 12-16 submarines for 8 billion $
The torpedo tubes have a diameter of 533mm so anything bigger is certainly not going to fit.

We are not going for the new submarines (P-75I) for the express purpose of launching BrahMos from them. The only important thing about P-75I is the AIP fitment which current Scorpenes don't have. Even then, I'm in favor of cancelling P75I and just buying 6-9 more Scorpenes, but this time with either the DRDO AIP or MESMA-II.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
The torpedo tubes have a diameter of 533mm so anything bigger is certainly not going to fit.

We are not going for the new submarines (P-75I) for the express purpose of launching BrahMos from them. The only important thing about P-75I is the AIP fitment which current Scorpenes don't have. Even then, I'm in favor of cancelling P75I and just buying 6-9 more Scorpenes, but this time with either the DRDO AIP or MESMA-II.
I know the diameter of torpedo is smaller than brahmos....what i'm saying is 3 torpedo tubes and three brahmos tubes for submarine

Gessler

Country flag
I know the diameter of torpedo is smaller than brahmos....what i'm saying is 3 torpedo tubes and three brahmos tubes for submarine
It's pointless. Torpedos are the most important weapon of a submarine, missiles are secondary. The torpedo cavities are designed to accommodate a 533mm tube. You have you tear up the whole front section if you want to do any remodeling.

By the time such a modification is built, tested & certified....the BrahMos-NG version currently in development (which can fit in any 533mm tube) would be ready for production anyway - so you would have done all that for nothing.

Zebra

Country flag

Home grown subs, good idea for future though.

When India can build frigates at home, still this useless govt gone all mad for buying from Russia, that to at the price of $ one billion each.

But now Navy needs more subs immediately, then govt do not wants to buy it from Japan or Sweden.

Zebra

Country flag
^^

Still zombie Modi is careless about Indian defence.

Bahamut

Home grown subs, good idea for future though.

When India can build frigates at home, still this useless govt gone all mad for buying from Russia, that to at the price of $ one billion each.

But now Navy needs more subs immediately, then govt do not wants to buy it from Japan or Sweden.
I heard from my naval source that P 75i is going to be an Indian design ,although there is co operation from Russia and France to help in design and get technology .

DBF1954

In Turkey they get six such modern German submarines for about 2.2 billion US dollars while India will probaby only get one... if they ever get them. No excuses needed to explain such a difference.

On 1 July 2011, the 2 billion euros order for six U 214 submarine material packages placed with ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems by Turkey entered into force with receipt of the advance payment. This enabled ThyssenKrupp to begin executing the order. The order was designated to contribute to securing employment at HDW in Kiel, as well as at many subcontractors in Germany and Turkey, for the next ten years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_214_submarine

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
I heard from my naval source that P 75i is going to be an Indian design ,although there is co operation from Russia and France to help in design and get technology .
Don't lie, dear..How you know someone in the Naval HQ, who also part of the P75I project.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
In Turkey they get six such modern German submarines for about 2.2 billion US dollars while India will probaby only get one... if they ever get them. No excuses needed to explain such a difference.

On 1 July 2011, the 2 billion euros order for six U 214 submarine material packages placed with ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems by Turkey entered into force with receipt of the advance payment. This enabled ThyssenKrupp to begin executing the order. The order was designated to contribute to securing employment at HDW in Kiel, as well as at many subcontractors in Germany and Turkey, for the next ten years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_214_submarine

The P75I is something huge, comes with VLS, spec ops delivery vehicle,

airtel

Country flag
Turkey is not revealing the true cost please check the Australian Submarine deal .

DBF1954

I think if a design is good enough for Germany, Israel, Portugal, South Korea and many other nations it should be sufficient for India. Trying "at all cost" to build a unique submarine carries a big price tag and Australia makes the same mistake for a second time.

The actual and final price for such a German submarine can be checked from various previous deals. And those are boats which swim and dive and exist not just on a promotional presentation given to some greedy politicians.

Bahamut

Don't lie, dear..How you know someone in the Naval HQ, who also part of the P75I project.
My family members and friends are in armed forces so I meet People who are involved in making requirement for these project

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles