Project-75I class SSK Submarines

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Now we have state of art AIP technology. We have metallurgy , we have state of art Sonars, we have our own Torpedoes, we have our own super sonic cruise missile capable of being fired from Submarine. We shall need very few things in technology transfer. I do not know what else shall they offer which we do not have. I think at this stage, it is too late to go for tendering now. We should go on our own by choosing any good company as the consultant. At this level of technology maturity, tendering doesn't make any sense. Repeated order of scorpene with some changes may be more useful. This would have made some sense a decade ago.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Now we have state of art AIP technology. We have metallurgy , we have state of art Sonars, we have our own Torpedoes, we have our own super sonic cruise missile capable of being fired from Submarine. We shall need very few things in technology transfer. I do not know what else shall they offer which we do not have. I think at this stage, it is too late to go for tendering now. We should go on our own by choosing any good company as the consultant. At this level of technology maturity, tendering doesn't make any sense. Repeated order of scorpene with some changes may be more useful. This would have made some sense a decade ago.
The silent service is in the same state as squadron numbers. DRDO ran out of time for SSKs. Their developments will not go to waste with the indigenous nuke programme.

Bhurki

Considering how everyone is dropping out I think it is already decided. It will be an extended Scorpene with DRDO AIP.
Not sure they'll be comfortable to include a non matured tech as Indian AIP on a system that is right around the corner.
The AIP might have become functional but it takes long to test and integrate.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Not sure they'll be comfortable to include a non matured tech as Indian AIP on a system that is right around the corner.
The AIP might have become functional but it takes long to test and integrate.
All six Scorpenes are to be refitted with indigenous AIP. The designs have already been completed, it is just a matter of execution. The dimensions are the same as one equipped with MESMA AIP.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Sir, maybe in form of ELECTRONIC systems.
Is India developing optronic mast?
French are our ticket for electronic warfare under the sea.
The biggest question is WHEN WILL THIS DRAMA END AND THEY START REAL PROCESS OF SELECTING submarine.

learn from failures

It is better to go for more scorpene submarines. Project 75i does'nt make any sense at all it is waste of time and money.
Exactly.... ordering more scorpeans and concentrating on homemade nuclear submarines is only the best solution.... P75I doesn't make any sense as with the speed it's progressing we will have outdated submarines by 2030 or ahead when it arrives

WolfPack86

Country flag
Make in India tops Rajnath agenda in Russia, Moscow to pitch for P75I submarine deal
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has a packed agenda in Russia as he began a three-day visit Tuesday. Singh is set to focus on ‘Make in India’ as Moscow pitches for a government-to-government deal for Project 75 India (P75I) to build six new conventional submarines and a more detailed upgrade of Russia’s frontline fighter aircraft Su30 MKI than what is being planned by IAF.

Accompanied by several Indian businesspersons, Singh will co-chair the 19th India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military and Military Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-M&MTC) in Moscow.

India and Russia will also focus on firming up the Agreement on Reciprocal Logistics Support (ARLS), allowing both nations to access each other’s military bases and facilities for logistics support, including fuel and supplies.

The defence minister will further review the progress of two mega deals that were signed between India and Russia — construction of two frigates for the Indian Navy and supply of S400 Triumf air defence systems, sources said.

Russian is expected to push for a contract to manufacture the much-awaited Kamov 226T light helicopters in India too. While technical details of the chopper project have been worked out, the contract of a HAL-Kamov combine is yet to be awarded.

Singh will hold detailed discussions with his Russian counterpart, Sergei Shoigu, on areas of military-to-military and defence industrial cooperation. He will also inaugurate the India-Russia Defence Industry Cooperation Conference along with Denis Manturov, the Russian minister of industry and trade.

Russia eyes Su30 upgrade, P75I ::

Russia has been eyeing the Indian Navy’s mega P75I initiative, worth around Rs 80,000 crore, and will pitch for a joint design and production plan via a government-to-government agreement.

Highly placed sources have told ThePrint that Russia will raise the matter during discussion with Singh. Moscow’s proposal tells how “India needs better submarines than the French-made Scorpene” — which the Indian Navy is in the process of inducting.

Russia wants to use its new Lada class submarines (the export version of which is called Amur), built by the Admiralty Shipyard, as a prototype for the design and construction of the new submarines.

It will also propose an elaborate upgrade of the Su-30 MKI aircraft, to be called the Super Sukhois. The country has already submitted a proposal for it even as the Indian Air Force (IAF) is looking at a more functional upgrade, keeping in mind the cost of production and time required for it.

India plans to upgrade its fleet of Su-30 MKIs with more advanced avionics, radars and weapons. The IAF is eyeing a new computer system for greater weapon control and integration of new missiles and PGMs (precision-guided munitions). The force is also looking to integrate more non-Russian missiles.

Defence Minister Singh may visit Russian defence production facilities in and around St Petersburg, including the production facility of the S400 system.
http://www.defencenews.in/article/M...oscow-to-pitch-for-P75I-submarine-deal-757804

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
So defense minister went to Russia to import the junk submarines.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

uoftotaku

Country flag
Why does the value increase by 10000 crore everytime the project is mentioned? Is it some kind of a inside joke?
$11.5B for 6 conv subs!!
Because the actual budget has never been publicly declared. The tender is still only at Technical RFI stage so no commercial information has been sought. Presstitues happily throw around random numbers

Why so serious?

Country flag
Indian Navy, Ministry of Defence in a tussle over biggest submarine project
At the centre of the controversy is the Rs 45,000-cr submarine contest for the Navy—referred to as P 75I—that will see the winning Indian entity producing six submarines domestically with a foreign technology partner. The contract is being process...
By Manu Pubby, ET Bureau | Updated: Jan 14, 2020, 06.20 PM IST

Agencies
The biggest shipbuilding plan under the strategic partnership model is expected to see the state owned MDL as the front runner.
NEW DELHI: A tussle has erupted over the biggest ‘Make in India’ project after the navy refrained from going ahead with a joint public-private bid while the defence ministry has emphasised that such teaming arrangements should be considered, as per procurement guidelines.

At the centre of the controversy is the Rs 45,000-cr submarine contest for the Navy—referred to as P 75I—that will see the winning Indian entity producing six submarines domestically with a foreign technology partner. The contract is being processed under the ‘strategic partnership model’.

Sources told ET that after an examination of financial records and manufacturing facilities, the navy’s empowered committee has shortlisted two Indian entities that would qualify to bid for the project—state-owned Mazagaon Docks Ltd and private sector giant Larsen and Toubro—both of which have considerable experience in shipbuilding.

On the other hand, all five foreign technology collaborators who applied have been cleared to take part in the competition.
ADVERTISEMENT

However, a third bid that was jointly made by Adani Defence and state-owned Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL) has not been cleared on the grounds that administrative permissions are not in place for the joint venture that responded to the competitive process.

ADVERTISEMENT
This has emerged as a point of contention, with the Department of Defence Production, under which HSL operates, asking the navy that the HSL-Adani bid also be considered for examination. The department has recommended this on the basis of procurement rules that state that cooperative arrangements between public and private sector companies should be considered.

At the same time, the department has confirmed that the proposal for the formation of a JV by HSL with Adani has been received and is under consideration by the ministry. The letter to the navy is believed to have been issued after the matter was raised by HSL-Adani.

ADVERTISEMENT
The tussle has put the ministry in a unique position. At one hand, procurement rules and past precedence rules state that whenever possible, the widest possible competition needs to be ensured, to arrive at the most competitive pricing. On the other hand, the committee for shortlisting of Indian partners has hit on a technical point that was enshrined in the procurement bid issued by it.

The matter is now expected to land up at the defence ministry’s decision-taking body on procurement that is scheduled to meet at the end of this week.

The biggest shipbuilding plan under the strategic partnership model is expected to see the state owned MDL as the front runner

captscooby81

Country flag
They don't want private defence industry either, they just want to import so that they can keep eating commissions they are the masters of defence deal commissions started from Bofors in 80s

Bloody congressi. They don't want adani , they don't want ambani either. Who the hell will create private defence industry ?? Pappus jija??

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles