Project-75I class SSK Submarines

WolfPack86

Country flag
I think Amur class submarine going to win context because it has cability to launch brahmos missile and also advance sonar, electronics and weapons. Since India has already operating kilo class submarine. It is natural win contest but i am not supporting Russians and healthy contest is best for India.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
We need numbers now more than anything else, i still think we are barking up the wrong tree trying to buy six examples of some Uber modern Wunderwaffe. What we need to do is buy twelve Kilos off the Shelf while building four more Scorpene in India.

nirranj

Country flag
I think we should go for 6 more scorpenes and 6 more kilo with vls before going for 75i. This will make our underwater fleet armed to the task. So in total by 2025,

Scorpenes = 12
New kilo = 6
Refurbished
Kilo = 6

Total. =24

While adding these new boats we should concentrate on designing and developing a new indegenous class submarine which will be futuristic and serve our needs post 2025. So Post 2025 we can start building a brand new indigenous class ssk.
Going for a new foreign design makes no sense for project 75i.

So by 2035 we should have,

Scorpenes = 12
Kilo = 6
Indian ssk.= 12
Total. = 30

This numbers backed with 6-12 SSN+SSG will give us the necessary muscle to dominate Indian ocean region.

Kharavela

Country flag
I think we should go for 6 more scorpenes and 6 more kilo with vls before going for 75i. This will make our underwater fleet armed to the task. So in total by 2025,

Scorpenes = 12
New kilo = 6
Refurbished
Kilo = 6

Total. =24

While adding these new boats we should concentrate on designing and developing a new indegenous class submarine which will be futuristic and serve our needs post 2025. So Post 2025 we can start building a brand new indigenous class ssk.
Going for a new foreign design makes no sense for project 75i.

So by 2035 we should have,

Scorpenes = 12
Kilo = 6
Indian ssk.= 12
Total. = 30

This numbers backed with 6-12 SSN+SSG will give us the necessary muscle to dominate Indian ocean region.
Congratulations to RM Parrikar & MoD for continuity of Scorpene production line as well as up-gradation of skill set acquired by MDL. I agree with you that, MDL would continue for atleast 6 more boats in addition to present 6 under production. Hence, total numbers of INS Kalvary class boats would be 12 by 2025.
Private Shipyards should build atleast 12 new as well as refurbished Kilo boats to bolster underwater capability by 2025.
HSL should play the role of integrator to build 12 SSN & SSGN with private shipyards producing the components. Assuming all these programs on track, we could have 36 submarines by 2025.

Sent from my InFocus M2_3G using Tapatalk

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
We can easily build up a fleet of 44 submarines by 2025 and a fleet of 50+ boats by 2035. We need to be pragmatic and act today to fill immediate goals rather than wait to select an underwater wunderwaffe that may take more time to come than we may have !
My plan is simply to extend the scorpenes line to ten boats while buying 20 kilos off the shelf by scrapping P75I. While simultaneously upgrading eight older kilos. We can continue on a 15 yr plan to develop our SSK from this year.this SSK should be ready for mass production by 2030 latest.

By 2025 our fleet should be at least 44 boats strong with
26-28 kilos
10 scorpenes
1-2 akula
4 Arihant
2 indigenous SSN

By 2035 we should have
20 kilos
10 scorpenes
6 indigenous SSN
4 Arihant
4 Arihant follow on class SSBN
6-8 Indigenous SSN
6 Indigenous SSK

I.e. 56 submarines!

In our overtly zealous pursuit of gold plated greatness we forget that numbers are often the great leveller.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Vietnam bought six kilos for 1.8$billion in 2009, extrapolation from there says that out 8$billion P75I fund can buy us 20 kilos at least ( after adjustment for inflation).

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
26-28 kilos
10 scorpenes
1-2 akula
4 Arihant
2 indigenous SSN

By 2035 we should have
20 kilos
10 scorpenes
6 indigenous SSN
4 Arihant
6-8 Indigenous SSN
6 Indigenous SSK
Looks over estimated ..!! after 2035 we may have 24 SSK [ Scorpene + P 75 I + Kilo's ] Some 6-8 Indigenous SSN , 2 Akula if we buy those sub's after the 10 year lease expires, and four SSBN only

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Looks over estimated ..!! after 2035 we may have 24 SSK [ Scorpene + P 75 I + Kilo's ] Some 6-8 Indigenous SSN , 2 Akula if we buy those sub's after the 10 year lease expires, and four SSBN only
You're considering six boats of P 75I ,The numbers I'm quoting are acquirable after cancelling P75I and using the 8$billion to buy 20 kilos off the shelf.

NLD

We can easily build up a fleet of 44 submarines by 2025 and a fleet of 50+ boats by 2035. We need to be pragmatic and act today to fill immediate goals rather than wait to select an underwater wunderwaffe that may take more time to come than we may have !
My plan is simply to extend the scorpenes line to ten boats while buying 20 kilos off the shelf by scrapping P75I. While simultaneously upgrading eight older kilos. We can continue on a 15 yr plan to develop our SSK from this year.this SSK should be ready for mass production by 2030 latest.

26-28 kilos
10 scorpenes
1-2 akula
4 Arihant
2 indigenous SSN

By 2035 we should have
20 kilos
10 scorpenes
6 indigenous SSN
4 Arihant
6-8 Indigenous SSN
6 Indigenous SSK

I.e. 56 submarines!

In our overtly zealous pursuit of gold plated greatness we forget that numbers are often the great leveller.

Sir, What u have said i think is a very good idea…
But what i think is why to go to older kilos???
What you said about scorpene is to go for additional 4 of them which means approx additional 2billion$.
So if we add it to P75I it makes total of 10$ billion.
I think instead of 4 go to 6 further scorpene subs which will cost another 3billion$.
So we will be left with 7billion.
Instead of moving to older kilos what if we get into amur class subs??
It has 2 versions buy both of them 7…7each.
It gives us 20 subs instead of 24 and i feel if we agree to get 4 subs less we would get next gen subs compared to old kilos.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@NLD each Amur costs nearly 450$million for the Russians, we should be able to buy one for 600 $million. The 8 billion$ we have from P75I would buy us around 10Amur . So yes it could be done.
Why I chose KILOs was simple. There is no better submarine to modify according to our needs today and it's cheap .We need numbers without compromising too much on technology and the KILO fits the bill better than anything else in the water.

NLD

@NLD each Amur costs nearly 450$million for the Russians, we should be able to buy one for 600 $million. The 8 billion$ we have from P75I would buy us around 10Amur . So yes it could be done.
Why I chose KILOs was simple. There is no better submarine to modify according to our needs today and it's cheap .We need numbers without compromising too much on technology and the KILO fits the bill better than anything else in the water.
Oh 600million$ per sub???
Then better going to kilos itself.
As per the info of wikipedia scorpene costs 450million$/sub and we are buying it for 500million$/sub.
So i thought the same way as even amur is said it costs 450million$ for India it would also cost 500million$.
Considering this i said it…if an amur cost 600million$ then yeah we have to go to older kilos itself so that we could maintain atleast numbers as you said.
But if India gets it for 500million$ as i thought then goin to amur against kilos would be a good choice i think.
One more thing thank you for correcting me.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Amur class submarine is cheaper and main advantage is Brahmos Missile. While Scorpene Submarine is good in electronics and AIP.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

26-28 kilos
10 scorpenes
1-2 akula
4 Arihant
2 indigenous SSN

By 2035 we should have
20 kilos
10 scorpenes
6 indigenous SSN
4 Arihant
6-8 Indigenous SSN
6 Indigenous SSK

I.e. 56 submarines!

We can have 50+ subs by 2035 but not more than 25 till 2025.

Anupu

Country flag
Japs are such a tease... :basanti:.... offering Soryu to Australia. Jokes aside, what do you guys think, is it because of cost, or because they won't agree to a licensed production, or because we are still fence siting on china (at least according to them)?

Last edited:

Superdefender

Japs are such a tease... :basanti:.... offering Soryu to Australia. Jokes aside, what do you guys think, is it because of cost, or because they won't agree to a licensed production, or because we are still fence siting on china (at least according to them)?
Soryu is the best in Asia. By giving India, they will lose the edge. Where as Aus is not a military power.

Anupu

Country flag
Soryu is the best in Asia. By giving India, they will lose the edge. Where as Aus is not a military power.
I think it's more to do with price Aussies are buying it for 12 approx. $4.5 billion a piece. P-75I is worth $8 Billion for 6

Superdefender

I think it's more to do with price Aussies are buying it for 12 approx. $4.5 billion a piece. P-75I is worth $8 Billion for 6
Soryu is very advanced, so more costly. Had Japs given us those, our P-75I total budget would have increased more.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Uh ? Australia not buying Soryu yet . DCNS and ThyssenKrupp still in the race.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles