Project 28 A / Next Generation Corvette (NGC)

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
I just wanna say that as per displacement of Kamorta Class stealth corvettes, the armament is insufficient which is a great concern for the Navy as being the modern corvette but under armed as compared to its counterparts like Turkish Ada Class of MILGEM Project, Type 056/056A of PLA Navy & Braunschweig Class of the Germany Navy, Khareef Class & Qahir Class of the Royal Navy of Oman & Sigma Corvettes of the Indonesian Navy, etc. India needs to arm these warships with modern & more effective weapons. Kamorta Class with displacement of about 3,300 Tonnes is close to many frigates around the world like the MEKO-200 Series of frigates but least armed. Kamorta Class has an option for BARAK 1 & 8 SAM but it is still unclear whether they gonna get integrated in these warships. The ship still incomplete & needs to be equipped at it's full potential.
The Navy wants the Kamorta class corvette to be a purely ASW corvette and not a multirole corvette.
The biggest problem is that the weapons meant for it are still under-development.
Barak 8 is not an option due to its high cost(32 Barak 8 missiles cost as much as the Kamorta).
Barak-1 is quite old now, no point in integrating it with a supposedly next generation corvette.
It will be a few years until VL-SRSAM is in service with the Indian Navy.
SMART will have to be scaled down to a 50-100km variant to reduce its overall size so that it can be integrated into the Kamorta hull, that is still a few years away as it still has to complete a series of developmental and user trials.

Willy3

Country flag
I like the design of Italian commendenti class of ship, though designated as OPV in Italian navy, an extended version of it around 2000 tonne will be a great future Corvette with ocean worthy endurance.
images (1).jpeg

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
I think area in blue have area to fit 4*4 surface to air fleet in both side so 32 small VLS.

And purple box should be fitted with 2*4 brahmos, there it's a world class ASW Frigate.

View attachment 83027
The blue area will house VLS cells for VL-SRSAM, possibly 16-24 in number.
The pink area will likely get VLS cells for a scaled down SMART or inclined SMART launchers.
The Navy wants these ships to be dedicated ASW corvettes, the integration of AsuW capabilities seems unlikely.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I think area in blue have area to fit 4*4 surface to air fleet in both side so 32 small VLS.

And purple box should be fitted with 2*4 brahmos, there it's a world class ASW Frigate.

View attachment 83027
Ya'll Nibbiars increase size adds better sensors and with 32 VLS you get a light frigate class.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Is the gun indigenous

Things i noted about it

1 radar is by lrde so indigenous ,ngd and ngf will sport indigenous radar .

2.mussile is brahmos /drdl so it could be brahmos +some other too .

As rfi included sam too ,so most probably either it's not visible or the vls will be uvls type

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The above shared drdo Design Haven't shown sam yet
isn't it the case that DRDO doesn't design Indian navy ships?
my understanding is that Indian Navy's Directorate of Naval Design in conjunction with the ship builder usually propose the design.

anyways is this tender even going forward? it's been 6 years and no news about it in between.

and apart from top speed, major difference between this boat and NGMV is

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 7.13.23 PM.png

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
isn't it the case that DRDO doesn't design Indian navy ships?
my understanding is that Indian Navy's Directorate of Naval Design in conjunction with the ship builder usually propose the design.

anyways is this tender even going forward? it's been 6 years and no news about it in between.

and apart from top speed, major difference between this boat and NGMV is

View attachment 92949
Dnd Design ship with help of drdo .

Components are from drdo ,well this one is new right ? @FalconSlayers .

Delays might be due to funding and all

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
纳瓦霍民族主席:医疗体系的差异促成了COVID-19对美洲原住民的影响

#Bannon
#DrLiMengYan1
#闫丽梦
#郭文贵
#班农
#LiMengYan
#COVID19
#YanLiMeng
#亚裔歧视
#Ethnicity
#CCP
#GenocideGames
@ezsasa

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars this thread is about the NGC not the NGMV.
What's the difference Halde ?
Both are corvette's , aren't they ? They could have added some kh 35 anti ship missiles on kamorta class also , but nobody why they didn't !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles