Project 28 A / Next Generation Corvette (NGC)

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The six new stealth "Next Generation Corvettes" that will join the Indian Navy by the next decade will be armed with anti-ship missiles probably BrahMos.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The six new stealth "Next Generation Corvettes" that will join the Indian Navy by the next decade will be armed with anti-ship missiles probably BrahMos.
I guess you are confusing Next Generation Corvette(NGC) project with Next Generation Missile Vessels(NGMV).
AFAIK, both are different projects.
NGC will likely be an extension of the existing Kamorta class corvettes while the NGMV will purely be ASuW corvettes.

Haldilal

Country flag
I guess you are confusing Next Generation Corvette(NGC) project with Next Generation Missile Vessels(NGMV).
NGC will likely be an extension of the existing Kamorta class corvettes while the NGMV will purely be ASuW corvettes.
Ya'll Nibbiars Next Generation Corvette could have a Mini SMART onboard.

Willy3

Country flag
Don't think so that NGCs will be any thing based on Kamorta, the requirement already restricted NGCs displacement within 2000-2500 tonne.

Defensotalks

Country flag
I just wanna say that as per displacement of Kamorta Class stealth corvettes, the armament is insufficient which is a great concern for the Navy as being the modern corvette but under armed as compared to its counterparts like Turkish Ada Class of MILGEM Project, Type 056/056A of PLA Navy & Braunschweig Class of the Germany Navy, Khareef Class & Qahir Class of the Royal Navy of Oman & Sigma Corvettes of the Indonesian Navy, etc. India needs to arm these warships with modern & more effective weapons. Kamorta Class with displacement of about 3,300 Tonnes is close to many frigates around the world like the MEKO-200 Series of frigates but least armed. Kamorta Class has an option for BARAK 1 & 8 SAM but it is still unclear whether they gonna get integrated in these warships. The ship still incomplete & needs to be equipped at it's full potential.

Haldilal

Country flag
I just wanna say that as per displacement of Kamorta Class stealth corvettes, the armament is insufficient which is a great concern for the Navy as being the modern corvette but under armed as compared to its counterparts like Turkish Ada Class of MILGEM Project, Type 056/056A of PLA Navy & Braunschweig Class of the Germany Navy, Khareef Class & Qahir Class of the Royal Navy of Oman & Sigma Corvettes of the Indonesian Navy, etc. India needs to arm these warships with modern & more effective weapons. Kamorta Class with displacement of about 3,300 Tonnes is close to many frigates around the world like the MEKO-200 Series of frigates but least armed. Kamorta Class has an option for BARAK 1 & 8 SAM but it is still unclear whether they gonna get integrated in these warships. The ship still incomplete & needs to be equipped at it's full potential.
Ya'll Nibbiars The NGC will definitely wight around 3,000 Tonnea but will be heavily now with the varieties of the weapons.

Willy3

Country flag
I believe that during MLU we going to fit them with 2* quad of brahmos like ASM are fitted in paki Type 53A , facing bothway middle of the hull.

They could be great addition as frigates in our battle plan with their size and endurance.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles