P-18/Next Generation Destroyer class (NGD)

shade

Country flag
btw how many years does it take for an IN ship to go from planning to induction? 20 years?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I was thinking , that can't we reduce numbers of 15b class from 4 to 2 or at best 3 and then direct the capital and other resources for project 18.
But project 18 should be indian Yamato
We already launched the hulls of the four Project 15B class Destroyers.

Haldilal

Country flag
I think the last one, ins porbandar is in starting phase , why not make it a project 18 class , it has not been launched yet like vishakgapatnam or mormugao
Ya'll Nibbiars I think it was going to be launched this year but got delayed due to the Kung Flu Crises.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ok it takes 10 years, atleast that's what Kolkata class took, from planning to commissioning in IN, ship gets ready in 5 years trials take another 5 years I think.
INS kolkata was another story. INS Visakhapatnam was laid in late 2013 and would be inducted within five to sic year but got delayed due to the damn foreign supplier and Kung Flu Virus. But now most of the Sub and important systems can be build in the domestic. So we can easily say it to be inducted fast. Then see the fast development of the Project 17 B since it was laid in late 2017 it already on the commission in early 2022. The modular construction, Inhouse design and Important system be Indigenous has made the construction of the naval vessels faster.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Someone took defenceupdate site too seriously on it.

PROJECT 18:INDIA’S NEXT GENERATION DESTROYER

Project-18 class destroyers will have following armaments
Ballistic missiles and hypersonic Bramhos-II:
The next generation of point missile defense capable of launching Brahmos II will be worked upon.

The Electromagnetic Railgun:

Electromagnetic gun replacing the famed Otobreda of Indian Navy, will be supported with laser based CIWS, in works in LASTEC of DRDO. The warship will be deployed with 300 kW of laser system, capable of shooting down the aerial threats. The planned CIWS will draw inspiration from the present Phalnax CIWS and have its own radar. Indian Army has also expressed interests in the project, for it wishes to mount laser based systems on its combat vehicles. Additionally, the warship will also be equipped with small 100 kW laser based weapon systems with faster charging rates and continuous rate of application.

Laser-based CIWS

It is being developed by DRDO’s Laser Science and Technology Centre, Delhi will employ 300 kW of laser system enough to take out any aerial threat. It will have its own radar. In addition, the warship will have a smaller 100kW laser too.
I mean, SERIOUSLY????

Haldilal

Country flag
Someone took defenceupdate site too seriously on it.

I mean, SERIOUSLY????
Ya'll Nibbiars Bharmos 2 believable, even rail gun is believable if the Destroyers has Intergated Electric Propulsion. But CIWS Laser? Some body is cooking pulao made in dreams. :pound:

Haldilal

Country flag
Among all, only BRAHMOS-2 is realistic. Not even the Rail-Gun.
Ya actually I meant the railguns as upgrade not as built as. But yes Bharmos 2 is highly likely to be Intergated with the Project 18 Class Destroyers.

Akula

Country flag
INS kolkata was another story. INS Visakhapatnam was laid in late 2013 and would be inducted within five to sic year but got delayed due to the damn foreign supplier and Kung Flu Virus. But now most of the Sub and important systems can be build in the domestic. So we can easily say it to be inducted fast. Then see the fast development of the Project 17 B since it was laid in late 2017 it already on the commission in early 2022. The modular construction, Inhouse design and Important system be Indigenous has made the construction of the naval vessels faster.
One of the reason is late order of 127mm Bae naval guns from Indian Navy. P-17B frigates will receive them on time but P-15B destroyer will not. Additional weapon or system procurement should move parallel with ship construction. Modular construction will surely help in commissioning Navy ship faster.

shade

Country flag
I wonder when we will actually be using these weapon platforms... Not just operating, using, for its intended purpose.
Never lol, that's what the babooze, polticos and top brass think.
Which is why the production of these platforms is on a chalta hai basis, and the funding is unreliable.
And there is an abiding love for imports.

Meanwhile you have ching chongs who will use all their military materiel at some point in the future, shedding the Sun Tchu cowardice doctrine and switching to Big Stick and Gunboat diplomacy eventually.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
the true legendary IOWA class battleship. Nothing can survive those 16' inch guns. it fires 1 ton projectile 40 km away.

we need similar kind of battleship but those 16 inches be replaced with rail guns.

1603374392559.png

Haldilal

Country flag
the true legendary IOWA class battleship. Nothing can survive those 16' inch guns. it fires 1 ton projectile 40 km away.

we need similar kind of battleship but those 16 inches be replaced with rail guns.

View attachment 64002
How about this but with Rail Guns.
images (31).jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles