Posting Incorrect Maps of India on DFI

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The government is contemplating new law which will punish people for publishing Maps of India that are not correct. 1-100Cr fine and up to 7 years in jail is being proposed.

While we in DFI have been trying our best to make sure such maps are not posted on the forum, it's possible that such maps might slip our attention as we have many posters on the forum with hundreds of posts being posted daily.

It is better for members to be diligent about the maps they post. Most times Google results will show wrong maps of India especially with respect to Jammu & Kashmir.
DFI members are requested to check on it and find alternatives that depict the proper boundaries of India before they post.

DFI Admins, Staff take no responsibility of individual members posting incorrect maps of India. We will delete such maps if it comes to our attention or brought to our attention. Request members to report posts with such maps so that they can be deleted by staff.

If required, we will provide any information required by authorities if members post incorrect maps of India once the new law is passed. Request members to start being diligent right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I suggest an automatic ban for the member . Any information requested of that member Ip,email etc should also be given.
Hello, if I found funny maps (paper work by neighbors with fun), should I post that or not?
I will add a disclaimer that map is false.
There has been the claims of a nation by some genocides inside India. So, posting maps of them.
Is that too is prohibited?

pmaitra

Hello, if I found funny maps (paper work by neighbors with fun), should I post that or not?
There has been the claims of a nation by some genocides inside India. So, posting maps of them.
Don't post it. At best, you can provide a link as long as the content is outside of DFI.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Don't post it. At best, you can provide a link as long as the content is outside of DFI.
Well, I knew about link before. But my problem is slightly different.
I'm going to post about a thread over concept of Greater Bangladesh which is sometimes claimed by some Bangladeshi politicians. This map includes West Bengal, Odisha, Assam and some other regions where Bengali is spoken.
Though this concept will be far away from reality and as easy to handle as insurgency in North East.
Anti India sentiment too has increased in BD's public and easily observable in there's environment, reactions on sports meets and sometimes in internet (even on defense forums). So, thread will be about Did India right by not annexing east pakistan and creating Bangladesh?
Usually direct map is kept over genocide issue (I think so) instead of only a plain link. So, that's all, I'm asking for adding disclaimer with map or only link.
But anyway, I don't wanna create any problem for DFI.

pmaitra

Well, I knew about link before. But my problem is slightly different.
I'm going to post about a thread over concept of Greater Bangladesh which is sometimes claimed by some Bangladeshi politicians. This map includes West Bengal, Odisha, Assam and some other regions where Bengali is spoken.
Though this concept will be far away from reality and as easy to handle as insurgency in North East.
Anti India sentiment too has increased in BD's public and easily observable in there's environment, reactions on sports meets and sometimes in internet (even on defense forums). So, thread will be about Did India right by not annexing east pakistan and creating Bangladesh?
Usually direct map is kept over genocide issue (I think so) instead of only a plain link. So, that's all, I'm asking for adding disclaimer with map or only link.
But anyway, I don't wanna create any problem for DFI.
Personally, I wouldn't object, but it is not about what I feel. It is about government directive. If you want my recommendation, then I would say rather be safe than be sorry. Anyway, let's see what other MODs say.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Good question. We will wait for the details once the order is passed.

May be context is important. Eg as you mentioned highlighting claims of others or posting pictures of incorrect maps that media publishes etc. I guess that will be ok.

Country flag
We like you here so do not do this

Kshatriya87

Country flag
What if I want to enlighten other members of a source that has posted the wrong map on the internet? Can I then post it? Or just post the link?

Country flag

Kshatriya87

Country flag

Kshatriya87

Country flag
If it's not then those companies should be banned by india. China has been doing this for decades and the wretched greedy companies always conform.
That would be a nice way to enforce. Just need a few strong non manipulative clauses to make sure that happens.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
If it's not then those companies should be banned by india. China has been doing this for decades and the wretched greedy companies always conform.
That would be a nice way to enforce. Just need a few strong non manipulative clauses to make sure that happens.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Check this out. Please post if you have to, the map on the right......

J&K as well as Arunachal Pradesh were and will always be part of India. Glad Google has realised this!

Both Pakistan and China, its deeper than the ocean and sweeter than honey friend, are sure to get really really pissed off! :tongue:

Neo

Sorry to burst your bubble but Google did not change the maps worldwide.

Only google.IN . Rest of the world can see the borders as they actually are.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Can people outside India check the kind of map Google shows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sorry to burst your bubble but Google did not change the maps worldwide.

Only google.IN . Rest of the world can see the borders as they actually are.
Not borders but control lines. ....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles