Possible Military Scenarios

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
chandra, all that you have pointed out would lead to some unusual level of activity on india's end which would lead to a sense to alert at the pakistanis end. considering this, would also like to see the pakistani reaction and preparation if any and even if this operation remains a surprise till the very last , it would be good if we get a sense as to what their higher ups think, strategise and what is the kind of activity in those terror camps, if this is not considered diverting from the flow of the thread.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If we consider the cold start doctrine, it is possible to hide substantial military movement as its devised to provide that element of surprise.
As already mentioned, naval movement has already been picked up by the Americans and possibly Pakistan as well.

Any movement of aircraft within the country is difficult to pick, so yes there can be a complete surprise attack.

deltacamelately

Professional
Chandrahaas,
My apologies for butting in, however, given the thaw in our relations with the Paks and the notoriously advertised "low threshold" of their nuclear forces, don't you think that our commanders wouldn't get into any pre-emptive action without extensively planning for an "all out" contingency?

Here lies the danger -

Party A plans for a surgical strike behind enemy lines, with the rules of engagement warranting avoiding vital enemy military installation, BUT without doing substantial groundwork in case the escalation matrix gets blown out.
Party B miscalculates the dimensions of the strike and launches offensives in multiple fronts leading to full blown confrontation.
Party A is caught with its pants down and retaliates by throwing in everything in their arsenal, including the kitchen sink.

Welcome to the glass world.

chandrahass

Professional
With All Due Respect. Ritesh .. As far as my story is concerned .. This build up was my plan .
What you are pointing is if i am reading it correctly i should only direct my writing towards terror camps .

Well taking leaf from history any discussions that talking of a preemptive strike on pakistani soil. {I am talking of real time here }. Indian military commanders would always have discussed about a full scale war, rather then attacking those camps because we will crossing borders. and rest assured pakistan will respond

Now If I don't put a naval task force on alert, Keep My air assets ready and keep my boys on ground beef up there defense lines {which i had not written yet :) } .I am afraid i would be a sitting duck.

My Primary goal would always be to destroy pakistani terror machinery , You have to be answerable to international community also else your military supplies will be cut off . {we still use 90% of our equipment that is very much foreign } .

But ths situation will be only till pakistan declares war on us and then our already alert military machinery will just execute the plan .

and to keep pakistani navy at bay i guess you will require some ships which i have mentioned considering the fact they do have a very good Submarine capability and ASW air wing.

And this big flotilla can not go unnoticed esp with Americans and they will inform Pakistani's even if they are mute spectators in the war .

but considering the fact that even if Pakistan comes to know that our task force is in position . the best they can do is to call urgent meeting of commanders and draft a plan and we will commence the attack even if there ships leave harbor in the quickest of time

and as yusuf pointed out . they can never know what our plan is till the last moment by just judging the moments of our ships .

Pakistani offensive capability is well known to Indians and trust me i had try to keep every thing mind before drafting the story line .

It is my first effort to write a scenario and inputs like yours are really helping me alot .

Thanks again .

Hope i live upto the expectation.

chandrahass

Professional
Chandrahaas,
My apologies for butting in, however, given the thaw in our relations with the Paks and the notoriously advertised "low threshold" of their nuclear forces, don't you think that our commanders wouldn't get into any pre-emptive action without extensively planning for an "all out" contingency?

Here lies the danger -

Party A plans for a surgical strike behind enemy lines, with the rules of engagement warranting avoiding vital enemy military installation, BUT without doing substantial groundwork in case the escalation matrix gets blown out.
Party B miscalculates the dimensions of the strike and launches offensives in multiple fronts leading to full blown confrontation.
Party A is caught with its pants down and retaliates by throwing in everything in their arsenal, including the kitchen sink.

Welcome to the glass world.
Excellent thought mate ... Please hop in let's make this thread a real deal ..

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
in fact chandra what you have written has come across as a beautiful piece of description on a real time scenario to me and i am not disputing any of the scenarios that you have described but given the situation i wanted to also understand what would be the thought process in the pakistani camp given that the americans have picked up our activity and they might have also informed the same to their counter parts in pakistan and also if you could throw in a little more insight as to what all is transpiring in those terror camps, but if these would be digressing from the scene that you have in your mind then please do not include any of these, mind you this is only an add on but certainly not the essence because the essence will remain the stikes from our end. please continue :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Chadra, you have given scenarios of the build up of navy and the airforce. Army mobilization is missing. Any movement of tanks, RT preparing to defend any attack from Pakistan? Getting missiles ready for any brinkmanship etc?

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
i Shall play the US of A

chandrahass

Professional
CHAPTER 2 WHEN THE HUNTER BECOMES HUNTED ..

9th July 00:30 HRS:: INDIAN AIR SPACE, NEAR LOC 3 X Mi -35’s

“This is Cobra -1 … Approaching Pakistani airspace.. We will maintain radio silence till the “rabbits are on the plate” … Standby” … This was the voice of pilot of lead helicopter of three helicopter formation flying low over the mountainous terrain.

“Roger … Cobra -1”… Rest two acknowledged.

Terrain of Jammu and Kashmir was both boon and curse for the pilots flying big machines like Mi -35’s. Advantage was of course avoidance of direct ground radar detection by enemy air defense and disadvantage was if somehow they are detected ... they can be easy prey for Pakistani stingers and plus the skill of the pilots was the most optimum key for success of the mission.

And the rabbits that pilot mentioned were three Special Ops team under command of three commando colonel‘s in each Helicopter.

After almost 25 minutes of flying low over Pakistani air space. It was cobra -1 who took lead and was hovering around drop zone. Pilot switched on his FLIR sensors and went for automatic target tracking to look for any possible hostiles on ground

“This Is Cobra -1 … Ground is clear … free the Rabbits”… It was Cobra -1 who broke the radio silence

Cobra – 2 and Cobra -3 acknowledged and next moment drop chords from two heli copters were touching Pakistani soil and rabbits were skidding down one by one and taking positions on the ground, while Cobra -1 watched over and then it was Cobra -1 who took his turn to empty it’s belly .

“Cobra -1 to Akbar … The rabbits are on plate … Over”… Cobra -1 was ecstatic

“Good Job – Cobra -1 RTB ... RTB ...”.. It was voice of Cobra -1 base commander

“Roger .. Akbar … Over and Out”..

And three choppers were back to their homeland.

chandrahass

Professional
9th July : 01:15 HRS :: 6 KMS FROM TERROR CAMPS SOME WHERE IN PAKISTANI OCCUPIED KASHMIR

“Col Siddarth..Col Param.. Mark your watches it is 01:15 A.M. by my watch”.. It was Col . Bir who looked at his subordinates and commanded

“We will meet on 06: 15 HRS at rescue point …”

“Yes …..Sir” The two colonels acknowledged.

“Ok .. Gentlemen. … it is our turn now … Let’s Go .. .. God Speed to you all …” It was Col Bir ..

21 men brave Indian souls just wished each other all the success ..and were off to three different directions in team of 7 each.

9th July : 01:45 HRS :: AMINA TERRORIST TRAINING CAMP PAKISTANI OCCUPIED KASHMIR.

It was a cold night. It is always even in this time of year. There was very little activity at the camp at most of the eyes were sleeping or were fighting hard to stay awake in that cold accept 7 pair of eyes who were continuously monitoring the situation .

“There are three towers guarded by MMG’s ... One at east, one south and one at main entrance ..Towards north… ” It was Col Bir who said it to Maj. Thapa while passing on his night vision binoculars to him.

“Sir.. The Main Entrance has an elevated sandbag bunker. I believe it has to be one or two HMG’s there …” Thapa . Replied..

“Hmmmm… .. This camp is really well constructed to be a ….” Col Bir was interrupted by voice of truck engines.

“Behind the tree…” Col. Whispered and he glued his binoculars towards the main gate ...”
A Pakistani army jeep was leading the convoy of three trucks into the camp….

“They have special guests…. Sir”.. Thapa spoke smilingly to Col. Bir.

“and Pakistan says that these people are non state actors …” Col was clicking the photos on his camera .

“Anyways … Search light makes pass every 35 seconds towards the west side barbed wire fence . we will enter throug here. ” ….Col Bir said

“Satish you stay here . Take an elevated position over a tree you will take out gurads in span of 10 minutes for each towers and then the HMG’s “

“Yes Sir ….” Satish moved along to take position while bolstering his Dragunov SVDS on his shoulder

“Rest ….we move in team of two … we have to make it quick, silent and carefully … there is shallow steep across that part of camp ... that‘s why Pakistani’s have not erected any tower there as it is imposibleto climb that straight wall of mountain. …. Thapa you go first” He insisted.

Every One Nodded in approval

As The search light made a pass. Thapa and Nikunj made an bowed sprint towards the fence.

And when he was about to cut the fence, he saw an guard in afghani cap, salwar kameez and fur jacket with his back toward them just three meters from the fence .

“Stay Here “Thapa signaled nikunj with his hands.

Very carefully but swiftly he cut through the wires across the electrocuted fence.

He crawled and was moving with silent steps towards the guard as soon as he stood up. With In a split second his left hand was covering guard‘s mouth while his khukri was cutting down Pakistani’s throat mercilessly.

India had just drawn first blood of Operation Vidhyut….

Nikunj saw this and he just crawled into the camp as the search light made the pass.

Thapa and nikunj took postion behind a wall inside the camp afterthey took care of the guard lifeless body .

And Thapa whispered through his microphone ..”All Clear Sir …. Come In …”

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Welcome chandra after a long time mate

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
thanks for posting again chandra, was eagerly waiting for the plot to continue.

rgds. :)

chandrahass

Professional
sorry guys was out of forum for quite a while was doing a house shift

House Shift = Mo Internet = No Posts -> New internet = new posts soon

expect posts in couple of days

Antimony

Can I butt in with something incredibly boring compared to what chandra has written?

This is a descriotion of likely scenarions, from Sanjay Badri-Maharaj's book The Armageddon Factor simulation.
It has a description of the IA and PA ORBATS, the lay of the land and possible theatres of operations, references to the doctrine, and finally how a war may play out at the identified theatres

Here are the links:
BHARAT RAKSHAK MONITOR: Volume 3(6)
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/ISSUE3-6/sbm.doc

Its is somewhat dated (2001), so there would probably be a lot of changes at the ORBAT and equipment levels. But the overall underlying situations have not changed that muc, so this may be interesting reading to get a hang of what is out there

rcscwc

Tihar Jail
Banned
As aside. On July 12, China rattled its nuclear sabres in favour of Pak. But G. K. swiftly announced that Pak would be held responsible even for a Chinese nuclear attack. Hectic activity all over the world saw China retreat. After all, Indian missiles could nukes even to Beijing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles