Possible Military Scenarios

chandrahass

Professional
My Fellow DFIites.
In the Scenario that will follow in this thread in coming days. I had tried to put up an act purely based on fiction, that bears no resemblance to any living or dead . All The characters are purely fictional and work of art and not intended towards any type of religious body, political institution or individual .

This is my first attempt as a writer. You will encounter certain mistakes. Please bear them and honour me with your valuable inputs anytime -:

THE EYE OF AN TIGER -:
CHAPTER -1 : THE AWAKENING ...

After the Dreaded Attacks of 26/11 2008 on Mumbai in which world witnessed 10 trained Pakistani terrorists butchering 178 innocent men and women which not only included Indian citizens but of many nationalities . Those who killed were mainly from U.S., Britain and Israel.

Despite of ceasing all kind of diplomatic efforts and waging a bureaucratic war against Pakistani machinery .Government of India had achieved little or nothing.

Anguish of Common Indian was not avenged who had seen it many times in past his fellow brothers and sisters massacred mercilessly in trains, markets , while returning from work and every where in there own country ...

A Common Indian was not feeling safe so he exercised his ultimate authority to bring a change. He used his vote to bring a government who had removal of terrorism on his agenda and people had seen them acting rudely and decisively in Kargil War -1999.

They wanted a safe land for them, for their loved ones and for everyone else in this country and why not this was their first fundamental right . They wanted to avenge their dead. They wanted to teach that country a lesson which time and then has stabbed there trust and friendship calls. The time had come was to bury the daemon for once and all.

The time was right to take a decisive action against a dangerous enemy who like plague had eaten many sons and daughters of India . Far away the horizon, Sun was rising and so was hope ….

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
awsome chandra i cn help you wit the Orbats and etcs ..........

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A Common Indian was not feeling safe so he exercised his ultimate authority to bring a change. He used his vote to bring a government who had removal of terrorism on his agenda and people had seen them acting rudely and decisively in Kargil War -2009.
Sorry to interrupt here, but then Kargil War took place in 1999.

On top of the post you said that you dont want any link to any political front etc, but the very statement used above has an obvious reference.

Sorry once again to interrupt.

johnee

Sorry to interrupt here, but then Kargil War took place in 1999.

On top of the post you said that you dont want any link to any political front etc, but the very statement used above has an obvious reference.

Sorry once again to interrupt.
You forget that this is just a fictional story. So, This kargil war is no way linked with THE KARGIL WAR of 99.:blum3:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Read the post johnee. It says that "people had seen them acting rudely and decisively in Kargil War "

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I dont want to discuss much about the political angle/politics here in this thread as its for military scenario. But just thought that the political angle was obvious in the original post.

johnee

Read the post johnee. It says that "people had seen them acting rudely and decisively in Kargil War "
I read the post Yusuf........
But I was just reminding you of the disclaimer: The story is fictional and is not related to any individual, event or organisation.........

All the incidents mentioned are fictional.
Anyway, during Kargil, it was Vajpayee's Govt with NDA as constituent partners. Obviously that Govt with exactly those constituents and PM cant be formed again. So, in reality its not a possiblity. It is only possible in a fiction which is exactly wat this story is.............

PS: Anyway leave it yaar...........

chandrahass

Professional
Yusuf Thanks to point out the typo It Is Indeed kargil war 1999. Pal I guess you should understand that what ever references made towards history are very much required to build up the scenario and ofcourse i cannot change them as it had already happened i am just taking laeaf out of history

My point is that only what i am writing to build the scenario is a pure fiction work one should not try to link it with any thing orignal in present

chandrahass

Professional
July 2nd 2009 :: Prime Minister Office , Raisina Hill , South Block - New Delhi .

Newly elected prime minster of India G K Singh was famous for his swift decision making and no nonsense attitude. He was considered as Man of Substance by his fellow countrymen and commanded utmost respect among his subordinates and was een as a man who had zero tolerance for corruption, complacency and in discipline.

It was quite cool in his air-conditioned office and silence among some of the most important dignitaries of the country was making the environment rather tense.

Silence was shattered by a impressive and rather hoarse but bold voice “What are we waiting for Hitesh”

Prime Minister asked rather impulsively to his National Security Advisor - Hitesh Mishra, who prompted his secretary to speed up his laptop – projector setup which was facing some technical issues and it was Hitesh who had called upon this urgent meeting this morning at 10:00 and prompted Prime Minister to skip a important meeting with country’s core industrialists. Usually these types of technical issues were taken care by the PMO technical staff. But NSA was quite adamant in refusing the services of even trusted technical staff due to security reasons. Every One else other in office felt that perhaps he should had taken the help
Among The Other Dignitaries present were three Service Chiefs, Defense Minister of Country and few others.

As the things steadied and projector screen illuminated . Hitesh moved forward hastingly to explain …

chandrahass

Professional
US Tripples Non Miltary Aid To Pakistan

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As Pakistani forces continue to battle an advancing Taliban, the leading senators on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee introduced legislation Monday tripling aid to the country.
The bill to boost non-military aid to Pakistan was introduced by Sens. John Kerry, left, and Dick Lugar.

The bill to boost non-military aid to Pakistan was introduced by Sens. John Kerry, left, and Dick Lugar.

The Enhanced Partnership with Pakistan Act of 2009, introduced by Sens. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, and Dick Lugar, R-Indiana, authorizes $7.5 billion in non-military aid to Pakistan over the next five years to foster economic growth and development, and another $7.5 billion for the following five years.

The $1.5 billion per year would triple U.S. non-military aid levels, currently at $500 million per year. The legislation also would separate military from non-military aid, promising that economic aid "is no longer the poor cousin to military aid."

In a statement released Monday, the senators said they aim to build "a deeper, broader, long-term strategic engagement with the people," rather than just the leaders of Pakistan, acknowledging past U.S. aid to the country had been tied to political events, "sending mixed messages and leading most Pakistanis to question both our intentions and our staying power."

"Today, most Pakistanis believe the United States will cut and run when it serves our purpose, a belief which undermines our long-term efforts to defeat extremists, foster democratic change, and support transparent and accountable institutions that promote security and stability in Pakistan," the statement said.

In introducing the legislation on the Senate floor, Kerry, chair of the Foreign Relations Committee, warned, "An alarming percentage of the Pakistani population now sees America as a greater threat than al Qaeda.

"Until we change that perception there is, frankly, very little chance of ending tolerance for terrorist groups or persuading any Pakistani government to devote the political capital necessary to deny such groups ... the sanctuary that they've been able to receive."

Lugar added, "If Pakistan is to break its debilitating cycle of instability, it will need to achieve progress on fighting corruption, delivering government services, and promoting broad-based economic growth."

In rolling out his new strategy for Afghanistan and Pakistan in March, President Obama called on Congress to pass such a bill, versions of which have been introduced in previous sessions of Congress.

Monday's bill introduction came two days before Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are to meet with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Afghan President Hamid Karzai as part of a series of trilateral meetings aimed at coordinating strategy toward the region.

Pakistan's military continues its assault, begun just over a week ago, on militants in Taliban-held areas after they seized territory in violation of an agreement signed this year by Zardari. The deal, criticized by the United States, allowed the Taliban to implement Islamic law, or sharia, in the region where the Taliban is strongest in exchange for an end to fighting.

The recent operations are part of the Pakistani army's intensified drive against the Taliban in its restive tribal regions. The Pakistani government has been criticized for not cracking down on militants along its border with Afghanistan. The militant activity in the border region has led the U.S. military to carry out airstrikes against militant targets in Pakistan. The strikes have rankled relations between the two countries.

Pakistan has asked the United States to supply its forces with helicopters, communication equipment and night-vision technology as part of a U.S. plan to beef up the country's counterterrorism efforts.

Obama told reporters last week that he is "gravely concerned about the situation in Pakistan."

Speaking at a news conference capping his 100th day in office, Obama said the United States has "huge national security interests in making sure that Pakistan is stable" and doesn't end up a "nuclear-armed militant state."

After making two visits to Pakistan in less than three weeks, Adm. Michael Mullen, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, is "very alarmed by the growing extremist threat in Pakistan and remains frustrated particularly by the political leadership's inability to confront that threat," according to his chief spokesman. iReport.com: Your questions for Pakistani president

Clinton and Defense Secretary Robert Gates have called Taliban gains in Pakistan an "existential threat" to the country.

The bill takes into account the fluid situation in Pakistan, leaving military aid to be determined on a year-by-year basis. But it requires Obama to certify Pakistani forces are making progress in combating al Qaeda and the Taliban and not interfering with civilian rule in order for aid to continue, a condition both the Obama administration and the Pakistani government have opposed.

The bill also calls for strict benchmarks to measure the effectiveness of the aid. In addition to requiring Obama to submit a report to Congress outlining a strategic plan for the aid, the administration is to submit a report every six months detailing how the money is spent and judging its effectiveness. Clinton and Gates are to submit a comprehensive cross-border strategy for the Pakistani-Afghan border, as well as annual reports on the progress of Pakistani Security Forces
But every One On this earth knew including americans that against whome these weapons were going to be used ....

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^^Chandrahass ji, is the above news article is also part of the military scenario??. Till now you have built up the story quite well. Please carry on, waiting for more.

Pintu

Chandrahaas Sir, A nice and very interesting thread is started.
Eagerly awaiting for this. Please carry on.

Regards

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf Thanks to point out the typo It Is Indeed kargil war 1999. Pal I guess you should understand that what ever references made towards history are very much required to build up the scenario and ofcourse i cannot change them as it had already happened i am just taking laeaf out of history

My point is that only what i am writing to build the scenario is a pure fiction work one should not try to link it with any thing orignal in present
Carry on mate.
End the story with a Pilot called Yusuf dropped a nuke on Islamabad.
Thanks

Wondering what to call that plane that does that?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Carry on mate.
End the story with a Pilot called Yusuf dropped a nuke on Islamabad.
Thanks
hmmmmm I was thinking another possibilty. A Mullah Called "Ahmedsid" capturing the power in Pakistan and their Nuclear Assests Also. But in the end it is revealed that ahmedsid is a RAW agent and he Has Handed over all the nuclear secrets and the reigns of the country to India.

Pretty James Bondish? huh? ;) lol God Speed.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Let's not derail what Chadra has in mind.
But sorry I beat you to a potential climax.

chandrahass

Professional
@ Dare Devil .. Yes I will Try to make this story based on facts so during the course i will try to corelate the facts with story ...

Sorry to keep you guys waiting for long I was just trying to figure out whether my writing is not bothering any body . Tanks for your response . I would try to be regular from now onwards ..

chandrahass

Professional
“Sir ...” Hitesh started with a pause while stepping towards the projector screen.

High Resolution Pictures from Israeli origin Indian satellite RISAT -2 started flashing on the projector screen.

“These Pictures were taken two days back from forests near Muzzafarabad which show these newly created temporary shelters which our intelligence reports suggest are hovering special training for foreign and Talib militia to launch ferocious terrorists attacks against Indian cities very soon ” … Hitesh explained in a single sentence .

“Sir … Our Sources across the border have insisted that ISI is upto something big this time. Attack On two –three Indian cities is imminent. This Time they plan to attack cities like Delhi, Ahmadabad, Lucknow at a time to cause maximum chaos, pain and destruction moment these terrorists groups sneak through our borders ”

Faces grew grim in the room. Silence was deafening, which was broken by rather soft voice of Devika shahane. Minister of Home affairs India who joined the meeting late . “This is outrageous ….”...She said.

“Government of Pakistan has been in denial mode from very beginning .So called action on 26//11 culprits is becoming a joke and in fact is turning them into heroes by media flashing there biographies now and then “ ..Devika added rather angrily.

“Well We never Trusted them Madam…. Moreover Pakistani Army is getting enough money and equipment from United states now to fight as mercenaries which has made them to behave typical and arrogantly again …acc to their recent statements against or diplomatic pressure “ .. It was turn of Indian Army Chief Gen I.K. Choudhary to interrupt.

“Our recent captivities from slain terrorists is showing rather surprised inclination of their training level and sophisticated equipments like Sat Phones , GPS encoders etc etc.. . They are giving our boys a good fight “... General explained.

“They will Kill Indian Civilians like pests if they get a chance”. Consequences will be far direr this time then 26/11…. Mr. Prime Minister”…. He added firmly.

“Pakistanis have their tail up these days and they are chanting up and loud after support they are getting from Obama Administration… “ Devika Interrupted .

“Singh Saab .. Pakistani’s think that this is their chance they were waiting for to get … Kashmir”…. She Continued.

“We need To act decisively and act now.” ….Hitesh said and Everybody agreed in their hearts .

All Eyes in room were On Prime minister now.

Prime Minister was quite prompt in his response “Our peace and diplomatic efforts are been taken as comedy circus by Pakistan. Either we wait for another massacre or we act and i am not waiting this time at least. Pakistan has got her chance. India is capable to defend it’s sovereignty, integrity and it’s people and I trust my armed forces for fullest... ”

“We will Attack Pakistan Terror Machinery for once and all before they do this time …..” Prime Minster was crystal clear in his approach.

He looked towards three services chiefs. Before he could ask ... Three Of Them said in one voice. “Sir … You decide when … Boys are damn Raring to go …”

“Let‘s do It sir …For India ..” Every Body Else Said In chorus as there eyes filled with more respect towards there prime minister

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
“We will Attack Pakistan Terror Machinery for once and all before they do this time …..” Prime Minster was crystal clear in his approach.

He looked towards three services chiefs. Before he could ask ... Three Of Them said in one voice. “Sir … You decide when … Boys are damn Raring to go …”

“Let‘s do It sir …For India ..” Every Body Else Said In chorus as there eyes filled with more respect towards there prime minister
Superb writing. Hope our ahmed get some motivation................

:india:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir,
A more dramatization would help. I mean its a decision to go to war.
More elaboration. More intel details etc IMVHO would make it for gripping reading.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles