PM modi will Discuss T14 Armata Procurement with Viladamir Putin on 6th Dec Visit to counter pak chinese growing tanks

THESIS THORON

Country flag
if you will read the rfi you will come to a conclusion even armata doesn't match the specs needed.

so if we are buying armata then, it will be needed to modified, and all testing will happen again. This will inc the dev cycle. It will be streached to 2030s, considering that 1700 tank will not be imported from russia, so for setting up the assembly line and all the shit related to that will take time.

So, if the tanks will start inducting in 2030s it is better that we focus on the ngmbt(next gen main battle tank) which is getting dev by drdo and other labs.

Brood Father

Country flag
Lol..let's not spend money on these slow platforms .. I don't think so that in modern warfare tanks will be as effective when we have good anti tank missile and many platform to execute them ..future will be to have a light and fast armored vehicle with multilayer capabilities along with anti tank warfare

As far as India is considered lets not spend money on them ..we have enough good tanks
Better spend money on Artilleries and attack helicopters or maybe Light tanks ..

Super falcon

Country flag
Light tanks wont make a punch you needed balanced tanks to out perform enemy tank jammers and armour so you need a bigger better tank and armata is not heavy tank considering its 90 km speed with current engine in future it gets better

Even T 90 have 70 km speed so armata is very good future option

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Lol..let's not spend money on these slow platforms .. I don't think so that in modern warfare tanks will be as effective when we have good anti tank missile and many platform to execute them ..future will be to have a light and fast armored vehicle with multilayer capabilities along with anti tank warfare

As far as India is considered lets not spend money on them ..we have enough good tanks
Better spend money on Artilleries and attack helicopters or maybe Light tanks ..
India is barely in the 2000s right now by global modernization standards. I am pretty sure no one in our defence establishment has the vision to induct Ripsaws rapid assault tanks. SO let's stick to reaching the previous decade before we can move towards the current decade's technologies (in the coming 2 decades).

Brood Father

Country flag
India is barely in the 2000s right now by global modernization standards. I am pretty sure no one in our defence establishment has the vision to induct Ripsaws rapid assault tanks. SO let's stick to reaching the previous decade before we can move towards the current decade's technologies (in the coming 2 decades).
Fortunately this was working for us till now because our main rival was Pakistan and kind of gap we had in economics and resources we had nothing to worry about ..
But now since our main rival is china we need to think in futuristic way

I am amazed how can western or Chinese army have that vision , we on other hand are still stuck in 2000 . If the poster is right and we get Armata this will truly be a shame .

Longewala

Country flag
When does IA need to retire the T72s?
Pakistan is clearly not in a rush to retire it's 1000+ T-59 /85 tanks which are both a generation older and also inducted much earlier.

Question is do we
A. Simply ignore them as obsolete which would imply losing the numerical edge
B. Match them with an equivalent number of high end T-90s which would be expensive
C. Keep about 1500-2000 T-72 which are junk, but better protected and newer build than the Napak junk, and also (unlike their older tanks) have commonality in engine etc with the T-90s

I would have said C

Sorry for going a bit off topic here

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Pakistan is clearly not in a rush to retire it's 1000+ T-59 /85 tanks which are both a generation older and also inducted much earlier.

Question is do we
B. Match them with an equivalent number of high end T-90s which would be expensive
C. Keep about 1500-2000 T-72 which are junk, but better protected and newer build than the Napak junk, and also (unlike their older tanks) have commonality in engine etc with the T-90s

I would have said C

best would be replace some t72 with arjun

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Question is do we

I would have said C

But isn't it true that Pakistan's latest tank VT4 (ig that's what it is called) and chinese latest tank (do not know the name, if anyone knows pls tell) are better and more capable/lethal than the T90s used by India?

THESIS THORON

Country flag
But isn't it true that Pakistan's latest tank VT4 (ig that's what it is called) and chinese latest tank (do not know the name, if anyone knows pls tell) are better and more capable/lethal than the T90s used by India?
yes they are but in paper.(not battle proven),

also they are in very puny numbers, so it doesnot change the dynamics.

idk about the armour but it has edge due to aps.

WARREN SS

Country flag

Question is do we

I would have said C

Point is we need counter Chinese who are innovating Tanks and after tanks

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles