PM Modi In USA 2021 - UNGA, in-person QUAD meeting

The Shrike

Country flag
A VP holding bilateral talks with a Chief Executive/Head of Govt of a foreign country:

View attachment 111826

I guess there's a reason they're calling it the "Biden-Harris administration", far as I know, the first time in US govt history such a tag has been made (correct me if wrong).

I'm guessing that's why Modi even tweeted "looking forward to meeting VP". I think everyone knows who is at least partly running things, or is being groomed to fully run things pretty soon.
I don't know, US VP holds bilateral talks all the time, but more with unimportant countries, like Guatemala, Vietnam and UK's Boris Jonson 😜.

BTW I'm still having a hard time ID-ing the people on the US side of the table, we have our PM, FM, NSA (who is practically the security czar), I don't see either Blinken or Austin here, they have sent their B-team to engage with us.

Another bizarre image, the "Quad" meeting had 5 inner seats with Blinken sitting at the same level as the heads of state 🤔.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Every one is a body language expert here :dude:

Fact is US acknowledged Pakistani terror against India.

India is getting military hardware

India is getting investments

India is investing in USA

India is addressing UNGA

India is addressing QUAD

India is a part of the group of Nations who are going to determine the future of this world for the next few decades.

I would say "This is the most appropriate time for India and Indian Establishment is ready for it".
Well said. Judging things from one picture............ what should I say.....good time pass but not real analysis. Sometimes pictures like these are deliberately published.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
She did just now..
I met with Prime Minister
@NarendraModi
to reaffirm the strategic partnership between the United States and India. Working together, we can make progress on important global issues, from the COVID-19 pandemic, to the climate crisis, to strengthening and defending democracy.
--------------------------------------

I don't know how good this turned out to be. Based on body language, the PM was much more comfortable during his previous visit. Howdy Modi was on a different level.

There's a disappointment on everyone's face in the Indian side in the below pic:
View attachment 111804

I also felt that Kamala stressing on ' protecting democratic principles, democratic institutions' stuff in the joint address.
Also, is there a hidden message in the delayed acknowledgement of the meeting?

Trump hota tho he would have said ' Along with PM Modi, I will work on eradicating radical islamic terrorism and against the atrocities of the Talibans in Afghan'. Miss those days :facepalm:

As I posted earlier, I hope Modi wins in summer 2024 and Trump wins in winter 2024
Trump was the one who made the cut and run deal with the Taliban, and also put some tariffs on India.. Yes, he stopped some coalition support funds to Pakistan, but was very much engaged with Pakistan nonetheless.. Don't know what this love with Trump is..

The Shrike

Country flag
I get that, but wanted to know if any important announcement from the QUAD summit?
So no defense deal?
Pretty uninteresting, mostly small fry stuff. On defence, I think US has stopped having any expectations looking at the tame language.
  • Having concluded four major defense enabling agreements since 2016, the United States and India have made significant progress as Major Defense Partners and look forward to further increasing information sharing, bilateral and multilateral exercises, maritime security cooperation, liaison officer exchanges, and logistical cooperation.
  • In furtherance of the U.S.-India Defense Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI), the United States and India agreed in July to a $22 million project to co-develop air-launched unmanned aerial vehicles. DTTI currently encompasses four working groups, and the next senior officials’ meeting later this year will further expand defense industrial collaboration.
  • The United States stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the Indian military, having offered state-of-the-art capabilities, such as the F/A-18, F-15EX, and F-21 fighter aircraft; MQ-9B unmanned aerial systems; the IADWS missile system; and additional P-8I maritime patrol aircraft.
  • India’s premier strategic airlift capabilities enable its military to provide critical humanitarian relief and evacuation operations to the Indian Ocean region and beyond.
  • The U.S. Air Force and U.S. firm Lockheed Martin (LM) recently concluded a $329 million contract to provide maintenance for India’s C-130J transport aircraft fleet. This deal will help support jobs in both countries while enhancing India’s strategic airlift capabilities.
  • The Indian Air Force operates the second-largest C-17 fleet in the world behind the United States, recently signing a $637 million extended maintenance contract with U.S. firm Boeing that supports jobs in both countries.
  • In June, LM delivered India’s first two MH-60R multi mission maritime helicopters. These platforms were assembled in Troy, Alabama, as well as Stratford, Connecticut, and integrated in Owego, New York, and allow India access to the multi-role helicopter global supply chain.
  • As the second-largest operator of P-8I Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft in the world, India is a valued maritime partner in the Indo-Pacific and beyond. U.S. firm Boeing delivered the tenth P-8I aircraft to the Indian Navy in July 2021, and the 11th aircraft is expected to be delivered in October.

Gessler

Country flag
I don't know, US VP holds bilateral talks all the time, but more with unimportant countries, like Guatemala, Vietnam and UK's Boris Jonson 😜.

BTW I'm still having a hard time ID-ing the people on the US side of the table, we have our PM, FM, NSA (who is practically the security czar), I don't see either Blinken or Austin here, they have sent their B-team to engage with us.

Another bizarre image, the "Quad" meeting had 5 inner seats with Blinken sitting at the same level as the heads of state 🤔.

Blinken is right there.

I'm seeing NSA Sullivan behind Biden.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Always have been.

Useless organization for virtue signaling and giving cushy posts to external affairs babus. Can't wait for it to be consigned to the dustbin of history.
I think UN will be a more relevant once India gets UNSC permanent seat with Veto.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
How? The guys at the high table play veto veto with each other. Doesn't change shit anywhere. Only useful for bullying weaker countries without allies at the high table. Won't change whether or not India is present.
It will happen, Many things are in pipe line.

Moroboshi

why bother about this thread?

calm down!
I can say the same thing about your obsession with UN.

All I was looking for is how you think UN is relevant and how India begin in the UNSC going to change shit. But all you have given me so far is "pipeline", "change soon" and "India in UNSC"

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't remember where you posted your 'binary test'. But going by this post, the result of that test for this scenario is that the guy is a cheeni implant, right?
My paradigm doesn't cover this scenario. in this case no one got punished by US and CCP got their wish granted.

Let's test out a theory since it is early days in the new murican administration, we get to make observations afresh. lots of stuff will be happening around the world some relevant mostly irrelevant. since CCP is on our minds these days, we could test out probable causes of relevant/interesting events against a proposed theory or paradigm.

I propose a paradigm "Any country that has ongoing unresolved issue with CCP, will be at the receiving end of American administration directly or thru their various instruments of their foreign policy"

Answer will be either "Valid" or "Invalid" .

For example :
1) Current Australian govt has an issue with CCP, but google has threatened Australia. In this scenario paradigm gets "Valid", because google is an instrument of murican foreign policy.
2) Taiwan has a historical problem with CCP, but murican administration starts recognising Taiwan. In this scenario, paradigm is "Invalid".

No hurry, we can test it out for years to come. if anyone is interested in improving it further, you are welcome, but objective is to measure an event in simple binary.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I can say the same thing about your obsession with UN.

All I was looking for is how you think UN is relevant and how India begin in the UNSC going to change shit. But all you have given me so far is "pipeline", "change soon" and "India in UNSC"
UN is relevant, UN is the fulcrum around which global HDI improvements takes place in lower income countries. sure, UN bureaucracy is effed to the core. but on issues where there is global consensus, just following UN goals saves a lot of headache for low income countries.

after that UN secretary general got killed mysteriously while flying over balkans, his successors are not taking risks with their lives and simply say yes all major powers.

UNSC was created to prevent the next world war, so far so good.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles