I don't know, US VP holds bilateral talks all the time, but more with unimportant countries, like Guatemala, Vietnam and UK's Boris Jonson .A VP holding bilateral talks with a Chief Executive/Head of Govt of a foreign country:
View attachment 111826
I guess there's a reason they're calling it the "Biden-Harris administration", far as I know, the first time in US govt history such a tag has been made (correct me if wrong).
I'm guessing that's why Modi even tweeted "looking forward to meeting VP". I think everyone knows who is at least partly running things, or is being groomed to fully run things pretty soon.
Well said. Judging things from one picture............ what should I say.....good time pass but not real analysis. Sometimes pictures like these are deliberately published.Every one is a body language expert here
Fact is US acknowledged Pakistani terror against India.
India is getting military hardware
India is getting investments
India is investing in USA
India is addressing UNGA
India is addressing QUAD
India is a part of the group of Nations who are going to determine the future of this world for the next few decades.
I would say "This is the most appropriate time for India and Indian Establishment is ready for it".
Trump was the one who made the cut and run deal with the Taliban, and also put some tariffs on India.. Yes, he stopped some coalition support funds to Pakistan, but was very much engaged with Pakistan nonetheless.. Don't know what this love with Trump is..She did just now..
I met with Prime Minister
to reaffirm the strategic partnership between the United States and India. Working together, we can make progress on important global issues, from the COVID-19 pandemic, to the climate crisis, to strengthening and defending democracy.
I don't know how good this turned out to be. Based on body language, the PM was much more comfortable during his previous visit. Howdy Modi was on a different level.
There's a disappointment on everyone's face in the Indian side in the below pic:
View attachment 111804
I also felt that Kamala stressing on ' protecting democratic principles, democratic institutions' stuff in the joint address.
Also, is there a hidden message in the delayed acknowledgement of the meeting?
Trump hota tho he would have said ' Along with PM Modi, I will work on eradicating radical islamic terrorism and against the atrocities of the Talibans in Afghan'. Miss those days
As I posted earlier, I hope Modi wins in summer 2024 and Trump wins in winter 2024
I get that, but wanted to know if any important announcement from the QUAD summit?
Pretty uninteresting, mostly small fry stuff. On defence, I think US has stopped having any expectations looking at the tame language.So no defense deal?
- Having concluded four major defense enabling agreements since 2016, the United States and India have made significant progress as Major Defense Partners and look forward to further increasing information sharing, bilateral and multilateral exercises, maritime security cooperation, liaison officer exchanges, and logistical cooperation.
- In furtherance of the U.S.-India Defense Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI), the United States and India agreed in July to a $22 million project to co-develop air-launched unmanned aerial vehicles. DTTI currently encompasses four working groups, and the next senior officials’ meeting later this year will further expand defense industrial collaboration.
- The United States stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the Indian military, having offered state-of-the-art capabilities, such as the F/A-18, F-15EX, and F-21 fighter aircraft; MQ-9B unmanned aerial systems; the IADWS missile system; and additional P-8I maritime patrol aircraft.
- India’s premier strategic airlift capabilities enable its military to provide critical humanitarian relief and evacuation operations to the Indian Ocean region and beyond.
- The U.S. Air Force and U.S. firm Lockheed Martin (LM) recently concluded a $329 million contract to provide maintenance for India’s C-130J transport aircraft fleet. This deal will help support jobs in both countries while enhancing India’s strategic airlift capabilities.
- The Indian Air Force operates the second-largest C-17 fleet in the world behind the United States, recently signing a $637 million extended maintenance contract with U.S. firm Boeing that supports jobs in both countries.
- In June, LM delivered India’s first two MH-60R multi mission maritime helicopters. These platforms were assembled in Troy, Alabama, as well as Stratford, Connecticut, and integrated in Owego, New York, and allow India access to the multi-role helicopter global supply chain.
- As the second-largest operator of P-8I Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft in the world, India is a valued maritime partner in the Indo-Pacific and beyond. U.S. firm Boeing delivered the tenth P-8I aircraft to the Indian Navy in July 2021, and the 11th aircraft is expected to be delivered in October.
Blinken is right there.I don't know, US VP holds bilateral talks all the time, but more with unimportant countries, like Guatemala, Vietnam and UK's Boris Jonson .
BTW I'm still having a hard time ID-ing the people on the US side of the table, we have our PM, FM, NSA (who is practically the security czar), I don't see either Blinken or Austin here, they have sent their B-team to engage with us.
Another bizarre image, the "Quad" meeting had 5 inner seats with Blinken sitting at the same level as the heads of state .
How? The guys at the high table play veto veto with each other. Doesn't change shit anywhere. Only useful for bullying weaker countries without allies at the high table. Won't change whether or not India is present.I think UN will be a more relevant once India gets UNSC permanent seat with Veto.
I don't remember where you posted your 'binary test'. But going by this post, the result of that test for this scenario is that the guy is a cheeni implant, right?meanwhile ...
US drops extradition request and agrees deal to free top Huawei executive detained in Canada, in case that sparked major row with China
I can say the same thing about your obsession with UN.why bother about this thread?
My paradigm doesn't cover this scenario. in this case no one got punished by US and CCP got their wish granted.I don't remember where you posted your 'binary test'. But going by this post, the result of that test for this scenario is that the guy is a cheeni implant, right?
Let's test out a theory since it is early days in the new murican administration, we get to make observations afresh. lots of stuff will be happening around the world some relevant mostly irrelevant. since CCP is on our minds these days, we could test out probable causes of relevant/interesting events against a proposed theory or paradigm.
I propose a paradigm "Any country that has ongoing unresolved issue with CCP, will be at the receiving end of American administration directly or thru their various instruments of their foreign policy"
Answer will be either "Valid" or "Invalid" .
For example :
1) Current Australian govt has an issue with CCP, but google has threatened Australia. In this scenario paradigm gets "Valid", because google is an instrument of murican foreign policy.
2) Taiwan has a historical problem with CCP, but murican administration starts recognising Taiwan. In this scenario, paradigm is "Invalid".
No hurry, we can test it out for years to come. if anyone is interested in improving it further, you are welcome, but objective is to measure an event in simple binary.
UN is relevant, UN is the fulcrum around which global HDI improvements takes place in lower income countries. sure, UN bureaucracy is effed to the core. but on issues where there is global consensus, just following UN goals saves a lot of headache for low income countries.I can say the same thing about your obsession with UN.
All I was looking for is how you think UN is relevant and how India begin in the UNSC going to change shit. But all you have given me so far is "pipeline", "change soon" and "India in UNSC"
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Narendra Modi vis–Ã –vis USA||Foreign Relations||36|
|PM modi will Discuss T14 Armata Procurement with Viladamir Putin on 6th Dec Visit to counter pak chinese growing tanks||Indian Army||43|
|Modi did pooja in Kedarnath,inaugurated Adi Shankara statue. BH moments for Commies, Siculars, Islamist and fifth columnists.||History & Culture||12|
|V||Indian Media Must Go Global : PM Modi||Defence & Strategy||13|