PM calls for ideas to turn ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’ into a scheme

Srinivas_K

Country flag
PM calls for ideas to turn ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’ into a scheme

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi called for suggestions to turn 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' into a successful programme, saying the effort was aimed at strengthening unity and harmony in the country.

"Internal vigilance is the prize of liberty. Unity of the nation -- this culture should continue. On the occasion of Sardar Patel's anniversary on October 31, I had talked about 'Ek Bharat, Shreshta Bharat' (One India, Supreme India)... I want to give 'Ek Bharat, Shreshta Bharat' the shape of a scheme," he said in his 'Mann Ki Baat' address.

The PM's stress on a programme that envisages concrete steps to enhance peace and harmony seems intended to take forward his public comments about diversity and tolerance being the country's strength. After being criticized for reacting late to the Dadri lynching, Modi has emphasized the need to uphold law and order and maintain peace and harmony in his comments in India and abroad.

He asked people to give suggestions on the portal MyGov.in as to what should be its structure, the logo and how to increase public participation in it.

"It is expected to be a very specific scheme. Apply your creative mind and give suggestions as to how to connect each and every Indian with the mantra of unity and harmony and 'Ek Bharat, Shreshta Bharat'," the PM said.

He said suggestions should be with regard to what kind of scheme it should be, the kind of programme under it and what should the government, society and civil society do.

"It should be full of life and a prestigious scheme and connect everybody in an easy manner," Modi said.

His proposal to bring out a scheme to enrich the culture of unity and harmony assumes significance against the backdrop of allegations by some sections that 'intolerance' was growing and that the government was doing nothing about it.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Bharat-into-a-scheme/articleshow/49975686.cms

I_PLAY_BAD

1. Abolish levying entry fee to states. Ensures free movement and doesn't create a feel of 'another' place.
2. Link all rivers in India.
3. No state specific taxes.
4. No separate state government education system.
5. All state official languages must be declared official languages of India.
6. Documents issues in a state must be valid across all parts of India. This is one of the major reason citizens hesitate to migrate.
7. Favor marriages between people from different states.
8. It should only be 'Government of India'. Nothing else (Eg. Govt of Telangana, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh) should be named.
9. Ban all regional parties (Those bas***** are the one who always try to create hatred towards people from outside states).
10. quota for all states in the parliament irrespective of election results. So voices from all states can be heard always in the parliament.

Guys, your opinions on my points please......
Don't get angry if some of them don't sound very rational :p

@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @gpawar @hit&run @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @pmaitra @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
1. Abolish levying entry fee to states. Ensures free movement and doesn't create a feel of 'another' place.
6. Documents issues in a state must be valid across all parts of India. This is one of the major reason citizens hesitate to migrate.
8. It should only be 'Government of India'. Nothing else (Eg. Govt of Telangana, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh) should be named.
9. Ban all regional parties (Those bas***** are the one who always try to create hatred towards people from outside states).
10. quota for all states in the parliament irrespective of election results. So voices from all states can be heard always in the parliament.

Guys, your opinions on my points please......
Don't get angry if some of them don't sound very rational :p

@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @gpawar @hit&run @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @pmaitra @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma
There is already a quota for every states in parliament proportional to the respective population.

And your point 7 is hilarious :lol: ...... How do you want to accomplish this ?

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
If you are talking about goods, GST is the answer. If you are talking about people, I do not know except some NE states where permission is required, any such thing is there.
ALL would be impossible. But, depending on geographical positioning the project envisaged during ABV can be implemented.
Again GST.

No single curriculum, but regulated by a central body with state representation would be more practical.
A nightmare for central govt. How do you think people will be able to communicate from central organisations from different states. Already Hindi is creatong enough trouble. What do you think if a GoI office at Guwahati recieved a letter in Tamil would do?
Almost all Govt documents are valid accross India. What documents re you specifically talking about?
Govt should refrain getting involved in such affairs.
That would be contrary to our constitution. Our country is called Union of India for a reason. In fact, the states' powers - particularly fonancial ones - sorely needs to be increased.

Banning a political group is againt democratic ethos, don't you think? Whatever the reason may be, but once the ban game starts, it will be democracy and freedom that will be on the block.
[Quota]
[/quote]

Huh?!!! Where do you think the MPs come from?

I_PLAY_BAD

There is already a quota for every states in parliament proportional to the respective population.

And your point 7 is hilarious :lol: ...... How do you want to accomplish this ?
Yes, it can sound funny but only when you do not have even an iota of hesitation to marry a person from another state we will achieve actual Unity.
Nowadays many people from various states work together. Can't they marry and live together ? Just food for thought :)

Bornubus

Yes, it can sound funny but only when you do not have even an iota of hesitation to marry a person from another state we will achieve actual Unity.
Nowadays many people from various states work together. Can't they marry and live together ? Just food for thought :)
I actually want to hook up with an Arunachali girl.

I_PLAY_BAD

If you are talking about goods, GST is the answer. If you are talking about people, I do not know except some NE states where permission is required, any such thing is there.
Not just permission. If you want to enter Karnataka or Andhra Pradesh they levy entry fee. That practice is foolish as we are not entering into different country, just another state in our own country.

A nightmare for central govt. How do you think people will be able to communicate from central organisations from different states. Already Hindi is creatong enough trouble. What do you think if a GoI office at Guwahati recieved a letter in Tamil would do?
Since most of my proposals lead towards taking away respective states' powers this one amendment would come as a reprieve to non-Hindi language speaking populace.

Almost all Govt documents are valid accross India. What documents re you specifically talking about?
If you go to Karnataka with you vehicle registered in another state they ask you for NOC from Karnataka RTO. That is unnecessary. Why don't they maintain a centralized database to verify those details ?

Govt should refrain getting involved in such affairs.
That one is not for the Govt to enforce. It is for the society.

That would be contrary to our constitution. Our country is called Union of India for a reason. In fact, the states' powers - particularly fonancial ones - sorely needs to be increased.
Yes, Union. That BS word is one of the major reasons India is still a mocktail.
Some hard decision, despite unconstitutional, sgould be taken to convert India to one nation.

Banning a political group is againt democratic ethos, don't you think? Whatever the reason may be, but once the ban game starts, it will be democracy and freedom that will be on the block.
No better way to stop the menace. If you take the examples of DMP and ADMK those Bas***** have brainwashed the foolish people of Tamil Nadu against national parties.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Not just permission. If you want to enter Karnataka or Andhra Pradesh they levy entry fee. That practice is foolish as we are not entering into different country, just another state in our own country.
Really? I did not know this! Why did not anyone challenge it? This is unconstitutional AFAIK.

Since most of my proposals lead towards taking away respective states' powers this one amendment would come as a reprieve to non-Hindi language speaking populace.
As I am far more inclined towards strong federal structure, which btw Modi also is keen to have. Anyway, GoI must have a single language for internal communication. I prefer english - not only for it being nutral, but also for the ease it provides in the much larger sphere of life. You cannot force the non-govt institutions and businesses to refrain from english, and it would remain the primary language for jobs other than govt. so why not accept it? Already, english has been Indianised in a much greater level.

If you go to Karnataka with you vehicle registered in another state they ask you for NOC from Karnataka RTO. That is unnecessary. Why don't they maintain a centralized database to verify those details ?
That is a rule for every state. As RTO tax is supposed to be your contribution towards upkeeping of roads and infrastructure of the state. So, NOC means that no dues were kept pending at the last state. However, this system do need to go. A centralised registration option at least should be there, which will greatly help people with transferable jobs.
That one is not for the Govt to enforce. It is for the society.
Enforce is a wrong word. I think you were going for encourage?

Yes, Union. That BS word is one of the major reasons India is still a mocktail.
Some hard decision, despite unconstitutional, sgould be taken to convert India to one nation.
You cannot. The interest of the minority groups like NE will be in danger if India becomes a executive style democracy with out the federal structure. More strife will be there. Single nation with diverse culture and groups of the size India needs federal structure to alleviate fear of being devoured up by majoritarian groups. Already, Hindi is a matter of great contention.

No better way to stop the menace. If you take the examples of DMP and ADMK those Bas***** have brainwashed the foolish people of Tamil Nadu against national parties.
In every system, however cleverly you desine it, there will be some or other bug. You simply cannot foresee all the menaces that will crop up when you design a system. But, to remove the bugs, you don't change the system from the root.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
My Mommy- Papa, Bhaiya, Bhabhi, Didi Jeeju, Chachachi etc. all are from different states. :peace: How about that? ;)

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
State doesn't matter, only gotra does. 16 in total, One Bharat means a Hindu one. If not possible, then a Sikh one as dominant 'Hindu' paradigm is corrupted by 'middle ages.

Bornubus

State doesn't matter, only gotra does. 16 in total, One Bharat means a Hindu one. If not possible, then a Sikh one as dominant 'Hindu' paradigm is corrupted by 'middle ages.
What is the Gehlan Gotra of Sikhs ?

punjab47

Banned

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No better way to stop the menace. If you take the examples of DMP and ADMK those Bas***** have brainwashed the foolish people of Tamil Nadu against national parties
Having two party system will effectively kill any kind of alternates from emerging.

Besides, let's say NE Indians are not getting proper representation in their respective NE Cong /BJP. What are they supposed to do? Suck it up?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
What is this scheme supposed to do?

Another "word-play" by Modi?? I do not understand what are the goals of "ek bharat, shrestha Bharat"?

Rather than focussing on real work, Modi is just throwing around random initiatives. Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat can just come by establishing rule of law i.e. reforming and increasing Police and judiciary.

punjab47

Banned
What is this scheme supposed to do?

Another "word-play" by Modi?? I do not understand what are the goals of "ek bharat, shrestha Bharat"?

Rather than focussing on real work, Modi is just throwing around random initiatives. Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat can just come by establishing rule of law i.e. reforming and increasing Police and judiciary.
Trying to build political capital instead of being ruthless.

Who knows, yes let's increase rule of law & labours i. E Christian concepts instead of allowing greater autonomy & using state to go after anti national abrahamic & pratilom activists.

Strong but small or large but weak state.

Tradition is former the modern day cuck nehru state is latter.

I_PLAY_BAD

Having two party system will effectively kill any kind of alternates from emerging.

Besides, let's say NE Indians are not getting proper representation in their respective NE Cong /BJP. What are they supposed to do? Suck it up?
Two party system is the product of people's foolishness.
I do not have anything else to say on this particular curse of India.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles