Please hindus, don't say: "All Religions are the Same"

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Please hindus, don't say: "All Religions are the Same"

Maria Wirth is a German and came to India for a holiday after finishing her psychology studies at Hamburg University. She visited the Ardha Kumbha Mela in Haridwar in April 1980 where she met Sri Anandamayi Ma and Devaraha Baba, two renowned saints. With their blessing she continued to live in India and dived into India’s spiritual tradition, sharing her insights with German readers through articles and books. For long, she was convinced that every Indian knows and treasures his great heritage. However, when in recent years, she noticed that there seemed to be a concerted effort to prevent Indians (and the world) from knowing how valuable this ancient Indian heritage is, she started to point out the unique value of Indian tradition.

Observations by someone who grew up in the stifling atmosphere of dogmatic Christianity and appreciates the freshness and freedom of undogmatic Hinduism– and wonders why a section of Hindus are so apologetic about their religion when it actually is the best bet for a fulfilling life.

Hindus used to say, “All religions are equal”. They did not want to see that the two biggies,Christianity and Islam, did not agree. Each of those religions claimed for itself, “We alone are the only true religion. Our God is the only true God.” They pitied Hindus that they might actually believe that by stating that all religions are equal, Hinduism would be elevated to their level. Of course, the ‘true religions’ will never allow this.

Now Hindus say, “We respect all religions. We teach it to our children. Our children hear a lot about Christianity and Islam and how good these religions are. We don’t want to offend anyone, so we teach very little about Hinduism and what we teach is only about superficial things, like festivals and customs and not about the deep philosophy and scientific insights which would portray Hinduism in a good light and might irritate other religions.”

Again, Hindus don’t want to see that Christianity and Islam do not respect Hinduism. The clergy of those religions don’t say it into their face, but to their own flock: “Hindus go to hell, if they don’t convert to the true religion. It is their own fault. We have told them about Jesus and his Father or the Prophet and Allah respectively. Still, they are so arrogant and foolish and hold on to their false gods. But God/Allah is great. He will punish them with eternal hellfire.”

In a variation of “We respect all religions” Hindus also say, “All religions teach the human being to be virtuous and good and lead him to God, the creator. Hindus attend Inter Faith Dialogues and try to find the commonalities. Of course these are there. Hindus try to build on them. “Yes, all religions have good points. Yes, all religions have good people.” They keep repeating that all religions teach goodness, as if to convince themselves. However, deep down, Hindus know that this is not honest and lacks intellectual integrity. They know that Christianity and Islam have gone off track by preaching exclusiveness and hate to their flock. Those religions have encouraged persecution of others and brainwashed otherwise kind human beings into fighting for an imaginary god who supposedly hates all those ‘others’ who don’t believe, what they are told to believe. They have left a trail of bloodshed in history. But Hindus choose to ignore it. ‘Why provoke unnecessarily?’ they might feel, still betraying a psyche wounded by thousand years of oppression.

Is it not time that Hindus call a spade a spade? Swami Vivekananda has said that every Hindu who leaves his faith is not one Hindu less but one enemy more. He said this while India was ruled by the British, and Christians and Muslims were encouraged to feel superior to the “idol worshipping Hindu”. Hindus were not in a position to put the record straight, as their own elite put Hinduism down due to a malicious British education policy. Yet today, 66 years after independence, it is about time to tell the world loudly and boldly what Hinduism is about.

It is not about ruling the world. It is not about believing in unverifiable dogmas. It is not about being nice to those of one’s own faith and not nice to those of other faiths. But it is about discovering what we really are, apart from the ever-changing body and mind. The ancient rishis have discovered the oneness underlying the apparent multiplicity, long before western scientists did. This conscious, blissful oneness is not somewhere out there. It is permeating everyone (and everything) and can be felt as one’s own essence. This essence can be called by different names, but the main thing is, that it is within everyone and within everyone’s reach. So, we truly are all children of the same infinite divine Presence. We all belong to one big family. Vasudhaiva Kutumbhakam. This truth provides the basis for a harmonious world and it makes sense, or does it not?

Author: Maria Wirth

Srinivas_K

Country flag
When Hindus say "All religions are same" do not mean they are inferior or they are leaving their religion.

It is the acknowledgement that GOD is equal to all and there are many ways to reach GOD.

Abrahamics do not understand this because they come with conservative religious doctrines.

Vedas are superior to any religious text in explaining the true essence of GOD.

Dovahkiin

I'm a christian by birth. I like to follow up my day looking at panchang. when i trade in shares or buy valuables I ignore rahu kaal. I believe in the teachings of vedas, i celebrate every festival, like to indulge in studying extensively about the origins of our traditions. For me Jesus was a great man who is still en-cashed till this day. PS. my mom is a Sikh and a complete non believer :bplease:

Brood Father

Country flag
My entire schooling was done at missionary school , so I am aware of the tactics these fuckers apply
In assembly prayers seldom father use to come and he used to boast and brag about Christianity and compare jesus with other gods , encourage us to attend Sunday Mass and even distributed bible
In the name of charity they actually running a racket of conversion and the worst part is no one is aware of such act

Hindus on the other hand are emotional idiots who want "vasudev kutmb" and "sarve bhavantu sukhina" , enculcate their offspring to respect and follow other religion , chalo ...respect part is fine , but why follow ?
They joke about our gods and we laugh at it , chalo.. fine laugh , but at least throw a joke back to their religion and then laugh harder

I don't want to humiliate other religion , but trust me of anyone try to insult Hinduism , I also always have some tricks up in my sleeves

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I'm a christian by birth. I like to follow up my day looking at panchang. when i trade in shares or buy valuables I ignore rahu kaal. I believe in the teachings of vedas, i celebrate every festival, like to indulge in studying extensively about the origins of our traditions. For me Jesus was a great man who is still en-cashed till this day. PS. my mom is a Sikh and a complete non believer :bplease:
Don't say you are christian, you believe in black magic!

Indibomber

My entire schooling was done at missionary school , so I am aware of the tactics these fuckers apply
In assembly prayers seldom father use to come and he used to boast and brag about Christianity and compare jesus with other gods , encourage us to attend Sunday Mass and even distributed bible
In the name of charity they actually running a racket of conversion and the worst part is no one is aware of such act

Hindus on the other hand are emotional idiots who want "vasudev kutmb" and "sarve bhavantu sukhina" , enculcate their offspring to respect and follow other religion , chalo ...respect part is fine , but why follow ?
They joke about our gods and we laugh at it , chalo.. fine laugh , but at least throw a joke back to their religion and then laugh harder

I don't want to humiliate other religion , but trust me of anyone try to insult Hinduism , I also always have some tricks up in my sleeves

Copy paste tech all missionaries use. Mother Teresa ...blood boils.. crooks..

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I would go further and say, those who equate Sanatan Dharma with other base religions like those of the Abrahamics should not be called Hindus at all.

I_PLAY_BAD

By saying all religions are equal we implicitly meant all humans who follow different religions are equal.
Some idiot misunderstood it and wrote a whole article on it. Crappy !!!

sabari

Peaple should be open minded we should learn about good things from other religion after all god is one .hinduism says you can worship god in what ever way you like it is a freedom given to peaple. how the hell a person can say you should workshop in this way only.we live in modern world we have freedom to eat food we like,freedom of speech,then why the hell we don't have the freedom to worship in the way we like and the way we like to see god.

harsh

Country flag
We hindus proud to feel that we are open minded people and we know about islam or Christianity etc. And now our population is converting into islam or Christianity. Still we say all are same because general secular hindu dont care about religion. They don't have self respect. They can bark lectures about how bad Hinduism is but cant listen a word about islam or other religion. And we always be going to all religion are equal because we dont care about it .

Sameet2

I was in protestant school and they have there sunday chapel . It was a place where we you used to crack jokes and make fun as school .
One day I had seen them donating bible freely and I felt that this religion promotion, the next week I didnt go to chapel and the clear reason I gave was I dont believe in Jesus christ and they seems not to care about it either .

Vishwarupa

Country flag
I have seen Hindus worshiping Christmas day with more vigor & excitement than Deepavali or Dasera, i have questioned many on the intention of doing so, they say they are not aware why Deepavali or Dasera is celebrated & Christmas means load of chocolates, expensive wines & eating non-veg. Many also said this liner " all gods are same but are in different forms" , especially girls are crazy & if girls do this boys will follow them( you guys know why)

Even IT companies celebrate Christmas in a very grand manner than Indian festivals.

Brood Father

Country flag
I have seen Hindus worshiping Christmas day with more vigor & excitement than Deepavali or Dasera, i have questioned many on the intention of doing so, they say they are not aware why Deepavali or Dasera is celebrated & Christmas means load of chocolates, expensive wines & eating non-veg. Many also said this liner " all gods are same but are in different forms" , especially girls are crazy & if girls do this boys will follow them( you guys know why)

Even IT companies celebrate Christmas in a very grand manner than Indian festivals.
The simple problem as a religion Hinduism today lack scholers , is even if we have we don't hear about them , last I heard was swami Vivekananda , to protect our religion who we have ? VHP , bajrangdal ...lol ..they are just bunch of lunatics and jobless maniacs who only know how to get negative publicity which is very counter productive
In these times we as a religion are victims but whenever I see SM and MSM I get a complete opposite picture
The need of hour is to promote Hinduism by spreading its values , not the idiotic religious stories
Also abandon all the caste system , do something symbolic, like make dalit new shankaracharya
And that is only possible of we have a learned scholers or pundit who treats Hinduism as value not as epic , myths and yoga

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
They are speaking in slight future tense.

After Sikhs destroy all non-dharmic religions, then they can say:

All religions same.

Kharavela

Country flag
By saying all religions are equal we implicitly meant all humans who follow different religions are equal.
Some idiot misunderstood it and wrote a whole article on it. Crappy !!!
I follow Maria Wirth (author of this article) in twitter. As far as I know, I bet you do not have one hundredth of understanding & knowledge regarding Sanatan Dharma in comparison to her. Calling her an idiot reflects your knowledge on the subject.

I_PLAY_BAD

I follow Maria Wirth (author of this article) in twitter. As far as I know, I bet you do not have one hundredth of understanding & knowledge regarding Sanatan Dharma in comparison to her. Calling her an idiot reflects your knowledge on the subject.
Well I do not question her knowledge on sanatana dharma neiter you do not know how much I respect it.
But this particular misunderstanding by her and an article about Hindus is just stupid, yes.
I you are her follower just keep it with you. No one is going to give you presents just for being her follower.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles