Placing Moderators on Ignore List

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple

To whom it may concern,

I would like to place a moderator, Pmaitra, on my ignore list. As far as I'm concerned he has nothing to say worth reading i.e. he's the perfect candidate for the ignore list.

I will be "manually ignoring" him from now on i.e. not bothering to read or reply to his posts. But, it would be preferably for me if I didn't even have to see what he's written.

Would it be possible to change the site somehow so moderators could be placed on the ignore list? Or could an administrator personally authorise my request for Pmaitra's comments to be invisible from my account i.e. placed on my ignore list?

Yours faithfully,

Apple

ITBP

I dont think it is a good idea criticizing a moderator publicily, if you have any problem then contact with him PM, or just dont read what he says. But creating dedicated thread like this violates guidelines.

Voldemort

Country flag
Take it up with the admins man. This is not a good idea.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
To whom it may concern,

I would like to place a moderator, Pmaitra, on my ignore list. As far as I'm concerned he has nothing to say worth reading i.e. he's the perfect candidate for the ignore list.

I will be "manually ignoring" him from now on i.e. not bothering to read or reply to his posts. But, it would be preferably for me if I didn't even have to see what he's written.

Would it be possible to change the site somehow so moderators could be placed on the ignore list? Or could an administrator personally authorise my request for Pmaitra's comments to be invisible from my account i.e. placed on my ignore list?

Yours faithfully,

Apple
I wonder if that is feasible, because like it or not the Moderator's view has to be known to all.

Or else there is no point of having a Moderator.

If one feels aggrieved, then there are democratic means to express one's grievances,

It is thorough the 'Report' Button and airing your views thereof.

apple

I dont think it is a good idea criticizing a moderator publicily, if you have any problem then contact with him PM, or just dont read what he says. But creating dedicated thread like this violates guidelines.
You're right, and the name of the moderator isn't actually important or doesn't need to be publically expressed.

Unfortunately, and this another (missing) feature I've never noticed till now, it would seem I can neither edit, nor delete my own message...

Can a mod/ admin please delete my initial post which mentions the name of the moderator I wish to ignore? I will repost an editted version of my original post below.

Last edited:

apple

To whom it may concern,

I would like to place a moderator on my ignore list. As far as I'm concerned this moderator has nothing to say worth reading i.e. he's the perfect candidate for the ignore list.

Would it be possible to change the site somehow so moderators could be placed on the ignore list? Or could an administrator personally authorise my request for this moderators comments to be invisible from my account i.e. placed on my ignore list?

Yours faithfully,

Apple

ladder

Country flag
You're right, and the name of the moderator isn't actually important or doesn't need to be publically expressed.

Unfortunately, and this another (missing) feature I've never noticed till now, it would seem I can neither edit, nor delete my own message...

Can a mod/ admin please delete my initial post which mentions the name of the moderator I wish to ignore? I will repost an editted version of my original post below.
Words are like arrows dear! at least in this forum, you can edit your post within 15 minutes of posting but can't delete it. As in real life you can say sorry or take back your words but can't erase the fact that you had said it.

Coming to topic you can put any one on the ignore list, and manually ignore others who can't be put in that list, but if you wish to convey such step by creating a new thread every time and every member follows your idea, then this forum's total post count will increase by leaps and bounds, not a bad idea though!

But, does it serve any purpose?

Last edited:

apple

Take it up with the admins man. This is not a good idea.
I've already lodged official complaints, about said moderator, with several administrators and reported the worst of his posts.

If one feels aggrieved, then there are democratic means to express one's grievances,

You do raise good points.

But, I choose not to converse, anymore, with this individual. I just consider it waste of my time.

While, my choice to ignore said mod. may, theoretically, weaken the democratic exchange of views on the forum. I feel that in practice, it well help as I find his opinions so odious and obtuse I cannot engage in useful discussion at his level.

I should apologise here for anyone that has to read my replys to said mod.

apple

Words are like arrows dear! at least in this forum, you can edit your post within 15 minutes of posting but can't delete it.
You're correct. Just noticed I could edit a post I made recently, but not my older one...

Coming to topic you can put any one on the ignore list
But, for this one you're actually wrong. I attempted to add said mod to my ignore list. However, I was informed moderators can't be placed on the ignore list, which was why I started this thread.

Voldemort

Country flag
I've already lodged official complaints, about said moderator, with several administrators and reported the worst of his posts.
A public outburst will not do you any good. The only way is to Private Message the Admins and resolve the issues. You are in clear violation of forum rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray

ladder

Country flag
like Hitler &Bin laden
Yeah if you are a persecuted jew and waving American flag. But I don't think you are one or flying that flag. For others both the characters and be studied comprehensively as they aren't clouded by their hatred. But then you can blindly follow the victors history.

apple

A public outburst will not do you any good. The only way is to Private Message the Admins and resolve the issues. You are in clear violation of forum rules. @Ray sir- close the thread maybe?
Thought I legitimately expressing issues with user features of the site. But, maybe you're right.

However, most of the messages I've seen deleted on this forum, recently, have been deleted by said moderator. While the topics he discusses aren't of great interest to me and I'll be happy to no longer participate in those discussions, the deleted messages were expressing viewpoints disagreeing with said moderator.

His style of "moderating" is to stiffly and silence all discussion he disagrees with.

But yes, this reply would be what Voldemart would consider a public outburst. So, I'll stop here.

My only motivation for this thread was to express dissatisfion with the site not allowing me to add a mod to my ignore list.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladder

Country flag
Thought I legitimately expressing issues with user features of the site. But, maybe you're right.

Expressing unpopular viewpoints or raising controversial issues could certainly be considered good form, for a moderator, and could help generate discussion.

However, most of the messages I've seen deleted on this forum, recently, have been deleted by said moderator. While the topics he discusses aren't of great interest to me and I'll be happy to no longer participate in those discussions, the deleted messages were expressing viewpoints disagreeing with said moderator.

His style of "moderating" is to stiffly and silence all discussion he disagrees with.

But yes, this reply would be what Voldemart would consider a public outburst. So, I'll stop here.

My only motivation for this thread was to express dissatisfion with the site not allowing me to add a mod to my ignore list.
Well then you have not interacted with couple of other moderators here who are of a stricter variety. As because I haven't seen the post or read the contents of it I can't reply to the merit of it.

But generally posts gets deleted if it contains rhetoric or presents idea already replied to, or violates any other rules. Try posting the said massage again without the drivel and with facts it will pass.

But, again if you are not able to say your ideas in manner that your post don't get deleted, the fault lies with you probably.

Though, as we haven't got non participating mod., discrepancies can occur but the solution to it has already been prescribed.

But, going by your signature, hope I am not talking to a wall.

apple

But, going by your signature, hope I am not talking to a wall.
:)

No, I'm still here and, as far as I'm aware, I've never had a post deleted on this forum.

But, Voldemart has a point about this becoming a public outburst, which wasn't my intention.

So, I'll stop here and sign out now.

trackwhack

To whom it may concern,

Yours faithfully,

Apple
You may ignore him, but he wont ignore you. He takes this charade way too seriously.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I wonder if that is feasible, because like it or not the Moderator's view has to be known to all.

Sir, I question the awareness of forum admin to the damage the moderator in question continues to do the credibility of DFI. As has been pointed out, he is consistently confrontational and uses his privileges to silence those who debate him. He deletes others' post with gratuitous insults and issues infractions more than all other moderators combined. His slavish devotion to Putin should embarrass every Indian. Surely the most cursory examination of his behavior would confirm that. But that examination is not done, so the "democratic means" are in fact absent. In that regard, no one expects "democracy" here, but certainly some reasonableness can exist.

The facts is, the powers-that-be are stuck with this guy because it would set a bad precedent to remove him. I would suggest only that more thought be given when a new moderator is appointed.

On the general subject of the credibilty of DFI, I have noticed that anything goes, and so many threads deal with the angst of 20-yr-olds instead of military subjects. I doubt that DFI will ever appeal to a demographic consisting largely of mature men with military experience or even interested in military service. I believe the critical mass of fanboys will prevail permanently.

EXPERT

In my opinion, there has to be someone above moderators. .
Because the members may have some problems which can only be resolved by him. And Moderators should have to talk to every member or reply him properly before taking any steps against or in favour of the member.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
If he is hated by many in this forum, then I feel he's the one who is doing his mod. job seriously.
The reality is he has a cause, which AFAIK is not a duty of a moderator. If DFI is to become Russia-India Friendship Society then his behavior could be justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles