PLAAF orders Hongdu's L15 trainer

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
So what's new? Name me a Chinese aircraft that hasn't been copied! :tongue:
“There are no sales prospects for our aircraft in China, because the local engineers have developed their own design. Outwardly, the L-15 bears a distinct resemblance to the Yak-130,” said Sergei Kornev, head of the Rosoboronexport department for aviation.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...-15-yak-130-jet-trainers-compete-asian-buyers

The head of Rosboronexport says it is a clone outwardly but such is the case for all Chinese aircraft. The real details are in the internals.

J20!

Country flag
“There are no sales prospects for our aircraft in China, because the local engineers have developed their own design. Outwardly, the L-15 bears a distinct resemblance to the Yak-130,” said Sergei Kornev, head of the Rosoboronexport department for aviation.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...-15-yak-130-jet-trainers-compete-asian-buyers

The head of Rosboronexport says it is a clone outwardly but such is the case for all Chinese aircraft. The real details are in the internals.
"Distinct resemblance" = "clone"? Since when has "resemblance" translated to "identical"? Yak-130's are exclusively subsonic mate...

And you're conveniently ignoring:

“There are no sales prospects for our aircraft in China, because the local engineers have developed their own design."

Hongdu L15/JL10

Yakolev 130

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
L15Z's in Zambian Airforce service:

The Zambian air-force first ordered Hongdu's L15 in 2014, with pilot training and delivery of all 6 air-frames completed in 2016. Maintenance and service training is ongoing:

J20!

Country flag
clone
/kləʊn/

3. a person or thing bearing a very close resemblance to another person or thing
Are you going to fake the definition of the word "clone" now?

clone
kləʊn/
noun
noun: clone; plural noun: clones
  1. 1.
    BIOLOGY
    an organism or cell, or group of organisms or cells, produced asexually from one ancestor or stock, to which they are genetically identical.
    "vines representing all the 15 existing clones were planted"
    • a person or thing regarded as an exact copy of another.
Troll somewhere else mate. How many threads do you have to derail on this sub-forum?

J20!

Country flag
3. informal
a person or thing bearing a very close resemblance to another person or thing

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/clone
Cherry picking to suite your argument as always. the first definition from your link reads:

countable noun
1. If someone or something is a clone of another person or thing, they are so similar to this person or thing that they seem to be exactly the same as them.

Yak 130

Alenia Aerimacchi M346

Please add something substantive to the thread other than the usual "copy this copy that" nonsense.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Cherry picking to suite your argument as always.

Please add something substantive to the thread other than the usual "copy this copy that" nonsense.
It is a definition, there is no argument. I wasn't even responding to you and yet you come here challenging a definition. You are becoming unhinged my friend. You need to calm down.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Cherry picking to suite your argument as always. the first definition from your link reads:

countable noun
1. If someone or something is a clone of another person or thing, they are so similar to this person or thing that they seem to be exactly the same as them.

Yak 130

Alenia Aerimacchi M346

There was no theft of design since YAK and Aermacchi were partners in the YAK-130 until they parted ways. Aermacchi is authorized to pursue its own development of the YAK-130.

J20!

Country flag
There was no theft of design since YAK and Aermacchi were partners in the YAK-130 until they parted ways. Aermacchi is authorized to pursue its own development of the YAK-130.
I know that mate, nor did I imply "any theft of design". Simply demonstrating what an airframe exactly like the Yak 130 would look like.

It is a definition, there is no argument. I wasn't even responding to you and yet you come here challenging a definition. You are becoming unhinged my friend. You need to calm down.
I'm not the one stalking threads on the Chinese subforum to troll every post within reach. Try posting something useful.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I'm not the one stalking threads on the Chinese subforum to troll every post within reach. Try posting something useful.
You do not own this forum much less this thread. You do not tell me where I can go or what I can say. I will continue to post in the Chinese sections and any other section I wish. If you can't handle your state issued propaganda getting debunked then you might want to start doing some critical thinking for yourself. You aren't in a protected 50 cent sandbox anymore, this is DFI.

J20!

Country flag
You do not own this forum much less this thread. You do not tell me where I can go or what I can say. I will continue to post in the Chinese sections and any other section I wish. If you can't handle your state issued propaganda getting debunked then you might want to start doing some critical thinking for yourself. You aren't in a protected 50 cent sandbox anymore, this is DFI.
Continue to troll you mean? What exactly have you "debunked" since posting on this thread?

Exactly. This is DEFENCE FORUM India. Not a fake English lesson. For the zillionth time, post something relevant to the thread's subject matter and take your rants elsewhere..

Last edited:

undeadmyrmidon

Continue to troll you mean? What exactly have you "debunked" since posting on this thread?

Exactly. This is DEFENCE FORUM India. Not a fake English lesson. For the zillionth time, post something relevant to the thread's subject matter and take your rants elsewhere..

J20!

Country flag
A new variant of the Advanced Jet Trainer (AJT) non-afterburning L15 version was pictured on its first flight in January 2018.

Though lacking the extended nose section of the LIFT variant, this variant features the same IFF antennae and ECM pod atop the vertical stabilizer as is on the L15B/JL10B.

Lacking PLAAF livery and sporting the AVIC logo, this new development seems to be targeting the export market. A custom setup for a particular export client perhaps?

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag

Why do you waste your time arguing with this fanboy?

I still remember, couple of years ago he claimed that Chinese government bought millions of cars and put them on the road to fake the impression of prosperous economy.

Later, he made another claim that Chinese exaggerates the exportation. When I asked for supporting source, he sent a report in which US government accuses China of understating the exportation by allocating the sales figure to HK. When I questioned that, his answer was: it proves that China’s figure was not correct.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I still remember, couple of years ago he claimed that Chinese government bought millions of cars and put them on the road to fake the impression of prosperous economy.
You are mistaken, the claim was Chinese heavily subsidised Chinese autos and once the subsidies ended Chinese wouldn't be caught dead in Chinese cars. Fast forward now with auto subsidies over, Chinese wouldn't be caught dead in Chinese branded cars. If you buy one you are considered poor/low-class.

Later, he made another claim that Chinese exaggerates the exportation. When I asked for supporting source, he sent a report in which US government accuses China of understating the exportation by allocating the sales figure to HK. When I questioned that, his answer was: it proves that China’s figure was not correct.
I don't remember the HK part but that sounds correct. China even admitted itself that they do that. It turned out to be the main form of capital flight out of the country by hiding it in fake export orders.

J20!

Country flag
Why do you waste your time arguing with this fanboy?

I honestly don't know mate...

The whole point of a defense forum is to share and discuss defense tech and policy news. His deliberate attempts to derail any informative discussions on China, often with 0 source material makes me consider putting him on my ignore list weekly these days.

But ignoring his falsehoods gives him a free pass to misinform posters lacking any substantial information on the Chinese military and military industrial complex or outright derail threads or discussions.

J20!

Country flag
12 JL10 advanced trainer aircraft commissioned at the Naval Aeronautical University:

J20!

Country flag
Chinese Navy commissions JL-10H advanced trainers
Aug 5, 2018

in Aviation, News
75 5

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

China’s People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) commissioned Hongdu JL-10H advanced trainers in a ceremony at Naval Aeronautical University.

According to local media, PLAN received a new batch of twelve Hongdu JL-10H advance jet trainers designed and manufactured by Hongdu Aviation Industry Group (HAIG) of China.

The use of such an advanced trainer jet at university-level training programs shows the PLA Navy is exploring a more streamlined training system which will conclude after only two stages at the university and the navy. This is a significant streamlining of the previous process, which involved a three-level system consisting of training at military bases between the two, said a military expert Song Zhong.

The Chinese navy will urgently need about 400 pilots, as China is expected to roll out at least four aircraft carriers in the near future. For their training are needed modern training aircraft.

Hongdu JL-10H, also known as the L-15B Falcon, is a twin-engine, modern jet trainer designed for training Chinese naval pilots of Shenyang J-15 carrier-based fighter aircraft.

The new JL-10H trainers likely are powered by two Ukraine-made Ivchenko-Progress AI-222-25F turbofan engines. Aircraft can climb at the rate of 150m/s. Its maximum speed is 1,715km/h. The range and combat radius of the aircraft are 3,100km and 550km respectively.

The service ceiling of the aircraft is 16,000m. Its maximum loitering time is two hours. The aircraft weighs around 4,960kg and its maximum take-off weight is 9,500kg.

https://defence-blog.com/aviation/chinese-navy-commissions-jl-10h-advanced-trainers.html

J20!

Country flag
The PLAAF is teasing induction of a JL10A variant.

This is clearly the supersonic, light attack variant with the elongated nose section containing a small PESA:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles