PLA Vs Indian Army On LAC discussion thread.

Wisemarko

Country flag
It's not fully operational yet. We have war data for MiG-21, not for F-35.
Or you can use J-31 if you have problem with F-35. Get the point.
My dismissive or yours?
:crazy:
Only argument you have ATAGS is that it's not operational.
Your logic for Mig versus F-35 gives me the impression that you understand little on defense. Bye

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ATAGS on mountain?! Lol. How do you plan to put 16 ton peiece of artillery on top of mountain? Please explain. AirDrop from C-17 ? lol.
There's a reason India wants M-777- TO COUNTER CHINESE at LAC. ATAGS can only go as far as Bofors could.
Not a big technical challenge. Once India expertizes Titanium Forgings, weight issue will too vanish. For rest, no other gun holds all of features in ATAGS.
Anyway I am done with you and your silly discussion. Good night
It's morning in India!
:biggrin2:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Your logic for Mig versus F-35 gives me the impression that you understand little on defense. Bye
It's not my logic, it's yours if you start reading from your first post.

Otherwise, enlighten me about how it lags Chinese? Oh no, you can't.

Only argument you have that it's not operational!:becky:

Wisemarko

Country flag
Not a big technical challenge. Once India expertizes Titanium Forgings, weight issue will too vanish. For rest, no other gun holds all of features in ATAGS.
It's morning in India!
:biggrin2:
Then I hope you wake up from your wet dreams

Wisemarko

Country flag
It's not my logic, it's yours if you start reading from your first post.

Otherwise, enlighten me about how it lags Chinese? Oh no, you can't.

Only argument you have that it's not operational!:becky:
"It lags Chinese" is like saying does LCA lag Rafale? We haven't built a single piece of artillery and now claim our prototype is best in the world without a single product in operation! How ridiculous that sounds. Think about it. China is way ahead of India in defense tech as of now- there is no disputing the fact

Scrutator

Finally some sane discussion. Thanks.
Larger chamber means more propellant but doesn't always mean more range. For instance, Bofors FH-77 has more propellant but less range than G-5 mainly due to design of the shell and barrel.
Just a quick comparison on the ranges:

PLZ-45 range : 24 kms (without any assist)
Dhanush range : 38 kms (without any assist)

PLZ-52 range : 53 kms (with all kinds of assist)
ATAGS range : 55 kms (with all kinds of assist)

Also, more propellant means shorter barrel life.
If all things remained the same (as in same barrel were used with different quantities of the propellant), then yes it would lead to shorter barrel life.
BUT, the metallurgy of ATAGS and PLZ-52 are different. If ATAGS is being qualified for a higher propellant quantity then they would have taken care of that with superior metallurgy in order to offer some standard life (around 1000 rounds). I am trying to find the service life of these barrels but haven't been able to.

You got to give it to the DRDO guys who have gone onto to design such a large propellant chamber!!

Wisemarko

Country flag
Just a quick comparison on the ranges:

PLZ-45 range : 24 kms (without any assist)
Dhanush range : 38 kms (without any assist)

PLZ-52 range : 53 kms (with all kinds of assist)
ATAGS range : 55 kms (with all kinds of assist)

If all things remained the same (as in same barrel were used with different quantities of the propellant), then yes it would lead to shorter barrel life.
BUT, the metallurgy of ATAGS and PLZ-52 are different. If ATAGS is being qualified for a higher propellant quantity then they would have taken care of that with superior metallurgy in order to offer some standard life (around 1000 rounds). I am trying to find the service life of these barrels but haven't been able to.

You got to give it to the DRDO guys who have gone onto to design such a large propellant chamber!!
PLZ-05 range is 100 km with assist WS-35 shell. Yes I wish them good luck which I have all my life but they don't have much to show for- yet!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
"It lags Chinese" is like saying does LCA lag Rafale?
No, it's not. Did you even bother to research or signed up and started posting bs immediately from your ned?
We haven't built a single piece of artillery before
Which idiot told you that?:doh:

It's confirmed now that its first time in your life when you saw something about Indian Artilleries. That's why such ignorance.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Once we do this and that is not even good argument .. So for you, this is the best you will get
If you don't have any technical critic but just wants to play it over operationalization, you have failed! Get lost now.

Scrutator

PLZ-05 range is 100 km with assist WS-35 shell
Dude! That's with a 'guided' shell. The gun plays less than 50% role in that!! Apples-Oranges comparison!!

You need to compare performance when standard shells are fired from both guns 'completely unassisted'. Or both guns firing shells with BB. Even RAP could skew the results depending on the power of RAP!!

Guided shells are a totally different ball game!!

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Yes, also AH-4 is only 4500 kg and 155/39 cal hence the range difference. It is for mountains where 16 ton ATAGS can't go
ATAGS on mountain?! Lol. How do you plan to put 16 ton peiece of artillery on top of mountain? Please explain. AirDrop from C-17 ? lol.
There's a reason India wants M-777- TO COUNTER CHINESE at LAC. ATAGS can only go as far as Bofors could.
Anyway I am done with you and your silly discussion. Good night
  • Arty guns are not supposed to be placed on top of the mountain. :facepalm:
  • Arty guns like ATAGS can be transported via road to India-China border.
  • IA plans a mix of ATAGS and M777 for the border with China.
  • AH-4 is not fully deployed with PLA, just like the M777 is not yet deployed with IA. So PLA does not have any inherent advantage over IA in terms of arty in Himalayas.
  • What makes you think India can't put a ATAGS on an Arjun chassis like Denel.
THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL CHAT BUT A THREAD STOP DERAILING IT.
And good morning hai Kakke.

@pmaitra @Kunal Biswas @sayareakd plz clean this thread.
I got a suggestion, instead of deleting the posts, could you please create a new thread titled "Marko is wise" and shift all the posts there :).

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Better say, you have nothing for rebut ..

It's sad that instead of accepting truth, you are going in tangent about inferiority complex route. In real war, equipment matter not lip service. Going to war with adversary like China without knowing true capacity of its warfighter is plain silly. Can't believe you make such statements!

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
What is the size of the infantry,artillery and armor in terms of unit,battalion,division and corps.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles