PLA Vs Indian Army On LAC discussion thread.

shiphone

Country flag
@SPIEZ: those 2 pix were taken 3-4 years ago, which let us get know the existence of this improved ZBD04 IFV. we thought that in pic was a prototype and undergoing some test in a outdoor vehicle test facility...and these guys are the just military fans wearing civilian copy of uniforms with BB guns(AUG and M21). they were playing the war games there and lucky using this prototype as a stage property.

spotted recently...It is believed that this model would entery into service soon...but it will be deployed in the north part of china.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
@SADAKHUSH: I'm just a hobbyist, nothing more ...i'm glad that what I did would be helpful.all the info is from the public.
In china, the State owned TV station(CCTV) has 2 channels military related broadcasting all the day--channle 7 and Defence Channel.
every month, about 20 magezines are publiced for the popularization of military science and tech ,they are sold at every news stands.

As I know, it's quite unique in the world .

Kunal Biswas

THE MORE YOU SHARE, THE MORE YOU LEARN..
shiphone

as saying goes,arrogant and prejudice is out of ignorant...I thought we all should take this as a warning
--------------------------

at this stage and in the past, PLA rarely regards India Army as a "Enemy". the troops along the LAC are out numbered and their weapon upgrading porject is not on the priority list in PLA all the time as Mr Cir said.
And with the improvement of infrastructure and the modernization of the whole PLA army, I don't think PLA will change this situation and deployment along the LAC ,although IA is raising two Mountain Div.s or more Units.
just a week ago. The Republic of Tajikistan has signed the Border Treaty with PRC, which made India the only state which has LAND disput with China

on the other hand ,none would be the winner of a long-term war between the two most populated nation in the world but those snaky instigator.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
at this stage and in the past, PLA rarely regards India Army as a "Enemy". the troops along the LAC are out numbered and their weapon upgrading porject is not on the priority list in PLA all the time as Mr Cir said.
And with the improvement of infrastructure and the modernization of the whole PLA army, I don't think PLA will change this situation and deployment along the LAC ,although IA is raising two Mountain Div.s or more Units.
just a week ago. The Republic of Tajikistan has signed the Border Treaty with PRC, which made India the only state which has LAND disput with China

on the other hand ,none would be the winner of a long-term war between the two most populated nation in the world but those snaky instigator.
Why would anyone of them consider each other enemy untill given orders to do so..
MR Cir is wrong..

Whatever IA is doing is India`s personal matter just like PLA on other side..
China Land dispute with India may always remain or may solve someday..

shiphone
"Arrogance on the part of the meritorious is even more offensive to us than the arrogance of those without merit: for merit itself is offensive."

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
Part D PLA Army Artillery.... Continued

S.P.G.H

Tracked Self-propelled Howizer in PLA Army standard Artillery Weapons of Armored Div/Brig and Heavy Mechanized Infan. Div/Brig.s...
--------------------------------------------
the Tracked S.P.Hs has developped for 3 Generations since 1970s. current PLA Army has all of them in service.

the 1st Gen. SPH. PLZ70 and PLZ70-1 122mm the first try of chinese defence industry-- a simple combination of Type54 Howizer and Type63 APC... phasing out, but it will take about 5 years from now on.

-------------------
the 2nd Gen. SPGH. The Three Musketeers which largely deployed and the main strength of the Arty. Regiments of Armored hand Heavy Mach. Infan. Div.s
PLZ83 152mm 30 Tones

PLZ89 122mm around 20 tones

PHZ89 40-tube 122mm SPMRL same launcher as PHL81, but has a 40 rounds reloader on the same vehicle. around 20 tones.

------------------------------------
the 2.5 Gen. SPH. 2 kind of SPHs that couldn't fully qualified the standard of 3rd Gen.
PLZ45 155mm limited service number ,about 33 tones.

PLZ07 122mm new model ...the replacer of PLZ89

----------------------------------

the 3rd Gen. SPH. the most advanced Artillery system in PLA Army...new model but quickly and widely deployed. at least 5 Group Armies got some of them. Corp. Level Gun.
PLZ05 155m it's the heaviest Artillery. it's unlikely that IA would face it.

the ammo supplier

detecting and tracking redar system...IA had the same sets from USA.

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag
@SPIEZ: those 2 pix were taken 3-4 years ago, which let us get know the existence of this improved ZBD04 IFV. we thought that in pic was a prototype and undergoing some test in a outdoor vehicle test facility...and these guys are the just military fans wearing civilian copy of uniforms with BB guns(AUG and M21). they were playing the war games there and lucky using this prototype as a stage property.

spotted recently...It is believed that this model would entery into service soon...but it will be deployed in the north part of china.

Thank you shipon :)

shiphone

Country flag
easy ...don't take it personly, as I said, I do respect you as an indian military enthusiast who did do some research about your so called 'enemy', e.g. china...

as saying goes,arrogant and prejudice is out of ignorant...I thought we all should take this as a warning
was quoted from this thread.

I thought the second part of my words was clear and important as well...

and I do like your words ...
THE MORE YOU SHARE, THE MORE YOU LEARN..
also it is the drive to me keep updating this thread...

-----------------------------------
MR Cir is wrong..
#6 by cir

The few regiments guarding the Sino-India border are troops most poorly equipped in the PLA.
lucky cctv channle7 had a documentary broadcasted for 5 days about the troopers' lives of Border Guard Regiments along the LAC just a few days ago.. which show us that they are still using the 7.62mm Type81-1 rifile,old 82mm recoilless gun and so called crapy 107mm rocket lunchers....that's the reality. and this is why I keep these in the list... the name of documentary is 中国藏之南 (the south Xizhang of China). I would like to put it here if any online video available.

and these several BGR is really outnumbered compared the those mountain divisions belongs to 2 Corp.s across the LAC. their reinforcements behind them are well equipped but also limit numbered...

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
some correction here:

1. #12 Post:
this is offcially calld ZDF89 the combination fo ATF08 ATM and the ZSD89 APC

--------------
2. #35 post
PLL0X 122mm Wheeled SPH
should be PLC09-122

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
lucky cctv channle7 had a documentary broadcasted for 5 days about the troopers' lives of Border Guard Regiments along the LAC just a few days ago.. which show us that they are still using the 7.62mm Type81-1 rifile,old 82mm recoilless gun and so called crapy 107mm rocket lunchers....that's the reality. and this is why I keep these in the list... the name of documentary is 中国藏之南 (the south Xizhang of China). I would like to put it here if any online video available.

and these several BGR is really outnumbered compared the those mountain divisions belongs to 2 Corp.s across the LAC. their reinforcements behind them are well equipped but also limit numbered...
Like wise i can say the same as on our side BSF and ITBP are using 5.56mm Insas, 84mm RCL, 80mm mortar..

CCTV was abt BSF equivalent force of Chinese Border Guard, Not PLA activities..

shiphone

Country flag
it's quite simple...the army establishments of different nations are different...why do you keep applying mechanically your knowledge about IA on PLA Army?...

there are 2 kinds of Border Guard Regiments in Chinese Armed Force...one is in the establishment of PLA Army ,and the other is from the Armed Police...

regiments guarding the Sino-India border is from PLA army, you can identify it from the uniform...
--------------------------

since you insist these BGR is some kind of Para military...then show us source please...

shiphone

Country flag
Part D ...... PLA Army Artillery.... Continued

Motars SP / TOWED and Other GUNs..
-----------------------------
120mm Mortar-Howitzer system fitted on different chassis, might be introduced before.

Tracked S.P varient ...on an improved ZSD89

8*8 Wheeled S.P varient ...

6*6 Wheeled S.P varient ... PLL05

----------------------
PP84 120mm Mortar a little heavy ...Brigade-Regiment Level Mortar

S.P 120mm Mortar a ZSD89 varient

-----------------------
PP89 100mm Mortar unique caliber...special designed for Light Infan.and Mountain Units.Regiment Level Mortar

-----------------------
PP87 82mm Mortar Standard Battlion Level Mortar

S.P. 82mm Mortar

-------------------------
PP93 60mm Mortar Standard Company Level Mortar

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag
but the vehicles seem to be original and never heard of prop armoured cars in air softing
It seems they were civilians in a military fair or something, dressed as army men with air soft guns

shiphone

Country flag
Part D .... PLA Army Artillery.... Continued

Motars SP / TOWED and Other GUNs..
-----------------------------
W99 82mm rapid fire Mortar It should be a copy of 2Б9М...an unsuccessful design and very limited number in service, the only advantage is the fire speed 40 rounds/min(practical fire speed)...but most of them are in the Mountain Units. that's why I put it on the list...
towed

S.P...on a jeep.

SM4 81MM rapid fire Mortar fitted on an EQ2050... export version and 81mm(not 82mm)

105mm Light Mountain Howizer an ideal mountain Artillary and It was said in service...but we can't find any evidence to support it and it is believed for export purpose only

PT86 100mm Anti-Tank Gun standard ATG of Infantry Unit,about 3.6 tones ...PTL02 has the same gun .

PTZ89 120mm S.P. Anti-Tank Gun standard ATG of heavy Mech. Infan. Div. and Armored Div. I don't think this will be deployed in this area .. arond 30 tones ,lighter than tanks.

--------------------------------------
in PLA Army firepower project system ,Anti tank missile belongs to Artillary.
HJ73/AFT07 ATM 1st generation ...a weapon has been and will be in service for a very long term. there are some varients for different targets...and this weapon is very cheap after so many years' production and PLA use it as Anti shelter weapon in mountain combat.

HJ8/AFT08 ATM the 2nd generation...Medium ATM

HJ9/AFT09 ATM the 3rd generation...Heavy ATM

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
the end of Part D , a Special Chapter coming next about those Artillary mentioned in the origin thread.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
it's quite simple...the army establishments of different nations are different...why do you keep applying mechanically your knowledge about IA on PLA Army?...

there are 2 kinds of Border Guard Regiments in Chinese Armed Force...one is in the establishment of PLA Army ,and the other is from the Armed Police...

regiments guarding the Sino-India border is from PLA army, you can identify it from the uniform...

since you insist these BGR is some kind of Para military...then show us source please...
Interesting to know their are two..

I was talking abt the working or implement basis..

PLA BG/Armed Police BG are same as BSF in Indian armed forces, Structurally they are different but the role is same..

Do you know abt 3 x PLA SF brigades in Indian Border areas, From Leh to Arunachal ?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles