PLA has serious issues with suspensions

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Lol I saw 'suspensions', and I thought suspensions as in removal from duty. I was scratching my head about what it had to do with tank driving skills.

I think Type-98 and Type-99 have addressed a lot of issues. The training tank in the video is obviously going to have a rough suspension since drivers are trained on it almost all day long on rough tracks.

YouTube - China PLA Type 99 MAIN BATTLE TANK ??99?????

1:00 ~ 1:06 shows it to be somewhat stiff, 1:35 ~ 1:39 shows how it's OK. 2:00 ~ 2:30 shows how it's adequately good, at high speeds, and on really bad surfaces. The rest is just a gun-wank.

indian_blues

Country flag
Takeshi's Castle Military Style :D

I've a feeling that Arjun can beat these machines hands down.

qilaotou

You guys need to get your own life. Is Indian army buying the world famous Arjun? I am only aware of big Indian orders for Russian tanks.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
You guys need to get your own life. Is Indian army buying the world famous Arjun? I am only aware of big Indian orders for Russian tanks.
Hahahaha.......I dont always agree with the Chinese guys on this forum, but in this case, I have to agree with Qilaotou.

Fortunately for India, the Indian Army is probably buying a handfull of Arjuns to save the DRDO the embarrassment and the fallout from the 30 year Arjun saga.

Now....I would bet that the smart Indian Army commanders are going to probably park those overweight tanks in the storage room, and roll them out once a year during National Day parades. They might even use them for training purposes.

If there is a war....I dont think you will see the Arjun anywhere on the battle field.

You see Mr. Qilaotou, Chinese and Indian military commanders probably have to deal with the same perennial problem - how do you tell a your state owned, state-funded organization that I dont want to buy your outdated crap, without literally having the "shit hit the fan".

The only solution to this vexing problem is this - buy about 10 or 20 pieces of the hardware so that the state funded organization can "save face". You waste a few hundred million tax-payer dollars in the process, so that everyone involved can claim victory, except the tax-payer who is getting screwed.

I am sure you have similar stories in China. This is a common problem that both Chinese and Indian militaries face.

qilaotou

Hahahaha.......I dont always agree with the Chinese guys on this forum, but in this case, I have to agree with Qilaotou.

Fortunately for India, the Indian Army is probably buying a handfull of Arjuns to save the DRDO the embarrassment and the fallout from the 30 year Arjun saga.

Now....I would bet that the smart Indian Army commanders are going to probably park those overweight tanks in the storage room, and roll them out once a year during National Day parades. They might even use them for training purposes.

If there is a war....I dont think you will see the Arjun anywhere on the battle field.

You see Mr. Qilaotou, Chinese and Indian military commanders probably have to deal with the same perennial problem - how do you tell a your state owned, state-funded organization that I dont want to buy your outdated crap, without literally having the "shit hit the fan".

The only solution to this vexing problem is this - buy about 10 or 20 pieces of the hardware so that the state funded organization can "save face". You waste a few hundred million tax-payer dollars in the process, so that everyone involved can claim victory, except the tax-payer who is getting screwed.

I am sure you have similar stories in China. This is a common problem that both Chinese and Indian militaries face.
Sure. We make what we can. Our tanks don't have to be the best but good enough to defend the country. It's known that Chinese tanks are modified Russian designs. If you say it's a crap I really feel sorry for our Russian friends. My opinion is that if you can not even modify a tank you are not in the position to pointing fingers at others who can.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles