Phone Recommendations

Shredder

Country flag
Hi Folks,

Couldn't find any thread on the same, so creating one.

Need a phone, goes without saying, no chine maal.

Requirements:
> Atleast a 5000mAh battery
> OLED screen
> Snapdragon platform
> Rooting potential
> 5G ready across different frequencies

None of the iPhones come close to any of these. Budget is flexible between 30K-40K. Can extend if needed.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Hi Folks,

Couldn't find any thread on the same, so creating one.

Need a phone, goes without saying, no chine maal.

Requirements:
> Atleast a 5000mAh battery
> OLED screen
> Snapdragon platform
> Rooting potential
> 5G ready across different frequencies

None of the iPhones come close to any of these. Budget is flexible between 30K-40K. Can extend if needed.
Asus Rog phone 5

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Thread is old... But pixel hands down specially those after pixel 4a series are kind of perfect and have sorted out battery and motherboard issue to a great extent.

In Basic Jio is doing good.

Detective Pennington

Country flag
iPhone 14 hands down
What do you think makes it worth the extra $200? More durability and more years of software updates? Pixel has higher refresh rate and better camera but i don’t think 90hz vs 60hz makes much of a difference. 120 is where you start to see the diff.

Thread is old... But pixel hands down specially those after pixel 4a series are kind of perfect and have sorted out battery and motherboard issue to a great extent.

In Basic Jio is doing good.
Eh pixel 2, 3 and 3a were really good, 4 and 5 kind of sucked. 5 was much better than 4 though.

Just saying, Iphones are great, but if you are mostly using non apple products, then integration is finnicky. Tend not to work as great with other platforms, sort of apple's way to try and push people to their ecosystem.
Yeah lack of imessage and icloud on windows is a bummer.

Blademaster

What do you think makes it worth the extra $200? More durability and more years of software updates? Pixel has higher refresh rate and better camera but i don’t think 90hz vs 60hz makes much of a difference. 120 is where you start to see the diff.
At this point, it is about better seamless integration of software with the hardware producing better functionality and performance. It is really about the operating system per se. As a student you got lots of time to tinker around and play around with your phone and you are more tolerant of quirks and errors and more button tapping to get the same function whereas as an adult working everyday, you just want the damn thing to work at the right time you need it and move on with your life. You got other shit to do and you don't have time to tinker around and play around with your phone. You just need the damn thing to work exactly the way you want it.,i.e., no hassle and give you exactly what you want in the least amount of time. The odds of you tinkering around and playing with more features are gonna be less than 1% of your time. 99% of your time is just using it while you got your mind on other things. Iphones are way less distracting than the Android equipped phones and they give you exactly what you need no fuss. Apple does a good job of keeping pace with the latest hardware. They have learned by now that they don't need to be first in getting the feature out anymore. They prefer to sit back and wait and see how this new function works and improve upon it to give a better usage and more satisfying experience. So they will always be at least one cycle behind other phones in terms of new feature.

I am very much a PC guy. The only Apple products I own is the iPhone and the iPad and nothing else. I keep my iPhone for at least 3-4 years and then I upgrade. That's how good the iPhone is. Ipad last me about 5 years. And they have been through heavy use and abuse.

NutCracker

Country flag
Pixel 7 or iPhone 14? (base model on each).
Not samsung ???
they probably provide 1 years extra OS support and equal Security updates compare to Google.
Faster charging than both of these,, + BIXBY gives you insane automation features.
You can literally automate your phone to do any thing you want.

Blademaster

Not samsung ???
they probably provide 1 years extra OS support and equal Security updates compare to Google.
Faster charging than both of these,, + BIXBY gives you insane automation features.
You can literally automate your phone to do any thing you want
How so?

NutCracker

Country flag
Bixby routines.

I can turn off fast charging during night time.
Or just turn off charging. So that it doesn't charhe for whole night 😎
Screenshot_20230112_133347_Modes and Routines.jpg

Turn off auto brightness for gaming, so that light sensor does not affect gaming.😎
Screenshot_20230112_133341_Modes and Routines.jpg

Turn off my data during night time, saves battery.😎
Screenshot_20230112_133332_Modes and Routines.jpg

WAIT THERE IS MORE..

it even has MACRO touch recorder. Once enabled it will ask you to perform a task, it will record the parameters and touch locations and create a script.
Then with just one click you can do same action repetitively.

Blademaster

Bixby routines.

I can turn off fast charging during night time.
Or just turn off charging. So that it doesn't charhe for whole night 😎
View attachment 189222

Turn off auto brightness for gaming, so that light sensor does not affect gaming.😎
View attachment 189223

Turn off my data during night time, saves battery.😎
View attachment 189224

WAIT THERE IS MORE..

it even has MACRO touch recorder. Once enabled it will ask you to perform a task, it will record the parameters and touch locations and create a script.
Then with just one click you can do same action repetitively.
Iphone does that too.

Detective Pennington

Country flag
Not samsung ???
You can literally automate your phone to do any thing you want.
I'm a bit skeptical of them bring able to provide the extra year of OS support over Google when Google literally makes Android. As in, to what extent is that last year actually an upgrade? Also not really a fan of the bloatware.

S22 base model does have a nice camera though.

Blademaster

I'm a bit skeptical of them bring able to provide the extra year of OS support over Google when Google literally makes Android. As in, to what extent is that last year actually an upgrade? Also not really a fan of the bloatware.

S22 base model does have a nice camera though.
And that's another thing that Apple excels at. They really cut down on the bloatware and if any any other apps they make it unobtrusive and interested people have no problem finding that specific app and easily learn about it.

Detective Pennington

Country flag
And that's another thing that Apple excels at. They really cut down on the bloatware and if any any other apps they make it unobtrusive and interested people have no problem finding that specific app and easily learn about it.
Agreed I think from iOS 14 onwards they gave you the option to remove defaults from the home screen.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Guys any comment on Agni 2
I am not looking much into these youtube videos
Does anyone got hand over it and can give any advice as my uncle was asking under 20k
How is it Indian bcoz last phone seem to be directly shipped from China like indicated by @Johny_Baba
Is it the same thing this time
Experts pls give opinions

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles