Personal e-mail encryption techniques

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) and S/MIME are two techniques which can be used to encrypt e-mail.
End to end encryption of e-mail is required to hide communication between two individuals completely from any servers which may be involved in the delivery of the mail.
I could do a step-by-step setup of PGP, but then again, this is not a DIY site.

Instead, I shall be posting DIY info on how to do PGP over GMail, the e-mail which most people use anyway.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
My ardent prayer to all Deshbhakts is to switch to encrypted communication channels and encourage people you love and trust to switch to the same.
Very soon, left wing terrorists will brand anyone with a swatch of conservative thought as a terrorist, and they will let lose the whole counter terrorism eco-system against conservative thought. So, use the encryption techniques terrorists(legal ones) use.
Use PGP.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Installing FlowCrypt Browser Extension

This assumes you already have Google Chrome (or Firefox) installed.
With FlowCrypt, encrypting and decrypting happens on your device. This means that you will have to install FlowCrypt on each device you want to send and receive encrypted messages from.
Go to flowcrypt.com and click Get Chrome Extension:
1610267941100.png

On Chrome Web Store, click Add to Chrome:
1610267975000.png

Click the
puzzle icon in the top right corder of your browser then click the
FlowCrypt icon to set up FlowCrypt:

browser settingup startusingFC clicklogo

1610268011700.png

1610268031700.png

1610268044700.png

If this is your very first time using FlowCrypt, you will be presented with two choices add see screenshot below:
1610268064700.png

If this is the first time you are using encryption on this account, click New Encryption Key.

Else if you have used OpenPGP encryption software from another vendor in the past and want to import your previous private key, see Use My Own Private Key.

Challenger007

Country flag
How well do encryption services work? It seems to me that it is better to use trusted instant messengers for confidential correspondence.

Samuel Evans

Country flag
PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) and S/MIME are two techniques which can be used to encrypt e-mail.
End to end encryption of e-mail is required to hide communication between two individuals completely from any servers which may be involved in the delivery of the mail.
I could do a step-by-step setup of PGP, but then again, this is not a DIY site.

Instead, I shall be posting DIY info on how to do PGP over GMail, the e-mail which most people use anyway.
there is private encrypted mail and cloud storage https://beeble.com/en , it works on the principle of distribution and decentralization of infrastructure for encrypted data storage. All information is protected and geographically duplicated in several countries.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
there is private encrypted mail and cloud storage https://beeble.com/en , it works on the principle of distribution and decentralization of infrastructure for encrypted data storage. All information is protected and geographically duplicated in several countries.
I went through the site, and found out to be very cryptic. There is no mentions of underlying technologies. It does not appear to be point to point either. If it is and i am missing something, enlighten me.

Samuel Evans

Country flag
I went through the site, and found out to be very cryptic. There is no mentions of underlying technologies. It does not appear to be point to point either. If it is and i am missing something, enlighten me.
in fact, if you go to the FAQ section, there is a mention of basic technologies and specific proven algorithms developed based on open source code

Samuel Evans

Country flag
I just had a look at their website and I love that I can send encrypted emails to traditional emails. I am also very happy that email had private key for encrypting letters, but there is little commercial information on what they are trying to achieve or I can’t just find it. What do you think about them?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I just had a look at their website and I love that I can send encrypted emails to traditional emails. I am also very happy that email had private key for encrypting letters, but there is little commercial information on what they are trying to achieve or I can’t just find it. What do you think about them?
Just that, that there is little information on what they are trying to achieve. Also I couldn't find the exact encryption ciphers used. Help us dig this information up, could give this a try!

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
How well do encryption services work? It seems to me that it is better to use trusted instant messengers for confidential correspondence.
If you use open pgp or s/mime encryption, they work very well.
For IM, use Omemo encypted messages, apps like Dino, Conversations work very well over XMPP.

Samuel Evans

Country flag
If you use open pgp or s/mime encryption, they work very well.
For IM, use Omemo encypted messages, apps like Dino, Conversations work very well over XMPP.
found information in their How it works section that they use PGP signature authentication: “messages are encrypted using the PGP algorithm with a key length of 4096 bits. The password is hashed using the Argon2 algorithm”.
What do you think, is argon2 better than bcrypt and SHA256?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles