Genocide of Hindus in Pakistan & Bangladesh.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
'Hindus asked to pay Rs 6 mn jiziya in Pak'

Islamabad, June 28: An unidentified caller claiming to represent the Taliban demanded Rs 6 million as "jiziya" from the minority Hindu community of Battagram district in Pakistan’s North West Frontier Province on Sunday.

The caller made the demand during a phone call to local Hindu leader Parkash. He asked Parkash, a doctor, to collect Rs 6 million from the Hindus in Battagram and pay the amount to the Taliban.

According to media reports, the caller said all minorities living in Battagram must pay "jiziya" or a tax levied on non-Muslims.

Last month, some 35 Sikh families were forced to leave their homes in the Aurakzai tribal region after they failed to pay a jiziya of Rs 50 million demanded by the Taliban. The militants burnt their houses and looted their shops.

Following the call, security agencies have launched an inquiry to confirm the caller’s identity.

District police chief Sohail Khalid said he was unaware of the call. He said similar calls and threatening letters had also been received by NGOs and other people in Battagram. In some cases, persons had posed as the Taliban to settle "personal scores", Khalid said.

Hindus asked to pay Rs 6 mn jiziya in Pak: Report

johnee

Nothing wrong in Taliban's demand. Those Hindus are living in Islamic Republic of Pakistan where majority are muslims. Obviously, they will enforce their will. Those Hindus must dutifully pay off their Jizya.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Nothing wrong in Taliban's demand. Those Hindus are living in Islamic Republic of Pakistan where majority are muslims. Obviously, they will enforce their will. Those Hindus must dutifully pay off their Jizya.

So what really is this Jizya ? Any idea

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I know all this .asking you

Jizya was applied to every free adult male member of the People of the Book. Slaves, women, children, the old, the sick, monks, hermits and the poor, were all exempt from the tax, unless any of them was independent and wealthy.

Taliban or anyone doesnt have any authority to ask for jizya .

johnee

I know all this .asking you
I didnt get you.
But you seem to be asking me about my understanding of jizya, right? Well, generally Jizya has been levied in history in India(that includes Pakistan, BD) by Muslim rulers on Non-Muslims. Taliban is only following what generally Muslim rulers did in India. Of course, the Taliban's jizya is way too high. But after all, those Hindus are living in a Islamic Nation(with Muslim Majority), they have to follow the Islamic rules(they cant expect secularism).

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I didnt get you.
But you seem to be asking me about my understanding of jizya, right? Well, generally Jizya has been levied in history in India(that includes Pakistan, BD) by Muslim rulers on Non-Muslims. Taliban is only following what generally Muslim rulers did in India. Of course, the Taliban's jizya is way too high. But after all, those Hindus are living in a Islamic Nation(with Muslim Majority), they have to follow the Islamic rules(they cant expect secularism).
Jizya was applied to every free adult male member of the People of the Book. Slaves, women, children, the old, the sick, monks, hermits and the poor, were all exempt from the tax, unless any of them was independent and wealthy.

Taliban or anyone doesnt have any authority to ask for jizya .

Is there any Muslim country imposing Jizya ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I dont know if any Muslim country does that. They all want business as all these countries are oil producing ones and want back up for the time their oil dries up.

Jizya was anyway collected by the ruler of the state. If the govt of Pakistan does not crack down on this order by Taliban to collect tax, it means they have given up sovereignty of that area to the Talban.

What the Taliban is doing is extortion. By using religious terms, they further tarnish the name of Islam. What they are doing should be condemned.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
as far as i know no islamic country has livied the jazyia

VayuSena1

Professional
What a cowardly way of taking it lying down! This is the most spineless answer I have ever read from any Indian till today. Do the minorities in India pay a religious tax just because they follow other religion other than the nation's majority? No. We might not want to stoop to their levels but then it is India's automatic right to raise questions what the GOP is doing.

If Pakistan can repeatedly question us for what riots that have taken place in India, even Indian government has the right to demand an answer from GoP for this insecurity for Hindus living there.

VayuSena1

Professional
I dont know if any Muslim country does that. They all want business as all these countries are oil producing ones and want back up for the time their oil dries up.

Jizya was anyway collected by the ruler of the state. If the govt of Pakistan does not crack down on this order by Taliban to collect tax, it means they have given up sovereignty of that area to the Talban.

What the Taliban is doing is extortion. By using religious terms, they further tarnish the name of Islam. What they are doing should be condemned.
Unfortuantely all don't think like you, mister Yusuf. If it was like that, there would be no need for any partition in first place. I respect your opinion.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
as far as i know no islamic country has livied the jazyia
Yes .. And i do seriously think that its a part of Propaganda from Pakistani Establishment to use the name of Taliban .. By this the current Pakistani Establishment can grab more money from International community by keep on saying about Talibans.

Does anyone have any idea , when Taliban were ruling Afghanistan , was Jizya imposed ?

Calanen

What a cowardly way of taking it lying down! This is the most spineless answer I have ever read from any Indian till today. Do the minorities in India pay a religious tax just because they follow other religion other than the nation's majority? No. We might not want to stoop to their levels but then it is India's automatic right to raise questions what the GOP is doing.

If Pakistan can repeatedly question us for what riots that have taken place in India, even Indian government has the right to demand an answer from GoP for this insecurity for Hindus living there.
Remember that the people they are facing, the Taliban, have kept the largest army in the world busy for about 8 years now. It is easy to say these people are cowards, but paying some money is better than losing one's head.

Flint

I think a bit of hyperbole is taking place. ONE Unidentified caller has asked for jizya, which is just an excuse for extortion.

Many businessmen in Mumbai get calls from underworld dons, for their "hafta" or "protection money".

Lets not forget that the Taliban is nothing but a glorified gang operating under false pretences.

Fighter

All hindus should be allowed to live in freedom in pakistan without any kind of restrictions.
What happened was all wrong.
But remember it was taliban. That alone explains everything.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think a bit of hyperbole is taking place. ONE Unidentified caller has asked for jizya, which is just an excuse for extortion.

Many businessmen in Mumbai get calls from underworld dons, for their "hafta" or "protection money".

Lets not forget that the Taliban is nothing but a glorified gang operating under false pretences.
Precisely what I said in an earlier post that it's nothing but extortion but with religious colors.
The Taliban gets publicity and the GoP gets another reason to ask for more money from the west.

johnee

Sir,
IMO, GOP has no right to question anything about India's internal affairs(that includes riots). We dont need to give them any explanation at all. We simple tell them that its our internal affairs.

Then Pakistan is formed as an islamic country for the muslims of erstwhile India. That means it was formed for those ppl who wanted to live in an Islamic country. So, obviously they are going to issue their diktats(that are consistent with their founding ideology: Islam). Islam permits Jizya on infidels. The same is being implemented. Why should we have any prob?

I take strong exception to your comparing India's conditions with Pakistan. India and Pakistan are two separate countries and they have nothing in common. Hence, there must be no comparison. It would be grossly unfair on India to be comparing it with a rogue terrorist nation like Pakistan, similarly it is unfair on Pakistan(a failed nation) to be comparing it with India. Then India is neither an Islamic country nor does it have muslim majority. So, I dont see why India and Pakistan should be hyphenated at all.

Of course, GOI can feel for the plight of Hindus(and other minorities) of Pakistan. But thats about it. We cant do anything more than that. IF we could have done something, then we would have done that when Hindus were being targetted in Malaysia and Bangladesh.

MMuthu

Yes, Why should we worry about Pakistan Hindus?

Why are hindus or Sikhs still living in Pakistan? Waste of our time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles